Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Chicago Non-Sport Card Show October 22 & 23
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chicago Non-Sport Card Show October 22 & 23
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted
The Chicago Non-Sport Card Show will be held October 22nd and 23rd, 2021.

We are pleased to announce that we have secured the whole ballroom for the show. So there will be room for existing dealers to expand and an opportunity for new dealers to set up.

We also will have guest artist Kevin B Cleveland on hand all weekend.

Same location: Holiday Inn in Carol Stream, IL.
Same Admission Price: FREE
And FREE promos at the door.

Join us for the Fall edition! Start getting those want lists ready now, don't procrastinate.

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Recruiting Call!

We're looking for a volunteer or 'team' to assist with the entry table for the Fall Show.

Duties include handing out the promo packs and door prize tickets and helping with the mailing list sign up.

If we have a couple of volunteers we could certainly work in shifts to make sure you get to see the show as well.

Anyone interested?

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Time for Promo Card Show and Tell...

First up is Chicago P22, art by creative guest Kevin B Cleveland. We decided that a Plague Doctor was appropriate for this year.

You know the drill... 1 per person per day at the door. Kevin will have a supply to sign as well.

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Next up is the P3 Promo for Eule's Vision.

Eule's Vision is a creator owned comic by Jacob Stem and Chad Heinrich. They have a number of very successful Kickstarter campaigns under their belt. We thank them for supporting our show!

Also 1 free at the door with your FREE admission.

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
We will have a promo from 5FINITY as well. Waiting on them to arrive to scan.

Still looking for front door help for Friday. Worst case is I'll hand out the promos at my table, but I'd rather have a greeter!

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
Time for Promo Card Show and Tell...

First up is Chicago P22, art by creative guest Kevin B Cleveland. We decided that a Plague Doctor was appropriate for this year.

You know the drill... 1 per person per day at the door. Kevin will have a supply to sign as well.

Cool Card!

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Planning on a card from the incredible people at Perna Studios. Pending arrival this week.

FREE promos for the price of admission, which is... FREE. Hard to beat.

Now to make sure everything gets loaded for the trip...

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:

FREE promos for the price of admission, which is... FREE. Hard to beat.

Oh for shows like this in the UK, fat chance of it ever happening though.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks to be another great show with super promos! Looking forward to seeing a big turn out!

Posts: 40 | Location: The other side..... | Registered: January 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
How about a door prize tease...

This one is for SATURDAY:

A hobby box of Historic Autograph's 1945: The End of WWII.

One entry per person, guests only. Dealers not eligible to win. And all that for the price of admission, which again is FREE.

Friday's door prize is PENDING, partially because if we don't have a volunteer person/team for the front door I don't know if we'll be able to hand out tickets to everyone. Any volunteers?

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Received Promo 4 today...

Bill Maus' Cyberangels from 5FINITY

Many thanks to 5FINITY who has supported our show almost every show.

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
In the uncomfortable situation of not having all the promos in hand before I have to leave for Philly...

Next promo SHOULD arrive in time for the show, if it does not it will be given out at the Spring Show.

Perna Studios is sending us P1 for Elementals 2 featuring art by Jose Carlos Sanchez.

This one will be especially limited and will be split equally between Friday and Saturday. So come early to be sure you get yours.

I'll try to remember to post when I physically have the cards for the show.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
I can’t wait to see all the peeps on Friday!!!

For my part, I will be offering expanded offerings in my Toys (South Park, Family Guy, TMNT, 31” Big Figs), Garbage Pail Kids (empty display boxes for several series as well as new cards) and periodicals (will have a bunch of American Cinematographer/Comic Buyers Guide and Previews as well as an expanded offering of comics including key 1st appearances of She-Hulk, Mayday Parker and Moon Knight)…and, you know, cards.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hippiejewel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Recruiting Call!

We're looking for a volunteer or 'team' to assist with the entry table for the Fall Show.

Duties include handing out the promo packs and door prize tickets and helping with the mailing list sign up.

If we have a couple of volunteers we could certainly work in shifts to make sure you get to see the show as well.

Anyone interested?

I've already told you I would be there Friday and Saturday. Look out IGGY!!!!! LOL

Jewel Big Grin

Posts: 2035 | Location: Western Burbs of Chicago | Registered: April 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hippiejewel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by igman7:
I can’t wait to see all the peeps on Friday!!!

For my part, I will be offering expanded offerings in my Toys (South Park, Family Guy, TMNT, 31” Big Figs), Garbage Pail Kids (empty display boxes for several series as well as new cards) and periodicals (will have a bunch of American Cinematographer/Comic Buyers Guide and Previews as well as an expanded offering of comics including key 1st appearances of She-Hulk, Mayday Parker and Moon Knight)…and, you know, cards.

Iggy,

When you get something "Witcher" related, let me know. I know the figures are coming out soon. Don't know about the cards.

Jewel Big Grin

Posts: 2035 | Location: Western Burbs of Chicago | Registered: April 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hippiejewel
posted Hide Post
Iggy,

If you get something "Witcher" related, let me know. I know the figures are coming out. Not sure about the cards. See you Friday & Saturday.

Jewel Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hippiejewel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Recruiting Call!

Anyone interested?

This is now covered! Thx

Jewel Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hippiejewel:
quote:
Recruiting Call!

Anyone interested?

I've already told you I would be there Friday and Saturday. Look out IGGY!!!!! LOL

Jewel Big Grin

Woo! A double dose! See you tomorrow

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Six promos (and some have 7...)

Rittenhouse was awesome and got us the Game of Thrones Iron Anniversary Series 2 P2 convention promo for the show!

On per person, per day at the door.

The Perna promos did arrive in time, and will be limited. We have set some aside for Saturday, so come early either day and you should be good.

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Dinner Friday?

Everybody's got to eat. Why not join us for an informal get together at Burger Theory in the hotel.

They are open until 10pm, so we won't be rushed like in the Spring.

Nothing fancy, just a good time with people with common interests.