Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Artist Advertising Forum    NIK's PIX: MARS ATTACKS UPRISING SKETCHES!
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NIK's PIX: MARS ATTACKS UPRISING SKETCHES!
 Login/Join 
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NIK:
Thanks Treksearcher!
Here's the back cover to the Spidey comic which wasn't finished when I posted previously.
Should be with you tomorrow!

Just a reminder for this 5" x 7" 'The Silence' from Doctor Who ending later today.

On Ebay HERE

Thanks for looking.

Package arrived today, as usual the scans do not do the sketches justice. Fantastic artwork.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Thanks again for picking up my work Treksearcher!

I think I'm on a bit of a roll. Here's another new piece of art on Ebay HERE

A 5" x 7" Acrylic painting of a Silurian from the Doctor Who TV series.

Mars Attacks Uprising, Hobbit Battle of the 5 Armies, Star Wars Masterwork, Marvel Premier 2014, The Hobbit an Unexpected Journey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Mars Attacks Heritage, Marvel 70th Anniv', The Prisoner, Star Wars Galaxy 4, X-Men Archives, LOTR Masterpieces II, Vampirella, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Dr Who, Marilyn Monroe and CSI sketch card artist.

Posts: 518 | Location: London UK | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nik, that Silurian is bloody stunning... Metal

(Did I just swear in British? Sorry... it's just so gorgeous...)

Rabid Horse Art - www.rabidhorse.com

Art Updates - www.rabidhorse.com/artblog

Posts: 390 | Location: East of Montreal, Canada | Registered: October 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ingrid! You only swore mildly.

Next up are 3 Harry Potter cards!
If anyone wants them please get in touch, otherwise they'll go up on Ebay in a couple of days time.

Mars Attacks Uprising, Hobbit Battle of the 5 Armies, Star Wars Masterwork, Marvel Premier 2014, The Hobbit an Unexpected Journey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Mars Attacks Heritage, Marvel 70th Anniv', The Prisoner, Star Wars Galaxy 4, X-Men Archives, LOTR Masterpieces II, Vampirella, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Dr Who, Marilyn Monroe and CSI sketch card artist.

Posts: 518 | Location: London UK | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
One day left for this one on Ebay
HERE

And these 3 Harry Potter cards are now up on Ebay.

Harry Potter HERE

Albus Dumbledore HERE

Minerva McGonagall HERE

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
I seem to get more art done during the winter when it's too cold to go out.

You have been busy Nik, those Potter sketches look great.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Thanks Treksearcher Thumb Up

I've had a bit of a creative burst at the start of this January but it is back to the commissions very shortly.
I do have one more new one on Ebay HERE
A Sontaran from the Doctor Who TV show

Can I get some input from people on this one. I sat up all night doing this 5" x 7" Bride of Frankenstein then I realised I've done her
green like the Frankenstein monster.
Even though the movie she was in was black and white she's normally depicted with caucasian skin rather than green.
So should I leave her like this or change her?

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Those are all terrific NIK!! I love them.

Unfortunately, I am not a Frankie expert so I can't give you good input on the Bride but I do really like it. Hope someone else will come along and say one way or the other.

Posts: 12968 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
NIK, I think your work is fantastic. Love all the cards shown.

Just my opinion, but I think the Bride should have very pale skin, seeing how she was dead and all. However, it would look good either way.

Posts: 1443 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I like it! I actually like the green skin color, combined with the background color really makes the piece stand out. Reminds me of Basil Gogos.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I certainly like the "Green" look.

Just realized, is that where Marj Simpson got the idea for her Hair?

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Would have to go with pale skin - great work though Thumb Up

Posts: 12066 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks Ingrid! You only swore mildly.

Next up are 3 Harry Potter cards!
If anyone wants them please get in touch, otherwise they'll go up on Ebay in a couple of days time.

Some lucky bidder got these off the bay. Oops, was that me?

Excellent work as always Nik.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post

And thanks everyone for the input on the Bride of Frankenstein piece.
Most people said she should be pale so I painted over the green and it came out okay.
She's up on Ebay HERE

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Thumb Up

Posts: 12066 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
quote:

And thanks everyone for the input on the Bride of Frankenstein piece.
Most people said she should be pale so I painted over the green and it came out okay.
She's up on Ebay HERE

That is fantastic! I love the classic monsters. Big Grin

Posts: 2187 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Thanks Hammer & Elaine!

I got a commission to do 10 of those blank sketch comic covers for someone.
Here's the first 3, 7 left to go.

This is my base card for the Classic Mythology set coming soon from Tony and Elaine's Perna Studios.
The original art is available, if interested get in touch for details of size etc.

posted Hide Post
Artemis is absolutely stunning, Nik! Love it...

Rabid Horse Art - www.rabidhorse.com

Art Updates - www.rabidhorse.com/artblog

Posts: 390 | Location: East of Montreal, Canada | Registered: October 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Aw thanks Ingrid.
The Artemis painting has now sold to a UK collector.
Here's the latest 2 in a series of all the Doctor Who's I'm doing for someone.
Just one left to go.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Nik - VERY nice Thumb Up