Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Chicagoland Star Wars Variant Cover sales at show

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/656602453/m/128108225

September 06, 2010, 05:56 PM
H_Toser
Chicagoland Star Wars Variant Cover sales at show
Hello:

Below is the cover of the Star Wars variant that will be on sale at this coming weekend's Chicagoland Entertainment Collectors Expo. The original artwork is by Mark McHaley and was done specifically for our cover. Mark told me this was his most complex Star Wars piece yet! Inside each copy is the very first Topps Star Wars costume card featuring Ework for supplies by Prop Store (propstore.com). The cards came out super....wait until you see them. Big Grin

We wanted to let everyone know our sales policies for this issue at the show. The issue is limited to just 300 copies and the copies that were available for sale by mail went really fast so we expect these to sell briskly at the show as well. We would like as many people to be able to purchase a copy as possible and so because of that, we will have a few rules in effect:

- Sales limited to one copy per customer (for the entirety of the show)

- Copies will be available for sale at the Non-Sport Update tables on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. There will be no sales on Thursday. We've allocated copies for each day so that we'll have them available all three days.

- Those who purchased copies previously via the NSU website (either for pick-up at the show or mail) may not purchase another copy at the Chicagoland show. Sorry.

- Please present driver’s license or other valid form of ID when purchasing copy (or picking up previously purchased copy)

Copies will be on sale Friay at 4:00 PM. I am not certain what time we'll sell copies on Saturday and Sunday but it will most likely be between 10 AM and 11 AM.

Again, we are doing this to try and keep things fair and so that as many people as possible may purchase copies. There may be additional rules or changes so be sure to see us at the show and be sure to see us for the Saturday and Sunday on-sale times too. Thank you for your understanding.

We hope to see lots of NSU Card Talk members at the show!!

September 06, 2010, 06:25 PM
Graham
Hi Harris. When are the postage issues being sent?
September 06, 2010, 06:49 PM
Don Norton
Glad these rules were set up - that way the most possible collectors can get a copy.
Mark did a great job on the cover - it looks much different from the sepia mock-ups we had seen.

The card itself is still a mystery as to what it looks like, and that's good! Bet it's beautiful!
September 06, 2010, 08:02 PM
Batman
Best Cover Ever!!! Smile Big Grin Thumb Up Clap

September 06, 2010, 08:12 PM
PAULM
Magnificent!
September 07, 2010, 02:44 AM
TDSA
Harris,

Thank you for the pic of the cover. It looks great and love the artwork of Mark McHaley. Now I can't wait to see what the Ewok Costume card looks like. Since I was not able to go to the show I kind of hesitated about ordering a copy. Now I am glad I did order a copy for my collection.

TDSA
September 07, 2010, 08:42 AM
Ted Dastick Jr.
Wowee! Talk about rubbing it in to those who can't make it out to Chicago!! Wink
September 07, 2010, 09:37 AM
Bill DeFranzo
I'm glad that I reserved my 5 copies of this issue before these rules were put into place.

NO, NOT REALLY. Wink

Like everyone else, I, and I assume all other NSU-affiliated personnel, had to pre-order like everyone else and pay the same price as everyone else. Harris, really is trying to make this as fair as possible but no matter what, you can't please everyone when supplies are limited. This issue is definitly going to be hot and if there were 5x the number of copies, it would probably still sell out. I wish everyone who did not pre-order, the best of luck next weekend and to all Chicagoland attendees, happy hunting.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bill DeFranzo,

AKA: Promo Czar (self-appointed)
September 07, 2010, 09:46 AM
H_Toser
Thanks a lot everyone. I appreciate it.

By the way, Mark has a larger version of the cover art (without logo and type) posted here:

deviantART

Graham....The copies going via mail should start shipping next week after the show.
September 07, 2010, 12:42 PM
wolfie
Is there anyone going to the show that can get me a copy of this without breaking any rules.?

Thanks. Wavey

September 07, 2010, 01:12 PM
hippiejewel
I'll only be there Thursday night. Otherwise I would.....Sorry.

Jewel Big Grin

September 07, 2010, 01:44 PM
wolfie
Thanks for the thought Jewel. Wavey

September 07, 2010, 07:18 PM
spidergoblin
shiny

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper
September 08, 2010, 06:35 AM
hammer
Glad I ordered one Thumb Up
September 14, 2010, 02:28 AM
TDSA
Any news about when the copies will be shipped to those who ordered?
TDSA
September 14, 2010, 06:08 AM
hammer
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
The copies going via mail should start shipping next week after the show.

September 14, 2010, 09:39 AM
nick9819
i have no idea how i missed this Frown
September 14, 2010, 02:14 PM
Don Norton
Today i stopped by my local shop, wanted to get a nice magnetic holder for my card.It takes an Untra Pro 180 pt.holder for this one, this is one thick card.
September 14, 2010, 04:35 PM
BILLZEE
quote:
Today i stopped by my local shop, wanted to get a nice magnetic holder for my card.It takes an Untra Pro 180 pt.holder for this one, this is one thick card.

Don, thats a good idea... Thanks for the tip!
September 14, 2010, 04:40 PM
mintoncard
quote:
Originally posted by nick9819:
i have no idea how i missed this Frown

I second that motion. Frown