Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Chicagoland Star Wars Variant Cover sales at show

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/656602453/m/128108225

September 22, 2010, 10:10 AM
webjon
Chicagoland Star Wars Variant Cover sales at show
I'd rather see the average of current known sales, which -- from what I'm looking at --right now -- seems to be $230.

If the price changes in future months that should be reflected as well.

I'm not convinced that the price will drop much to be honest. . . I'm surprised it's so high, but on the other hand there aren't that many people who are selling these. Most appear to have landed in the hands of people who are hanging on to them.

Jon
September 22, 2010, 10:42 AM
Ted Dastick Jr.
I figured this would roughly be a $200 card.

I am soooooooooooooo mad I missed out on the pre-orders!! Mad
September 22, 2010, 10:49 AM
webjon
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:

Should have gone to the show! It was a great show, and the card would have probably paid for your airfare!

Jon
September 22, 2010, 10:52 AM
Batman
If the last 5 sales average out at $150, then that's the current market and that's what the guide should be based on, as that is what the card is currently selling for. To include a small number of early sales where people are spending with their heart and not their head does not help people who are relying on the guide for current pricing/sales.

September 22, 2010, 12:49 PM
Ted Dastick Jr.
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:

Should have gone to the show! It was a great show, and the card would have probably paid for your airfare!

Jon

Oh believe me, I had every intention to... I was going to be a guest! But then we got pregnant, and my daughter was actually born that Saturday. Smile So I'm glad I didn't attend, but I wish I wouldn't have missed the pre-orders.
September 22, 2010, 01:29 PM
John Oder
Got Mine!!! It was 291/300 It's from a old Ewok because the fur is grayish in color and sheading. Wonder why their are so many different colors? Seem like they could have all gotten all of it from one Ewok hide.
September 22, 2010, 02:05 PM
treksearcher
Anyone from the U.K. received their card/mag yet?
September 22, 2010, 02:28 PM
LUZNDAVE
I think its too early too tell whats a good price. Being Star Wars and the 1st costume card, I expect the price to drop with the current small flood but then go up as they all disapear into collections.
September 22, 2010, 05:00 PM
john the hat
treksearcher
we got ours today 120/300

September 22, 2010, 07:44 PM
Juelle Lou
I don't think they have landed in Australia yet, as I haven't received mine.

Hopefully it will take less than a fortnight. Can't wait to see it in person.
September 23, 2010, 02:58 AM
hammer
Hopefully BOTH editions will arrive soon
September 23, 2010, 06:37 AM
hammer
And they have both arrived at the same time Smile Ewok No. 279/300

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hammer,
September 23, 2010, 10:57 AM
treksearcher
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
And they have both arrived at the same time Smile Ewok No. 279/300

Received my regular copy today but no sign of the Show Special Frown
September 23, 2010, 01:59 PM
AUST
Same thing with me...regular magazine arrived but no variant...thought they would come together... Confused
September 23, 2010, 02:55 PM
archifou
quote:
I'd rather see the card listed for the $150.00 average. The $230.00 - $250.00 price is based upon the initial emotional surge. The $150.00 price seems more rational.

I need to purchase one at around $150 :-(
Wish I could see the ad on NSU - the day they release it...
September 23, 2010, 04:19 PM
webjon
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
If the last 5 sales average out at $150, then that's the current market and that's what the guide should be based on, as that is what the card is currently selling for. To include a small number of early sales where people are spending with their heart and not their head does not help people who are relying on the guide for current pricing/sales.

The average of the last 5 sales is $220 -- at least the ones that come up in my searches.
September 23, 2010, 06:11 PM
Batman
Then I would agree that is what the card should be listed for. The $150 was an example. Smile

September 23, 2010, 08:32 PM
webjon
Ahh. . . gotcha. . .

The prices are surprising. . .
September 24, 2010, 02:42 AM
anthony harrison
Mine arrived yesterday along with the standard issue. Card 207/300. Only problem was that i damaged the COA when opening the envelope. Tore a strip of the right hand side. Still the card is great and undamaged which is the main thing
September 24, 2010, 05:24 AM
hammer
I totally missed my COA, threw the envelope in bin then looked on e-bay saw a couple with the COA and got mine back out of bin Roll Eyes