Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Non-Sport Update Magazine Discussion    Chicagoland Star Wars Variant Cover sales at show
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chicagoland Star Wars Variant Cover sales at show
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'd rather see the average of current known sales, which -- from what I'm looking at --right now -- seems to be $230.

If the price changes in future months that should be reflected as well.

I'm not convinced that the price will drop much to be honest. . . I'm surprised it's so high, but on the other hand there aren't that many people who are selling these. Most appear to have landed in the hands of people who are hanging on to them.

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I figured this would roughly be a $200 card.

I am soooooooooooooo mad I missed out on the pre-orders!! Mad

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:

Should have gone to the show! It was a great show, and the card would have probably paid for your airfare!

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
If the last 5 sales average out at $150, then that's the current market and that's what the guide should be based on, as that is what the card is currently selling for. To include a small number of early sales where people are spending with their heart and not their head does not help people who are relying on the guide for current pricing/sales.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:

Should have gone to the show! It was a great show, and the card would have probably paid for your airfare!

Jon

Oh believe me, I had every intention to... I was going to be a guest! But then we got pregnant, and my daughter was actually born that Saturday. Smile So I'm glad I didn't attend, but I wish I wouldn't have missed the pre-orders.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
Got Mine!!! It was 291/300 It's from a old Ewok because the fur is grayish in color and sheading. Wonder why their are so many different colors? Seem like they could have all gotten all of it from one Ewok hide.

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Anyone from the U.K. received their card/mag yet?

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LUZNDAVE
posted Hide Post
I think its too early too tell whats a good price. Being Star Wars and the 1st costume card, I expect the price to drop with the current small flood but then go up as they all disapear into collections.

Posts: 348 | Location: La Palma, CA | Registered: January 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of john the hat
posted Hide Post
treksearcher
we got ours today 120/300

Posts: 1115 | Location: England | Registered: March 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I don't think they have landed in Australia yet, as I haven't received mine.

Hopefully it will take less than a fortnight. Can't wait to see it in person.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Hopefully BOTH editions will arrive soon

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
And they have both arrived at the same time Smile Ewok No. 279/300

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hammer,

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
And they have both arrived at the same time Smile Ewok No. 279/300

Received my regular copy today but no sign of the Show Special Frown

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same thing with me...regular magazine arrived but no variant...thought they would come together... Confused

Posts: 138 | Location: England | Registered: August 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'd rather see the card listed for the $150.00 average. The $230.00 - $250.00 price is based upon the initial emotional surge. The $150.00 price seems more rational.

I need to purchase one at around $150 :-(
Wish I could see the ad on NSU - the day they release it...

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
If the last 5 sales average out at $150, then that's the current market and that's what the guide should be based on, as that is what the card is currently selling for. To include a small number of early sales where people are spending with their heart and not their head does not help people who are relying on the guide for current pricing/sales.

The average of the last 5 sales is $220 -- at least the ones that come up in my searches.

Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Then I would agree that is what the card should be listed for. The $150 was an example. Smile

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ahh. . . gotcha. . .

The prices are surprising. . .

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Mine arrived yesterday along with the standard issue. Card 207/300. Only problem was that i damaged the COA when opening the envelope. Tore a strip of the right hand side. Still the card is great and undamaged which is the main thing

Posts: 8 | Location: work | Registered: June 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I totally missed my COA, threw the envelope in bin then looked on e-bay saw a couple with the COA and got mine back out of bin Roll Eyes