Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Batman Promos in New NSU ?
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
I see on the Beckett website that the new NSU has 6 different Classic Batman TV show promos, 1 per issue I guess.

Is the new NSU out ? How come I have not seen these promos anywhere ?

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Tommy, these are reprints of a 1966 Batman set with art by Norm Saunders. While some are being distributed as promos, to me, they are actually a set by themselves, they do not promote any card set on the back. Some have already appeared as subsets in Cryptozoic DC sets, others have yet to be distributed. When all have come out, there will be a set of 44 Foil Batman cards. There are more details in my recent article about The Justice League in the April-May issue.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Don.

Yes, there were 9 of the Batman cards in the 2015 DC Super Villains set, 1 per box, plus promos P2 and P3 as well

I will have to pull out my NSU to see what else there was !

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So I'm going to stick my neck out and just say it.

Where did you see anything about promos in the new NSU? I see the section and it just has a cover shot.

I have been looking at the Beckett website since shortly after the acquisition and I am lost. I recently found some nice articles by Ryan Cracknell and posted some replies, but I had to bookmark it to figure out how to get back to that section.

Beckett should post relevant non-sport info over here where it can be easily found by NSU subscribers. And I am done. Big Grin

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If you go to the NSU homepage under the last issue (Justice League) it says

Doctor Who Timeless! We're excited for our very first Doctor Who cover. Read about Topps new series inside. Plus Captain America Civil War, Game of Thrones Season 5, and Arrested Development. Plus each issue will contain one of six randomly-inserted promo cards with images from the classic 60s Batman card series presented in the 'Cryptomium' format from Cryptozoic Entertainment and a Game of Thrones Series 5 promo card from Rittenhouse Archives.

Plus there is a picture of the Dr. Who cover on the Beckett website AND some of these promos are already on the auction sites

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think the new NSU also had a Ghostbusters C9 card which is a continuation of the C1 to C7 chase

C8 was in a board game

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Thanks I see it now. I also noticed that when you clink on some of the links on the NSU Home Page, you are being directed to pages on the Beckett web site.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

Beckett should post relevant non-sport info over here where it can be easily found by NSU subscribers. And I am done. Big Grin

I've been posting links to articles regularly. All the news and posts go to http://beckett.com/news (which covers everything including sports but I try to only have short snippets so you can scroll fast past the stuff that doesn't interest and delve into what does).

Twitter and Facebook are also great tools for getting information.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Our webpage is in process of being updated.

Just so everyone knows, the new issue has Batman Classic TV Series DC7-P1 through DC7-P6 randomly inserted inside (one card per copy) plus two other promos: Game of Thrones Season 5 and Ghostbusters.

Also, there are two different covers -- Ghostbusters and Doctor Who. Other then the covers, they are identical inside -- same features/departments and same promo cards. The two covers are really cool, if I say so myself.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
The 2 front covers are indeed cool as I purchased them both at the Philly Show. Magazine had a different feel to it (different paper) but other wise same Mag.

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Are these the same cards you can get when you buy the Batman TV show limited edition Blu-Ray set? You get 44 cards as a set in that but I wonder if they are the same (different numbering or with/without foil?).

quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:
Tommy, these are reprints of a 1966 Batman set with art by Norm Saunders. While some are being distributed as promos, to me, they are actually a set by themselves, they do not promote any card set on the back. Some have already appeared as subsets in Cryptozoic DC sets, others have yet to be distributed. When all have come out, there will be a set of 44 Foil Batman cards. There are more details in my recent article about The Justice League in the April-May issue.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
They are not the same as only the Cryptozoic cards are foil and I think the DVD was only black bat cards

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I am looking for the Batman P2 and P5

Have seen P5, but no P2 anywhere

Can anyone help ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan Cracknell:
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

I've been posting links to articles regularly. All the news and posts go to http://beckett.com/news (which covers everything including sports but I try to only have short snippets so you can scroll fast past the stuff that doesn't interest and delve into what does).

Twitter and Facebook are also great tools for getting information.

Ryan, I've been meaning to respond to this, but I keep forgetting. Batman promos is not the thread, but we don't really have one yet for a discussion on Beckett and here's where the post came up regarding your article links.

I have been looking at the Beckett website since NSU was bought. I signed up and even bought the annual non-sport price guide.

There is much I could say, but not now because Card Talk seems to be running fine so far. I will say in response to your post that your non-sport articles are being lost among the sports card articles over there and I don't think enough members over here are reading them.

The Beckett site was designed for sports card buyers and has no meaningful separation yet for non-sport card collectors.

There is just one forum section and I can actually count the number of responses left on non-sport topics since 2014, I mean it is that low in participation. Your own articles on non-sport, which have increased lately, are lumped into the news section and require that all article headlines be scrolled down to find them, once they are not the latest one. It has taken me awhile to figure out how to even navigate the site since there are so many options going on for other services.

I am not knocking any of that. All I'm saying is that the Beckett site is what it is, but if you want to reach the audience that actually collects and buys non-sport cards, they are not there. They are right here. Smile