Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

June/July Issue hits the stands!
 Login/Join

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted
The June/July Issue, with Umbrella Academy on cover, is now out. 3 promos and lots of good reading.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:
The June/July Issue, with Umbrella Academy on cover, is now out. 3 promos and lots of good reading.

Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
My issue arrived yesterday.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AWR
posted Hide Post
My issue arrived yesterday as well

Posts: 382 | Location: Califon, NJ | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
By the way, and in case anyone is wondering about the Drive-In Double Feature cards from RJF Image/Design that are in the current issue...There are 10 different cards in the issue. We received the following card numbers:

1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 9, 10, 12, 13.

I believe the manufacturer wanted to show off original art, which is why we received these particular numbers. The other three promos show old promo poster art.

Thanks.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AWR:
My issue arrived yesterday as well

Did you get my email?

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm going to buy the next issue in part to find out what "Umbrella Academy" is.

Posts: 4376 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
I'm going to buy the next issue in part to find out what "Umbrella Academy" is.

I would call it Dark Horses' version of the X-Men crossed with The Watchmen. Everybody's got a different set of powers. I got lost trying to follow the recap Big Grin, but it was the third most popular series on Netflix in 2019 for what that's worth.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Mine arrived today

posted Hide Post
Does anyone know when online subscribers get their issue?

Posts: 10 | Location: ireland | Registered: April 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by harry lime:
Does anyone know when online subscribers get their issue?

Harry Lime, the Third Man. Big Grin Welcome to Card Talk.

It's bi-monthly, but there is no specific date for any given locale. It can also vary depending on your Post Office delivery. Most times subscribers seem to get NSU before it hits the retail stores, but an individual subscriber might be late.

I have had swings of a couple of weeks myself. Right now this thread was started on May 26th with a delivery, but I have not yet received my June/July issue in the mail and its more than a week later. I would expect it any day now, but I don't know exactly when. Sometimes I'm one of the first to get it and sometimes I'm one of the last. If you are a brand new subscriber it may take an issue or two to spot the pattern, but just check in here to see when others receive it and go on from there.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Hello! Thanks Smile I'm talking about the online iPad edition...shouldn't it be immediate?

Posts: 10 | Location: ireland | Registered: April 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Oh so sorry, that's what I get for assuming without reading that whole one line. Big Grin

No idea regarding the digital version. I would think it to be just a mass download around the same time as the print goes out, but if you are just setting it up, there could be a lag until your account is established. Perhaps someone else here knows more about it.

posted Hide Post
I subscribed about a month ago, I got May/June no bother...I presumed as the new issue hit the stands it would appear in my downloads...

posted Hide Post
I also contacted the magazine through their website...no reply Frown

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by harry lime:
I also contacted the magazine through their website...no reply Frown

They are busy copying the magazine online - takes a long time to type it all up LOL

posted Hide Post
Lol!

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Right now many companies have closed their call centers or are running with reduced staff, so customer service may take longer or just be down. Last time I called customer service for a lost issue I don't think I was talking to someone in the US, but it was free. I believe I've heard that the call is not free for international subscribers, but that may have changed.

Anyway the good part for you is that you aren't chasing a print issue. You can easily prove that you didn't access any download by their own records. So once you do reach somebody they should be able to send it to you or tell you where to go if you have to retrieve the link. Beckett people do read these threads sometimes, so maybe someone will reach out to you. Lots of luck and do keep us informed.

posted Hide Post
Ok Cool thanks. I was just wondering should I have got it or not...we'll see ..

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I received my copy today along with a renewal subscription form in a separate envelope.

After a new password request I managed to renew on-line or so I thought only then to have my bank decline payment under these new EU electronic banking rules, whilst I was still reading the screen to determine what to do next my landline phone was ringing, it was my bank making sure it was me making the transaction (it was an automated call) needless to say I was able to confirm it was and shortly after I was then able to complete my renewal. Hopefully I will receive the August/September issue when I should.

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post