Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Random iCardz in New NSU
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
I WOULD JUST LIKE A COPY OF THE MAGAZINE - NOTHING AGAIN FOR ME Frown

I'm going to get a Hammer to the head if that doesn't show up soon. Frown

Never Harris - you are safe Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
Received my subscription copy but no icardz...... Frown

Where have they all gone........

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Got my NSU today but as expected no special promo.

Harris have you found anything out about this?

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
No Random card in mine Frown

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
Got my NSU but as expected no special promo plus there was damage on three of my four promos Frown.

To brighten up my day I opened a box of The Fantastic Four with my wife, and she pulled a Massafera sketch card. Smile Beautiful colours!

Some you win some you lose.

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Got my NSU today but as expected no special promo.

Harris have you found anything out about this?

Random doesn't mean random

I've just heard an explanation from the printer and it's not good. I'm being straight here, as embarrassing as it may be.

We handed off the cards to the printer back in October with the instruction that they should be randomly inserted. That's pretty simple to understand, right? Unfortunately, an employee at the printer's plant had to make a decision due to postal paperwork and made a bad one.

When our mailing is done through the Post Office, a bevy of paperwork must be filled out (it's an 8-page form!) since the magazines are mailed Periodical Class. It's part of the "privilege" of being able to mail at this class. One of the things that must be accounted for is the weight of the trading cards since they are considered advertising. In this case, we were going to have one group of magazines with one weight and another group with a different weight (yes -- the Post Office checks). And to complicate things, we must do separate paperwork for those copies which contain the "this is your last issue" insert since that adds weight to each mailing.

Looking at how this random card would complicate things, an employee at the printer's office made the call to not insert any of the cards into those being mailed by Periodical Class. What she should have done is asked our sales rep or our day-to-day rep about it, who in turn would have asked us how we wanted it handled. We could have done separate paperwork for each set of issues with the extra card. But for some reason, she decided not to and thus, none of the subscriber copies have the cards inserted.

I am VERY sorry this has happened. I wish we had been asked how we would like this to be handled rather then now coming back to you with egg on our face but at the same time, I do appreciate the printer being upfront about what happened.

We are still a bit fuzzy on which grouping of copies have the cards -- just the newsstand ones? newsstand and hobby shops too? I'm not really sure. What we are sure of is that newsstand copies have them.

Again, we are very sorry about this.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
This was completely out of your control Harris.

Thank you for being so upfront so quickly about the explanation. This is typical of the honesty we get from you guys at NSU.

A lesson learned for your printers methinks, and if it means that someone with a casual interest it the hobby becomes a collector because they got the extra promo then maybe it's not such a bad thing after all.

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
Harris

Don't worry about it. "C'est la vie" as they say in France and certain parts of Canada.

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Give the Printer a GOOD KICKING

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
I'm starting to think that these were randomly inserted into copies at the printers after the subscriber copies had been sent out.

I hate being right. Big Grin

Don't worry Harris there is nothing you could have done. Keep smiling. Smile

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Don't sweat it, is was cool of you to be straightforward in telling us all what went down, I think everyone understands that things can happen that are out of our control.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
I bought an NSU at another Borders today located in Woodbridge, VA. No iCardz....

Harris, thanks for clarifying what issues do have them and what your printer had done...

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
With boring predictability the card in question goes through the roof on Ebay. Roll Eyes

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Thanks all very much for your understanding. Its still not right what happened but I do appreciate the posts.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
quote:
I bought an NSU at another Borders today located in Woodbridge, VA. No iCardz....

Harris, thanks for clarifying what issues do have them and what your printer had done...

Well, theres no doubt that Harris and Mike will never forget Lest We Forget PNS-1 Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BILLZEE,

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Purchased a copy from Borders but no card Shake Head

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Thanks all very much for your understanding. Its still not right what happened but I do appreciate the posts.

No Problem harris & we are all looking forward to the $6 refund for all subscribers that the printer will be giving us Big Grin

Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
Hi Kevin,

Glad you were able to find some as well!!!! I am no longer alone! Smile Smile

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post