Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

June/July Issue IN Europe
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hyperion:

And we DO have a lot of sheep Big Grin

But they are not those lovely Welsh Sheep Big Grin

Posts: 12157 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
well no Magazine for me today Frown

Posts: 12157 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
No magazine but I did get some commissions I was waiting for. So not a totally bad day. Big Grin

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Nothing here.

Posts: 29001 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Oh man, what is it about the U.K.??? Why do the copies always seem so slow to get there?

So doggone frustrating to log in each morning and see you magazine-less folk. Frown Frown

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I picked up my Indiana Jones cover issue on Saturday so the Diamond distributed issues are in the country.

Posts: 3251 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steshell
posted Hide Post
Postman's just been and...........................still no NSU Frown

Posts: 234 | Location: Telford, Shropshire, United Kingdom | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Just bills for me today.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
NSU ... Where are you ?!

Confused

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of batmancity
posted Hide Post
What's wrong with the UK post office as a whole ? I had my NSU issue for more than 2 weeks now and I'm based in Paris, France. That is really strange... Confused

Posts: 597 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
I seem to have quite a few items still outstanding from ebay buys etc, as wll as my NSU. I don't know whether others have the same problem, I would be interested to find out!!

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by batmancity:
What's wrong with the UK post office as a whole ? I had my NSU issue for more than 2 weeks now and I'm based in Paris, France. That is really strange... Confused

Perhaps its the distribution method of NSU. I'm not sure exactly how it works perhaps Harris could explain (again probably). I assume they are sent to a distribution depot as a lot in the U.K. then sent out individually by someone in the U.K. (or is it somewhere else in Europe?). If this is the case perhaps the European arm of the distribution service has something against the U.K. and does not send them out straight away but makes us last on the list.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
quote:
Originally posted by batmancity:

Perhaps its the distribution method of NSU. I'm not sure exactly how it works perhaps Harris could explain (again probably). I assume they are sent to a distribution depot as a lot in the U.K. then sent out individually by someone in the U.K. (or is it somewhere else in Europe?). If this is the case perhaps the European arm of the distribution service has something against the U.K. and does not send them out straight away but makes us last on the list.

I'm not sure I have the whole story. I know that copies are shipped overseas along with the distribution list (i.e. mailing labels of subscribers) and other supplies that the overseas shipper might need. The re-shipper then forwards the copies to subscribers.

The printer has attempted to explain to me why they originate from different places from issue to issue and therefore include postmarks from different countries but it's never full registered (yes, I am sometimes pretty thick. Roll Eyes).

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steve j:
I seem to have quite a few items still outstanding from ebay buys etc, as wll as my NSU. I don't know whether others have the same problem, I would be interested to find out!!

Me too.

There's a box of Iron Man out there somewhere, posted on 5th May, as well as a few promos posted 2 weeks ago.

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of batmancity
posted Hide Post
now that I think about i I noticed that my package came from the netherlands

Posts: 597 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
No NSU for me today either Shake Head

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Oh man, what is it about the U.K.??? Why do the copies always seem so slow to get there?

Only the subscription copies seem to have a problem. Diamonds copies are in the shops and have been for a week so they were not slow to get to the UK. Very Strange.

Posts: 29001 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
Diamond copies are not sent by the Post Office. It is Diamond US that send them to Diamond Uk via their own carrier. It doesn't explain why your Post Office copies are not here but it does explain why shops got theirs.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Szym,

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Nothing through my letter box today Frown

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
Nothing in Wales either Frown

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post