Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    TREASURE CHEST of ART- Opportunity to support Treasure Chest
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TREASURE CHEST of ART- Opportunity to support Treasure Chest
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Received mine today. Will post images in a day or two.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
Caught up on shipping. List on page 1 should be up to date now.

Glad to see everyone is enjoying their sketches. It worked out pretty well. The only exception being one person who I don't think will be happy with what they picked and I wish I could have made it better somehow.

I think we're down to 4 waiting to be paid and shipped.

Ed

Hey Ed, I sent you an email the other day....

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
Hope I'm not the one Ed is worried will be disappointed ;-)

Jon

I think we have allready seen the one ED was worried about.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here are the three I received, I'm afraid I did not record which number was for each artist.

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

Its by Alan Rose

This one is by Jason Adams and has me completely flumoxed as to what it depicts. It is up the right way because Jason very helpfully put an arrow and the word "up" on the back.

This is by Jamie Campbell

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
The Adams looks like an Octopus!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Looks like Adams uses stencils or printing blocks for his art cards. I like my robot I got of his, at least i can tell what it is.

Overall, some real nice cards in this box - I think Harris's is really neat, also like the Hellboy.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
Caught up on shipping. List on page 1 should be up to date now.

Glad to see everyone is enjoying their sketches. It worked out pretty well. The only exception being one person who I don't think will be happy with what they picked and I wish I could have made it better somehow.

I think we're down to 4 waiting to be paid and shipped.

Ed

Hey Ed, I sent you an email the other day....

Ted,

Just sent you an email...

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Is the Jason Adams sketch something to do with Lost?

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of The Mouseketeer
posted Hide Post
Here are my sketches...

#34 - 2011/5000 Clarice Starling by Card Talk's own Ted Dastick Jr. Smile

#35 - 114/5000 Tarzan by Beau Schemery

Thank you Ed for making this happen! Wavey

Posts: 2218 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ed. . .

My cards arrived today. . . It was cool that they had post its covering the image -- made it sort of like opening packs.

I was excited right away to see the back of the first card -- Lynne Anderson. . .I'm a big fan so that was cool, and as always Lynne delivers!

The next signature was Scott DM Simmons. . . no idea who that is, and I'm not sure what the significance of the image is -- a superhero with car keys? The last card. . . Jason Adams, and other mystery 'sketch' this one with construction paper glued to it. This one also has the helpful 'up' written on the back.

I think that makes at least 5 Jason Adams sketches out of this Treasure Chest. . . I wonder if other chests were so loaded with his work. . .

Anyway. . . Thank you again, Ed for putting this together, it certainly has satisfied my Treasure Chest urge!

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Mouseketeer:
Here are my sketches...

#34 - 2011/5000 Clarice Starling by Card Talk's own Ted Dastick Jr. Smile

Cool! I was actually worried that the one I picked would be one of my own. Twak

I hope you like that one. Jodie Foster's tough to draw, I must've erased her face a dozen times before I got it right!

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

NSU Elf
Picture of The Mouseketeer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
I hope you like that one. Jodie Foster's tough to draw, I must've erased her face a dozen times before I got it right!

I love it! I'm just sorry my camera couldn't do it justice.

Posts: 2218 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Wow, some really cool stuff here - Ted, a great job on the Clarice sketch!

Interesting that 5 Jason adams were in this box, and we haven't heard from everyone yet.
I have only seen partial images from 2 boxes, and xtime got one of those unknown images as well, (if you squint your eyes, it looks like an elephant's head). Since they are all alike, it obviously is some kind of stamp - somebody should ask Jason Adams what it is supposed to be...

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
[URL= [/URL]

[URL= [/URL]

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Publisher
Picture of Roxanne
posted Hide Post
John Levitt and webjon have similar sketches from Jason Adams. I see a ballerina standing on one leg on both of these cards.

Posts: 56 | Location: Harrisburg, PA | Registered: January 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Roxanne

I see what you mean but what is depicted on the left and above her raised leg? Are they 'air movement'lines?

Many thanks for your observation.

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Got the cards Ed. Thanks again!

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Top Left: Billy Tackett
Top Right:Tom Kelly
Bottom:Brian Ahern

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Publisher
Picture of Roxanne
posted Hide Post
John,
They could be air movements but all I saw was the girl and have no idea about the significance of the rest of it. Strange that the two cards are so similar without us fully understanding what they stand for.

Posts: 56 | Location: Harrisburg, PA | Registered: January 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John91C:
Ed,

Can I have # 45, 46, 47, thanks!

John!

Don't know if you saw my post, but I only can give you 45 & 47, 46 had already been requested.

I can't email you because your email isn't in your profile, but contact me so we can arrange payment.

If you've changed your mind just let me know. I'm pretty sure I can find a home for them. Thanks!

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post