Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Artist Advertising Forum    NIK's PIX: Hobbit Battle of the 5 Armies, Thunderbirds, Space 1999
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NIK's PIX: Hobbit Battle of the 5 Armies, Thunderbirds, Space 1999
 Login/Join 
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Man those Vampirella cards are hot Smile Smile Smile
Great work Nik Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Thanks Kadranoo157! I should have a few more Vampi's to show soon.
Just a bit of news...
I need to take a break from published sets for a while, just to catch up on a ton of commissions that are waiting to be done. I've been doing this for almost 5 years now with thousands of cards done. The Vampirella and Bettie Page sets will probably be my last for the foreseeable future. It's been a great thrill to work on set's like Factory Ents 1960s The Prisoner, my all time favorite show. Rittenhouse's 70 Years of Marvel set, what a thrill to be told you can draw anything from the history of Marvel Comics. I've been buying, selling, swapping, trading Marvels (and DCs) since the 1960s (collections bought, good prices paid, geez!) I've worked on Star Wars, Doctor Who and Lord of the Rings, it doesn't get any bigger than those. I'm indebted to the companies that let me work on their card sets, I hope I served well by producing the best I could. It's actually come to the point where it takes me at least one whole day to do each card, even on pack inserted cards. So I just need to take a break for a year or so and concentrate on my commissions list and other stuff. Having said all that, a set could be announced that would be hard to resist and I could be pulled back in if I could do just a few cards. I'd love to do some Batman cards! Frankenstein and the Universal monsters! Doctor Who, Tennant or Matt Smith! Or if a big company wanted base card paintings from me, who could resist that! Anyway I'll still be around showing my latest pieces, it won't even seem like I'm gone, just taking a little rest.
Anyhoo... here's one of my large size Bettie Page AP's. I have 4 of these and 4 regular size Bettie Page sketches available. I can't show them or sell them yet, but I can save them for interested parties.

Hobbit Battle of the 5 Armies, Star Wars Masterwork, Marvel Premier 2014, The Hobbit an Unexpected Journey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Mars Attacks Heritage, Marvel 70th Anniv', The Prisoner, Star Wars Galaxy 4, X-Men Archives, LOTR Masterpieces II, Vampirella, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Dr Who, Marilyn Monroe and CSI sketch card artist.

Posts: 502 | Location: London UK | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Class Thumb Up

Posts: 11501 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Thanks Hammer!

Hobbit Battle of the 5 Armies, Star Wars Masterwork, Marvel Premier 2014, The Hobbit an Unexpected Journey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Mars Attacks Heritage, Marvel 70th Anniv', The Prisoner, Star Wars Galaxy 4, X-Men Archives, LOTR Masterpieces II, Vampirella, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Dr Who, Marilyn Monroe and CSI sketch card artist.

Posts: 502 | Location: London UK | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
A well deserved rest Nik. Looking at that card mate (Eek) you're certainly having an intermission on a high ! Amazing work from an amazing artist !

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the nice comments JustM!
I appreciate it.
If I had a £1 for everytime someone called me an amazing artist, I would have ... er ... £1!

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of DaveSB
posted Hide Post
Great work Nik, you are an amazing artist ... (now £2 Wink )

Posts: 2606 | Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia | Registered: January 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Lol thanks Dave!
I shall spend it wisely.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
More Vampi cards!!

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Yeah, she really dug me!

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
nik,i love this hammer sketch,can you tell me who she is and from which film ?

Posts: 1114 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Hi ChiefBrody. It's Caroline Munro but I didn't get a good likeness at all I'm afraid.
I'm not sure what movie it's from, sorry.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty certain the film was 'Dracula A.D. 1972'

Posts: 1258 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
well it's a gorgeous card,whoever it is Wink

Posts: 1114 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Thanks man! Metal

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
I just found a box of stuff I never unpacked from the London Collectormania show I did a year or two ago.
Available only from me at my web-site store-page HERE

There are 2 sets of large postcards ( 8.5" x 5.5" ), 5 cards in each set. £4.75 per set, that includes postage worldwide.

Set 1

Set 2

I also have very small quantities of POSTERS and T-SHIRTS available of these 3 images at my store page.

If you order anything I'll throw in this 8.5" x 5.5" Bride of Frankenstein postcard free

Please state if you want any of the cards or posters signed and dedicated to anyone or just sent as they are.
Thanks for looking.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
How much that in US funds ?????????? Confused Confused

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
$8.

Posts: 27465 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mister E.:
How much that in US funds ?????????? Confused Confused
I always get quick Dollar to Pound conversions on http://www.xe.com/ucc/ so I'm sure the reverse conversion should be just as straight forward. One of my more useful bookmarked sites Smile

Posts: 1258 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Next question....... How to order when paypal will not work ???

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post