Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Feb/March 2017 Issue in US
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted
Have any US subscribers been mailed the new Feb/March NSU yet? Last I looked it was February already and the UK members have it now.

I never know if it's missing or not. Every issue seems to come on a different schedule. Big Grin

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aeolus14ummbra
posted Hide Post
I received mine yesterday (Dallas, TX)

Posts: 285 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I receive my copy sometime last week.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen it at Barnes & Noble either - last checked on Thursday.

As a side note, it's weird that it arrives in the UK before anywhere in the US. I also don't understand why it takes more than a week to get to California after arriving in Mississippi.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
My local hobby store has the new issue in too. Still have not received mine.

I would like to know what the bi-monthly distribution is supposed to be for NSU subscribers. Do commercial customers go first? Does Europe go before the US? Do certain states in the US get theirs before others?

Judging by posters here, I have noticed that it seems to change from issue to issue. My own copy has come early and come late and once went missing and had to be replaced. I don't know if the problem lies with the publisher or the Post Office, but if I can't get my issue on time I might as well not subscribe and pick it up at the store. Roll Eyes

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Received my issue today, must be mailing from West to East. Wink

Long as I get it eventually, all is good. Smile

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Heroes For Hire
posted Hide Post
Just happened to go to Barnes & Noble this weekend and noticed this issue in the stand.

Posts: 683 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I forgot to get back to this thread (though I'd remember at odd times like when I was driving). It was great to see the Promo Card Column come back. After Bill passed away, I didn't think it would as NSU continues under new management. It's that weird bittersweetness of a favorite detective series jumpstarting with a new writer after the original and longtime author dies. It only works when the new guy somehow walks the tightrope of honoring the past while also doing his own thing.

I didn't know the name, Chick Veditz, but it was nice that the person carrying the torch forward knew and respected Bill. And it was fitting that his first column would be about the history of Philly Show promos, both a connection to Bill and something Veditz obviously knows well. In writing always go with what you know.

I thought it was a good first column for Veditz and look forward to the next issue.

Jess

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jess. Harry "Chick" Veditz is a long time collector and known to many who attend the Philly Non-Sports Card Show as he is a dealer there and has been for quite some time. In fact, Bill used to make purchases from Chick so there's that.

The promo column will not run every issue but should be in every other issue. Chick has a column in the new Jun/Jul issue.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Thanks Jess. Harry "Chick" Veditz is a long time collector and known to many who attend the Philly Non-Sports Card Show as he is a dealer there and has been for quite some time. In fact, Bill used to make purchases from Chick so there's that.

The promo column will not run every issue but should be in every other issue. Chick has a column in the new Jun/Jul issue.

Harris,
I haven't seen the promo column in quite some time. Has management decided to permanently omit it from the magazine? If it's in the current issue, I apologize but I haven't received my copy yet.

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by promoking:
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:

Harris,
I haven't seen the promo column in quite some time. Has management decided to permanently omit it from the magazine? If it's in the current issue, I apologize but I haven't received my copy yet.

Hi promoking:

It has not run in a couple of years. Who knows...maybe it will come back at some point.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post