Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Issue Shipping Soon
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
Hi All:

The new issue is on the way. This is the 20th Anniversary issue. Overseas copies went out this past Friday and subscriber copies will be sent out tomorrow. Below, please find the cover of the issue created by Brian Kong and Jim Kyle.

The website has also been updated in conjunction with the new issue, as we always do. We have more website exclusives then usual this time as well as some interesting things tucked away within the new updates. I'll be updating everyone on these via the Non-Sport Update page on Facebook and my Twitter updates (follow me @HarrisToser). I will also try and post them here too.

Thanks.

Harris

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Sweetness. Love that cover, can't wait to see what's inside! Big Grin

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
The Cover is GREAT Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Great looking cover and promo's.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice cover and promos (I'm especially excited about the Wacky Packages Old School card). Do you think this issue will be on sale at my local comic shop with this week's new comics or more likely to arrive next week?

Posts: 52 | Location: Madison, WI | Registered: March 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Harris. When you say "Overseas copies" are these subscriber copies, retailer copies, or both?

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
Harris. When you say "Overseas copies" are these subscriber copies, retailer copies, or both?

Graham:

Those would be subscriber copies.

Harris

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Thanks, although with the threat of country wide postal strikes and an estimated backlog of undelivered mail at the moment of 20,000,000 items, I can see me picking up my copy at Memorabilia Roll Eyes

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry asking what is probably a rookie question, but is NSU available at either Barnes and Noble or Border's? I just called my local comic shop but they don't carry it unless by special order. I'd like to pick up this 20th anniversary issue. Thanks for any info!

Posts: 52 | Location: Madison, WI | Registered: March 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoesfriend:
I'm sorry asking what is probably a rookie question, but is NSU available at either Barnes and Noble or Border's? I just called my local comic shop but they don't carry it unless by special order. I'd like to pick up this 20th anniversary issue. Thanks for any info!

I don't know for sure about Barnes and Noble, but the last time I was in a Borders they had the latest issue on the shelf.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Yes, we are in those two chains. But not all of them. Its up to the store and distributor if the magazine is carried in an individual store. So your best bet is to give them a ring or if you are in the store, take a look.

Also, as has been discussed here before, they're not always in the same spot. Sometimes they're with sports card magazines, sometimes with comic related publications, sometimes with general hobby/craft magazines, and sometimes with science fiction. The easiest thing to do is look for poly-bagged magazines within those sections. Also, if you ask at the information counter, the store should be able to look us up for you and see if its carried in that store.

Thanks.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
Harris or anyone else,

Have any US subscribers received their copies yet? I still have not seen mine.

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eman
posted Hide Post
I haven't rec'd mine yet either. Shake Head

Posts: 46 | Location: OKC OK | Registered: November 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Frown Nor' have I. Confused

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
I saw copied over the weekend at CECE, but have yet to get my copy. I could always open the exclusive Katie Cook covered variant, but I think I can hold off a few more days.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Not yet. Frown

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
Haven't received mine either. Frown

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Got the Chicago varient today, good enough for me!! Big Grin

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Received my Con issue today, really great. Just wondering why there is an ad for subscriptions for the Jun/Jul '09 issue and Aug/Sep '09 issues?? (In the Oct/Nov issue). Somebody made a Boo Boo ( and it was not Yogi). Big Grin

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flag City Collectibles:
Have any US subscribers received their copies yet? I still have not seen mine.

You are not alone. Wink

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post