Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Chicago Non-Sport Card Show April 28 and 29
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chicago Non-Sport Card Show April 28 and 29
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stevetrek:
I will bring the Star Crunch Cards I have. You will be able to find me at the admissions table on Friday.

I've been working late and not sure I'll be there on Friday. Might try for the dinner afterwards. Will you be there on Saturday as well?

Trade List | Want List | NonSport Collection | Wrestling Collection | Facebook

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Rod, Steve & Greg,
Have cards you want. Stop by... Wave

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Mike,
May have 2-3 Crunch cards. Stop by... Wave

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
Not sure about Saturday. My son is in from out of town. I will be there Friday night

This message has been edited. Last edited by: stevetrek,

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not sure about Saturday. My son is in from out of town. I will be there Friday night

Needs: 2,8,10
Dupes: 1,4,6,7,9,11,12

Can try to make the dinner if you see a trade there.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Today's the day! Hope to see the Chicago crew out in full force. There are a couple of additions to the vendors list, Carl will be there, (but not Iggy) also Brian will be there. So, lots of cards! Also, Defiant Comics will have lots of comic books, so if you need any to fill slots in your collection, bring your list.
We will have the traditional dinner again, starting a little earlier, around 7 pm. at Alberto's.
Look forward to seeing you all!

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
VenonSliter - I don't have the cards you need.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
quote:
VenonSliter - I don't have the cards you need.

Thanks for checking. I'll check with Bob tomorrow to see what he has.

Still hoping to make the dinner so please save me a spot.

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
First day of the show went well. The dealers I spoke with were selling stuff. A lot of regulars missing, but hopefully they will appear tomorrow.
Much trading going on as well, with xtime, Stevetrek, Rod S. and others.
Star Wars Rogue One, Walking Dead, and Game of Thrones were all hot items. Lots of old cards too.
I completed several subsets of Game of Thrones 4 and 5, Grimm and finally put the finishing touch on Charlies Angels. I now have completed all 4 sets with stickers!

After the show we met at Alberto's for dinner, only 10 of us, many of the regulars were missing. After a nice dinner and conversation, Ed had provided a box of Topps Walking Dead for us to open. Everyone got 2 packs, and our big winner was Venom5liter, who pulled an autograph of Abraham Ford!

Tomorrow it's back for more...

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Went back Saturday morning. Didn't stay real long, but picked up a couple of items I had seen last night.
it was great talking with a few of the dealers, bought a nice sketch from Paul M. from the Treasure Chest of Art project, of Grand Moff Tarkin.
Hope everyone else had a good time, I did and filled a bunch of empty slots in my want lists.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Rod please email me asap at x4741@hotmail.com. urgent Eek

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
Had A great time at the show this weekend. On Friday I picked up a lot of cards on my want through buying and trading. I went back on Saturday afternoon and picked up a few more cards. It was great talking to the dealers and card talkers.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: stevetrek,

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Anybody have Rod's email address?
Or, let him know that I urgently need to get into contact. Thanks.

Email x4741@hotmail.com
Wave

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Back in Missouri. Rained all the way home, but only one minor slow down north of Normal.

The show was great both days. I kept busy. Had little time to shop myself.
Saw lots of old friends...Don, John, Carl, Paul, Greg, Steve, Rod, Mike, Jewel, Brian, Kevin and many more.
Also, made a number of new friends. Did a bunch of trading and giveaways. Always nice to help each other out with completing sets.
The show room was full with modern and vintage cards, toys, comics and more.

Friday evening we enjoyed dinner at Alberto's with Don leading the way. Thanks to Ed for providing the free box of the new Walking Dead packs to open. Mike was lucky man again!!!

Overall, the variety and quality, combined with the friendliest collectors/sellers in the hobby, made the drive easy and well worth it.

Looking forward to October 13-14. Thumb Up

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
Bob - Shoot me an email and I will reply with Rod's info.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Thanks Steve.

Anybody have pics of the show? Sheep

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Was the new Game of Thrones P2 promo given out at the show ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
Games of Thrones P2 was not given out at the show. We did have a Cherry Series 3 exclusive.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Still no pics? Shake Head