Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Non-Sport Update Magazine Discussion    Don Norton on this week's Cardboard Connection Radio
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Don Norton on this week's Cardboard Connection Radio
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted

Hi All:

This week, the 32nd Annual National Sports Collectors Convention takes place in Chicago, IL. Cardboard Connection radio will be broadcasting live from the show. In fact, rather then doing just one show, they will be doing a number of live spots live from The National. Below is the schedule:

8/3/2011 - 5PM-6PM
8/4 - 8/6/2011 - 1st show 11AM-12PM
8/4 - 8/6/2011 - 2nd show 3PM-4:30PM
8/7/2011 - 1st show 11AM - 12PM
8/7/2011 - 2nd show 4PM - 5PM

Times above are CST.

And for those attending the show, you'll find Doug and Rob at booth #669. You'll also find some Non-Sport Update copies and other material on display there.

Our own Don Norton will be live on Cardboard Connection's Friday afternoon show. The show airs live at 4 PM EST, 3 PM CST. And it should available via iTunes shortly thereafter. Don will be talking non-sports with Doug and Rob. Specifically, Don will be talking about current releases, the current and upcoming issues of Non-Sport Update, the upcoming Chicagoland Entertainment Collectors Expo, and more.

With the earlier time this week, we hope many of you will tune in! Just go to their site and find the 3 PM CST episode. I don't see a link just yet so you might not find the specific show link until closer to the episode airing. If we get an update on the link, we'll post it here.

Thanks.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Sounds good, i will try and listen in. Thumb Up

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
As an AM radio junkie...listening to streaming on the internet is just as great. I love radio. Sometimes more than TV. I listen to more hours of radio per week than watch the **** that's on TV nowadays.
Keep up the good work, but I know you will. Thumb Up

Fred

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Hi All:

This should be the correct link for Friday's show that Don Norton will be on:

National Sports Collectors Convention Day 3, Show 2

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I wasn't on long - but I enjoyed doing it. Did mention Monster Wax, Wackie Packages, and few other items - but wasn't able to mention a couple of key items I wanted to get to.
Hope sdomeone here got a chance to listen

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Yes i listened Don. I got the impression ( right or wrong ) that you were waiting for them to ask you a question and you would answer it but they just wanted you to talk away without them interupting and this was not happening.

I think if you go on again you should ask them beforehand what they would like to do.

I don't know if you got this impression but this is how it came over to me.

Plus they had the guy from Upper Deck sitting there waiting to go, i think you would have been on longer if they did not have this guy to go to.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
You are right Wolfie. I'm optimistic about being on the radio show again. The host, Rob, lives fairly close to me. Perhaps someday we can meet, talk cards and I can make some hopefully helpful suggestions.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post