Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Artist Advertising Forum    NIK's PIX: MARS ATTACKS UPRISING SKETCHES!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NIK's PIX: MARS ATTACKS UPRISING SKETCHES!
 Login/Join 
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
Thank Nik! The Hurley/Hugo looks amazing.

Paul

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Nik sent me a copy of "Cosmic Eye: The Art of Nick Neocleous". What a terrific book! It's really pretty cool on many fronts -- an interesting read, a great perspective on pop culture, and of course, all that gorgeous art. It's well organized into several sections: Doctor Who, Angels, Sketches, Aliens, etc. Of course, I especially liked the Doctor Who sketches sections (two of 'em!) and the section with illustrations of commissioned sketch cards. It's really cool to see a sketch cards collected like this in book form. I still can't believe Nik gave us the Batman art featured on page 9 to give away at last year's Memorabilia.

Kudos to you, Nik!! Fabuloso, as your friend Sue says.

Posts: 12968 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Wow thanks Harris for the glowing report on my book, much appreciated. Hope to see you again in November at the Memorabilia show.

Thanks Boldlygone, I'm glad you won the sketch card, I don't think anyone else even noticed what just happened back there.

I still have copies of my book available, here's a recap of the details from page one of this thread:

quote:
Originally posted by NIK:
Hi all, I'm Nick Neocleous, also known as NIK. I've worked on quite a few sets as a sketch card artist. I’ve also been doing some book covers and illustrations for a small company called Wild Cat Books this past year. They asked me if they could publish an artbook of my work so I jumped at the chance as you can imagine. It’s called COSMIC EYE and is available now on Amazon.com or direct from me at my website

www.planetnik.com/page34.htm

To make it more fun, all copies purchased from me will also receive a raffle number. The raffle will be drawn on the 1st of August 2009.
1st prize is a 10” x 15” full colour painting, your choice of one character.
2nd prize is a 10” x 15” black and white drawing, your choice of one character.
3rd prize, 5 runners up will receive full colour custom sketch cards, their choice of one character.
The winners choose what they want drawn, (within tasteful boundaries please.)

The signed copies and raffle numbers are only available with copies purchased direct from me.
Any questions, please feel free to email me.

So without further ado.....

I’m pleased to announce
COSMIC EYE
A 140 page, full colour, Square-Bound, glossy card cover, coffee table artbook.

Available from Amazon.com or direct from me at
www.PlanetNik.com

Ordering details are on the webpage.

Here's a sample of what's in the book:

That's just a small portion! The book is full colour, 140 pages long.
Thanks for looking : )

Mars Attacks Uprising, Hobbit Battle of the 5 Armies, Star Wars Masterwork, Marvel Premier 2014, The Hobbit an Unexpected Journey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Mars Attacks Heritage, Marvel 70th Anniv', The Prisoner, Star Wars Galaxy 4, X-Men Archives, LOTR Masterpieces II, Vampirella, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Dr Who, Marilyn Monroe and CSI sketch card artist.

Posts: 518 | Location: London UK | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
I've got just a few cards up on Ebay at the moment if anyone is interested.
All ending on different days.

First off is a Tusken Raider card

On Ebay here

Then 2 Doctor Who cards.
A Bugman from the recent Easter Special

On Ebay here

And lastly from Doctor Who, the Absorbaloff

On Ebay here

Thanks for looking!

Mars Attacks Uprising, Hobbit Battle of the 5 Armies, Star Wars Masterwork, Marvel Premier 2014, The Hobbit an Unexpected Journey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Mars Attacks Heritage, Marvel 70th Anniv', The Prisoner, Star Wars Galaxy 4, X-Men Archives, LOTR Masterpieces II, Vampirella, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Dr Who, Marilyn Monroe and CSI sketch card artist.

Posts: 518 | Location: London UK | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Here are some of my X-Men Archive sketches.
This was fun to work on as I've collected comics since I was 5 years old. I was pressed for time and ended up doing mostly Wolverine's as he was easy to draw. I only did one's and two's of any other characters.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Verrrrrrry awesome sketches Nik! Thumb Up

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Chrisahend
posted Hide Post
Great looking cards Nik.

Chris H

Posts: 869 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: November 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wonderful work NIK! Just wonderful! Metal

Rabid Horse Art - www.rabidhorse.com

Art Updates - www.rabidhorse.com/artblog

Posts: 390 | Location: East of Montreal, Canada | Registered: October 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much Miss Lizzy, Chris and Ingrid.

posted Hide Post
Beautiful work as always Nik. I will never get sick of your vibrant colours.

Posts: 377 | Location: Ohio | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Thanks very much Don!

It's Sketch Card Blowout time!
I've found some cards which I've had for awhile and I want to clear them all out if possible, hence the cheap prices. Some of them go back a bit to when I first started in sketch cards in 2006, the last 4 are fairly recent and are done in my current style of painting with Acrylic paints. They are all numbered for easy recognition. If there are any that you want just drop me an email for availability. First come first served. I take Paypal as payment. I've quoted the prices in UK pounds stirling, if you're in the States you can select to pay with UK pounds within Paypal, it converts it for you and shows you the amount before you confirm payment, it's quite easy.
Postage is £1 within the UK and £2 to everywhere else. If your cards come to £25 or more you may want to have them insured against loss or damage, I would recommend this as I am not liable for any cards that get lost or damaged by the Post Office. Insured postage to everywhere is £5 (instead of the £1 /£2.)

It goes without saying that the numbers shown are not on the actual sketch cards, they are just there for identification purposes only.

1-24 are all samples shown to Artbox Ltd for their proposed sets on Dracula, The Wolfman and The Creature from the Black Lagoon. I think these sets have been put on hold for the time being.
1-7 = £10 each.
8-14 = £13 each.
15-18,21,24 = £10 each.
19,20,22,23 = £13 each.

25-36 are all samples shown to Breygent which got me on the Marilyn Monroe Shaw family archives set.
25-29 = £15 each.
30-35 = £10 each.
36 = £15.

37-44 are all samples shown to Stricty Ink to get me onto the Hammer Films, Harryhausen and Best of 2000AD sets. 45-48 are Hammer Horror sketch cards.
37-44 = £15 each.
45-48 = £20 each.

49-55 are all samples which were shown to Rittenhouse Archives in respect of Marvel Masterpieces (which I didn't get on as 1,000 artists had already applied) and X-Men Archives which I did get on.

49-55 = £15 each.

56-59 are samples shown to Breygent which got me onto one of their Movie Poster sets.
56-59 = £12 each.

60 and 61 are samples shown to Topps for the Halo set that I was too late to get in to.
62 is the last of 3 samples for the Inkworks The Spirit set which I worked on.
60-62 = £15 each.

63-70 are some cards done for fun.
63-66 = £12 each.
67-70 = £15 each.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
*** The prices shown above aren't necessarily fixed.
I'm open to offers and deals if anyone is interested in a few cards.

*** There's just a few days left for the Cosmic Eye artbook raffle. The numbers will be drawn out of the hat on the 1st of August. Please see all the details above regarding the draw.

Here are some of the drawings I did on the inside front covers of some of the artbooks that already went out.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Ordered my book, and just in time to get a raffle number! Big Grin

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Thanks very much Miss Lizzy and the 2 or 3 others that have just purchased my book.

Your names will all go in the hat for the August 1st draw.
Good luck!

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Email sent for some of Nik's great sketches, hope they are still available.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your order Treksearcher.
I should be mailing them out today or tomorrow.

The podcast with the Cosmic Eye artbook draw is now online with the 7 winners names being announced as they are pulled out of the hat by Paul/Quaint1. So if you purchased the Cosmic Eye artbook directly from me you may want to listen to the podcast to hear if your number and name came up.

The podcast is at:
www.cardcast.co.uk
Click on the words 'prize draw' to hear the podcast.

Many thanks to everyone that bought the book from me and I'm sorry that everyone wasn't able to win a piece of art.

To the winners: please get in touch to let me know who you want drawn, a selection of 3 or 4 choices would be greatly appreciated.

Also my thanks to Paul/Quaint1 for doing the draw and podcast for me.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: NIK,

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Holy ****! I won! Eek

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Elephant Dance Sheep Bouncey Metal

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Has anyone else listened to the podcast? I was sure I heard a few other card-talkers names on there!

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
I was there Clap Got me a sketch card Elephant

Posts: 3796 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post