Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Artist Advertising Forum    NIK's PIX: MARS ATTACKS UPRISING SKETCHES!
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NIK's PIX: MARS ATTACKS UPRISING SKETCHES!
 Login/Join 
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Hey thanks Treksearcher!

NOTE:
This item ends today in about 5 hours time if anyone's interested in it.

EBAY LINK

Front cover:

Back cover:

Mars Attacks Uprising, Hobbit Battle of the 5 Armies, Star Wars Masterwork, Marvel Premier 2014, The Hobbit an Unexpected Journey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Mars Attacks Heritage, Marvel 70th Anniv', The Prisoner, Star Wars Galaxy 4, X-Men Archives, LOTR Masterpieces II, Vampirella, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Dr Who, Marilyn Monroe and CSI sketch card artist.

Posts: 518 | Location: London UK | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
I was asked to do a few more Hammer cards by Strictly Ink, I think they're going into sketch packs or something, I'm not sure.
Had fun doing them though.

Also did a few sketch cards for Sadlittle's Femforce set coming out soon. (I had to blank out the card at top right as I mistakenly drew a character that wasn't on the approved list.)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: NIK,

Mars Attacks Uprising, Hobbit Battle of the 5 Armies, Star Wars Masterwork, Marvel Premier 2014, The Hobbit an Unexpected Journey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Mars Attacks Heritage, Marvel 70th Anniv', The Prisoner, Star Wars Galaxy 4, X-Men Archives, LOTR Masterpieces II, Vampirella, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Dr Who, Marilyn Monroe and CSI sketch card artist.

Posts: 518 | Location: London UK | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Amazing work on those Hammer sketches Nik.There are going to be some happy people receiving those Smile The Femforce ones are also excellent, though I don't know any of the characters. The two 'Scarlet Witch' cards along with the girl in black and Death stabbing the Earth shots really stand out for me. Keep up the good work.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kevin F,

Posts: 1427 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Nik has the Knack for drawing. Great Artwork. ........ Keep on drawing !!!!!!!!!!!! Metal

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mister E.,

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Thanks Kevin and Mister E, much appreciated.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
*** EDIT *** THESE 2 PAINTINGS HAVE NOW SOLD

I have these 2 base card paintings available for sale if anyone's interested.
They each measure about 8" x 11".
I'm asking $60 each plus shipping. Free shipping if you buy both.
Drop me a PM if interested.

The Banshee, from the Dreamers of Darkness cardset.

Ember, from The Essence of Fairyland cardset. A blue background was added by Sadlittle's co. for the printed card.
I was asked to leave the background blank for this purpose.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Chrisahend
posted Hide Post
That price is a steal. If I had $120 they would be gone.

Posts: 869 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: November 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree those pieces are beautiful!

Posts: 377 | Location: Ohio | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chris and Don.
No takers yet, the paintings are still available.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
**** EDIT *** THESE 2 PAINTINGS HAVE NOW SOLD ****

I have 2 more base card paintings available.
Priced at $60 each, that includes insured shipping worldwide.

Both from the recent Femforce card set produced by Sadlittle's co.

The Black Shroud
8" x 11".

The Red Devil
12" x 16"

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Chrisahend
posted Hide Post
More great work. An excellent rendition of a classic character.
Red Devil is actually the golden age character Daredevil. The character itself is in the public domain but Marvel Comics has the name Daredevil trademarked so AC Comics had to use a different name for their version. They had the same problem with The Blue Bulleteer who is actually their version of Phantom Lady.

Posts: 869 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: November 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
I have 3 or 4 of those 1940s Daredevil comics myself.

That painting is now sold! Thanks Chris.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
****** EDIT *****
THE ABOVE BLACK SHROUD AND RED DEVIL PAINTINGS AND THE 3 GROUPS OF ART LISTED BELOW HAVE NOW SOLD. ************************

I tend to have a lot of rough layout drawings left over from various projects.
Most of these are on scraps of thin layout paper.
I've grouped some together into 3 sets with a new drawing in each.
The new drawings are on Bristol Board.
The groups are all $20 each plus $5 shipping to anywhere. It's first come first served on these,
just post here or email me if you want them.
Each set contains 6 pieces. I'll also throw in a couple of other bits, promo card, Doctor Who art card etc.

Here's what you get:

*** GROUP A ***
10" x 8" Ink drawing based on a Wolverine blank variant cover painting I did previously.

8" x 6" The original pencil rough for the Wolverine image.

5" x 7" A pencilled rough and an inked rough of the Wolverine figure that went on the back of the comic cover.

8" x 6" A partially inked rough of The Black Shroud. Rejected design for the base card I did for the Femforce set.

11" x 7" Pencil rough for a Surrealist painting commission I recently completed.

10" x 8" Pencil layout for an Avengers blank variant painted comic cover I did.

All the above is Group A.

*** GROUP B ***
10" x 8" Inked drawing based on a recent variant comic cover painting I did.

6" x 4" Approved ink sketch which became the Black Shroud painting for the Femforce cardset.

5" x 7" Rejected pencil rough for the Black Shroud.

6" x 4" Pencil rough for a Marvel 70th AP card I did.

11" x 4" More versions of the X-Men and Black Shroud drawings on torn scrap paper.

9" x 7" Pencil layout for an X-Men Archives AP card I did.

All the above is Group B.

*** GROUP C ***
11" x 7" Inked drawing of Lobo based on a commission card I did.

10" x 6" The initial pencil rough for the Lobo card.

10" x 6" A later more refined sketch for the Lobo card.

11" x 8" A layout sheet with the first rough for the Mr Sinister AP card and a very rough Silver Surfer layout.

5" x 4" Pencil rough for a Breygent Golden Age sketch card of a character called The Face.

10" x 8" Inked drawing of Vampirella based on a previous larger piece I did.

All the above is Group C.

********** EDIT ****************
THE ABOVE 3 GROUPS OF ART HAVE NOW SOLD.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
I'd pose 4 pics, but you would need more drawing material................. Wide Load approaching !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the great work, maybe if I win megy-bucks, I will own a drawing. Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mister E. Smile
Um, but surely 6 pieces of art for $20 isn't mega-bucks?

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
I just want to say a big THANK YOU to Cardtalkers and Scoundrel members for purchasing all the art I've displayed above. My total income is only around $500 a month! And I have to pay towards a mortgage with that. Sketch cards and commissions are all I do and I'm grateful and honoured to be able to sell my art to happy customers. Thanks again!

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Congrats on selling your art Nik, i liked the Vampirella one. Thumb Up

Posts: 28773 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
I meant a drawing of me (and Wolfie ????). $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Priceless !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big Grin Metal

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Thanks Wolfie and Mister E.

I've got this one up on Ebay right now. It's a copy of The Marvels Project blank variant cover of issue 1.
I've painted a scene of the Hulk and Ms Marvel on it. What a lovely pair they make!

Ebay Link

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Fantastic Cover Nik.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post