Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Artist Advertising Forum    NIK's PIX: MARS ATTACKS UPRISING SKETCHES!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NIK's PIX: MARS ATTACKS UPRISING SKETCHES!
 Login/Join 
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
Great to watch Nik. I noticed the Bowie 'Man who fell to Earth' picture & some of those EofF fairies have quite Bowie-esque hair so I'm guessing he's an influence. Fantastic work - looking forward to the new stuff too.

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Thanks JustM. You got the Bowie influence right. When I was younger I thought his music was just so far ahead of everything else. Plus early on he looked like a Science Fiction or comicbook character come to life. I always wanted hair like his. Now I just want hair!

Here's the Christopher Eccleston painting I mentioned before. I literally finished it minutes ago.

Mars Attacks Uprising, Hobbit Battle of the 5 Armies, Star Wars Masterwork, Marvel Premier 2014, The Hobbit an Unexpected Journey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Mars Attacks Heritage, Marvel 70th Anniv', The Prisoner, Star Wars Galaxy 4, X-Men Archives, LOTR Masterpieces II, Vampirella, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Dr Who, Marilyn Monroe and CSI sketch card artist.

Posts: 518 | Location: London UK | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Here's a step by step of the above painting for those of you who like to view the creative process.

Mars Attacks Uprising, Hobbit Battle of the 5 Armies, Star Wars Masterwork, Marvel Premier 2014, The Hobbit an Unexpected Journey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Mars Attacks Heritage, Marvel 70th Anniv', The Prisoner, Star Wars Galaxy 4, X-Men Archives, LOTR Masterpieces II, Vampirella, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Dr Who, Marilyn Monroe and CSI sketch card artist.

Posts: 518 | Location: London UK | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Wow it's been a while since I last posted here. Time goes by so fast.
I have been keeping busy though. Here's some commissioned Marvel 70th and X-Men Archives AP's that I did.

I was asked to recreate a cover by Brian Stelfreeze for this one.

Here's my pencil preliminary sketch for the above one.

Here's the most recent one I did. Managed to get a nice orangey glow on this one.

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Very nice Nik. Thumb Up

Posts: 28773 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Thanks Wolfie! Smile

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Some commissions I did on my Prisoner return cards.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Very nice, I especially like the "Cross-Over" theme of the top one Thumb Up

Posts: 12066 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Thanks Hammer. The theme was suggested by the buyer. I found Patrick McGoohan the hardest person to get a likeness of.

Here's a large painted commission of Sapphire and Steele I just finished.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
A couple of recent commissioned sketch cards I've done.

The DC Comics character Lobo

The 8th Doctor Who Paul McGann

posted Hide Post
Lush and intense color, Nik! Love them both, but the Doctor Who card is absolutely beautiful... Luv You

Rabid Horse Art - www.rabidhorse.com

Art Updates - www.rabidhorse.com/artblog

Posts: 390 | Location: East of Montreal, Canada | Registered: October 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ingrid!

These were my last 3 Prisoner return blanks.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
nice work NIK;P

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Hey thanks David!

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
I've got this up on Ebay at the moment. It's an Avengers issue 1, 2nd print blank variant cover comic. I've painted a scene on the front featuring Thanos and friends and a black and white line drawing on the back as the back cover was also blank. It's on Ebay HERE if you'd like to bid on it. I think the starting bid is very reasonable considering how much work went into it and how long it took.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Chrisahend
posted Hide Post
Reasonable? That starting bid is a steal.

It amazes me what you can do on those covers.

Posts: 869 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: November 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Holey smoke that sure is a steal....! The color piece is gorgeous, but your black and white work is just so solid and lovely... Luv You

Rabid Horse Art - www.rabidhorse.com

Art Updates - www.rabidhorse.com/artblog

Posts: 390 | Location: East of Montreal, Canada | Registered: October 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
Great work NIK. Those are gorgeous pieces of art. If you don't mind me saying, they reminde me of the great Jim Starlin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chris, the surface wasn't too bad on this one.
Thanks Ingrid!
Thanks Boldlygone. I wouldn't compare myself to the great Jim Starlin but his 1970s work on Warlock and Thanos certainly was the inspiration for this piece.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
<bump>
*** Just 2 hours left to go on the above Ebay auction. ***