Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HARRIS TOSER!
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Silverback
posted
Please tell your mother Roxanne that I read all the articles first. Then I look at the Price Guide and the pretty pictures and the advertising. I'm sure I'm not the only one! Thumb Up

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I don't read the articles or the price guide and i hate the pretty pictures and the advertising.
In fact i don't even open the plastic bag, i just leave it on the doorstep. Razz

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
i just leave it on the doorstep. Razz

I thought that was what they did to you!

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
quote:
In fact i don't even open the plastic bag, i just leave it on the doorstep. Razz

How many times do we have to tell you to skin your food before you eat it? If you would learn that, you wouldn't wind up on your doorstep every month. Big Grin

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Huh? I'm confused. What is this about?

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
Don't you read your NSU, Harris? Eek Your mother "Roxanne" writes an article called NON-SPORT NOTES. In her article she wondered if eveyone just bought it for the Price Guide and didn't read the articles. I didn't know how often she reads the Card Talk Forum. So read my first post. Wave

Smokin'

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Silverback:
Don't you read your NSU, Harris?

LOL!!!

For what it's worth I generally read mine cover-to-cover, except for the price guide. Strangely enough that's the part of the magazine I'm generally least interested in (unless I've got something that needs pricing).

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheUberBob:

For what it's worth I generally read mine cover-to-cover, except for the price guide. Strangely enough that's the part of the magazine I'm generally least interested in (unless I've got something that needs pricing).

-Bob-

Same as you Bob - The price guide for me is a good check on the promo's for a set

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I agree, I rarely look at the price guide, the information in the articles is much more important to me.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Silverback:
Don't you read your NSU, Harris? Eek Your mother "Roxanne" writes an article called NON-SPORT NOTES. In her article she wondered if eveyone just bought it for the Price Guide and didn't read the articles. I didn't know how often she reads the Card Talk Forum. So read my first post. Wave

Smokin'

Silverback~

No, I wasn't asking what this thread was about, I was asking what this magazine is about. I've never heard of it.

Seriously, thanks for the clarification. I'll point this thread out to her.

Please keep the comments coming (good or bad). Its helpful. Alan Biegel, our illustrious Editor-in-Chief, just recently mentioned this at the Card Talk breakfast in Allentown.

Oh, and as for why I am at a loss -- Yeah, I read it but that was like 2 months ago -- Who remembers back that far. Razz

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I also read each magazine all the way through. I usually just check the price guide for new stuff, or if I'm looking into buying an older box of something. I don't check it on a regular basis.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
Who are you people, and what are you talking about?

Isn't Non-Sport Update the rest of the news without the football results, or that newspaper that has the last 5 pages blank ?

I've come on here to talk about sandwiches - this is the forum for the National Sandwich Union isn't it!

Big Grin

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
I read it cover to cover but sometimes skip any articles for sets I'm not really interested in.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of raider5gt
posted Hide Post
I thought this was the Peruvian Earthworm forum?Habbitat and Mating Rituals Big Grin Eek

I read all the articles,even have a flick through my old NSU's to jog the (what was i saying LOL) memory on certain sets and articles,i use the price guide for checking what promo's and how many chase cards go with certain sets.

Posts: 437 | Location: Gloucester UK | Registered: July 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Editor-in-Chief
Picture of A_Biegel
posted Hide Post
Seems to me that if you weren't reading the articles and columns you wouldn't know what Roxanne said in Notes in the first place! Wink

~Alan

Posts: 189 | Location: Bayonne, NJ USA | Registered: December 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Who's Roxanne?

What notes?

Where am i?

Why am i asking you?

HELP!!!!!!!! Eek

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Who's Roxanne?

What notes?

Where am i?

Why am i asking you?

HELP!!!!!!!! Eek

Your name is Truman.

Your whole life is a televised soap opera and we're just actors payed to be your friends and associates.

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:
quote:
Who's Roxanne?

What notes?

Where am i?

Why am i asking you?

HELP!!!!!!!! Eek

Your name is Truman.

Your whole life is a televised soap opera and we're just actors payed to be your friends and associates.

Your getting paid? Big Grin

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AJJ:
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:
quote:
Who's Roxanne?

What notes?

Where am i?

Why am i asking you?

HELP!!!!!!!! Eek

Your name is Truman.

Your getting paid? Big Grin

I asked for a raise... I can't be expected to work under these conditions for less.

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
same as TheUberBob over here.

o.k. i admit it, i started getting NSU only for the cards, but that only lasted an issue or two since then it's cover to cover every other month......well except this issue when i had to take a razor blade to it just to open up the pages, hadn't been cut correctly, but then it was cover to cover Big Grin

"No Amount of therapy will ever make this moment ok."

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post