Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Chicagoland Star Wars Variant Cover sales at show

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/656602453/m/128108225

September 15, 2010, 03:34 AM
mintoncard
Chicagoland Star Wars Variant Cover sales at show
Oh, and one more thing... if you plan on listing this card on an auction site for $300+, please have a clue at to WHAT Star Wars film the Ewoks were in.

If you don't know, you shouldn't be allowed to even have the card in the first place.
September 15, 2010, 08:22 AM
webjon
Maybe that's why the card is so expensive -- the rarely seen Empire Strikes Back Ewok!!

The funny thing is that the cards came with a COA that says ROTJ right on it. . .

Jon
September 15, 2010, 08:29 AM
DavidDeb
Smile
it's rumored there was a dead Ewok in the Wampa cave...only the fur was left!

September 15, 2010, 10:27 AM
wolfie
I'm banning all further discussion of this issue and it's card as i don't have one. Big Grin

September 15, 2010, 11:52 AM
nick9819
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
I'm banning all further discussion of this issue and it's card as i don't have one. Big Grin

i second that motion passed
September 15, 2010, 11:59 AM
Nicnac
I third that.

Let us outsiders unite and proclaim SOUR GRAPES!
September 15, 2010, 01:20 PM
mintoncard
Sorry to bring up a sore subject. Alas, I don't have one either. But have no fear! This afternoon I'll be shaving my cat and making my own custom EWOK cards. How do like that!

I'll just say, "Those are "authentic" dead fleas in the fur. They came right off of Lucas' beard! I swear!". No one will ever know. :P
September 16, 2010, 09:54 AM
Flag City Collectibles
Harris,

Just checking to see if any copies of the variant issue made it back to your store alive? I did not end up making it because of more medical issues with my daughter Shake Head. I missed out ordering one online prior and did not make. Just wishful thinking Smile but if there is a copy left I would absolutely love to purchase one!

Kind Regards,

John

September 16, 2010, 05:56 PM
Batman
I think Harris posted on Facebook that they were sold out during the show.

September 17, 2010, 12:53 PM
Mister E.
mintoncard, Don't shave your cat.........Let's shave Wolfie and (as he needs a haircut) save ol' wolfies hairballs (or is that he is shedding), we can use these instead. Elephant Elephant Oh no....... Now I'm seeing pink elephants. and I don't drink booze !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Roll Eyes Eek Big Grin

September 19, 2010, 03:55 AM
Miss Lizzy
Got my variant issue and my Ewok fur today! Dance

September 20, 2010, 10:46 PM
Batman
Ewoks in the house, yes! Big Grin Smile Drool Clap # 201 of 300!

September 20, 2010, 10:54 PM
spidergoblin
congrats you guys Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper
September 21, 2010, 02:55 AM
Batjay
Received my Ewok fur. The card is really awesome. Numbered 19 of 300. I love it.

September 21, 2010, 09:44 AM
RedFive
My Ewok fur arrived the other day! #142/300. I love it!
September 21, 2010, 05:55 PM
Graham
My Ewok fur will need a shave by the time I get it Razz
September 21, 2010, 09:32 PM
william291077
Howdy,

I really wish I had ordered a copy of this but I was new to the game.

Won't be caught out next time round.

TTFN

September 22, 2010, 06:18 AM
john the hat
crow ewok got her ewok card this morning whoop Big Grin

September 22, 2010, 09:06 AM
Bill DeFranzo
quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:

Well, the card sold for $300.00. Others have sold for anywhere from approximately $160.00 to $375.00. Man, that does certainly tempt me....

It's more than just a little tempting. I wonder if the card will have any depth, i.e. at what price will it sell after the current batch of open auctions end? I have an NSU pricing question for you. Let's assume that the open auctions sell at an average of $150.00 and let's also assume that it is time for the latest prices to be submitted to NSU for the next issue. Would you rather see the $150 average calculated on the last 8 or sales or would you rather see an average of around $230.00 - $250.00 by our factoring in the prices paid by early adaptors? I know what I would prefer. I think that I know what the sellers would prefer but how about the collector looking to buy one at a fair price?

AKA: Promo Czar (self-appointed)
September 22, 2010, 09:34 AM
wolfie
I thought i had banned all talk of this card. Mad

To think that NSU did not ensure that a wolf of my standing and eminant position did not get one of these is one of the biggest disgraces in the history of non-sports collecting. Big Grin