Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    TREASURE CHEST of ART- Opportunity to support Treasure Chest
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TREASURE CHEST of ART- Opportunity to support Treasure Chest
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Rich Woodall
Bruce Bolinger
Blaine Garrett

Posts: 275 | Location: California | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
You did very well with your choice. Thumb Up

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
Mine arrived this morning - here they are: -
Anthony Hary
Anthony Castrillo
Daniel Brandao

Very nice indeed. Thanks Ed

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
The Leia one reminds me of someone but i can't think who, it is obviously not Carrie Fisher, i assume that was something to do with image rights.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just as a reminder, there is a very limited quantity of the Treasure Chest of Art left available. So, if you are interested, please post here or can email me directly. cecexpo@gmail.com.
Check out the ad in the upcoming NSU issue as well!
Not many left, do not miss this opportunity to own a once in a lifetime memento.There are a ton of great artists that participated, such as Ken Kelly, Chris Achilleos, Dave Dorman, Larry Elmore, Don Rosa, actors such as Billy Dee Williams, Dawn Wells, and others.
Thanks for everyone and their support of the CECE and The Pediatric Oncology Treasure Chest Foundation! Thanks to Ed/ Sci Fi to help offer the collectors who do not wish to purchase a whole chest to offer the opportunity to purchase mystery lots.
We raised quite a bit for the Foundation this year and I thank you all.
Take care,
Paul
Best of everything in Philly this weekend! Have Fun!
Paul

Posts: 955 | Location: HICKORY HILLS IL | Registered: April 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post

VERY pleased with Mine

Potratz/Jack Hai, Brett Wood, Dan Parsons

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:

VERY pleased with Mine

Potratz/Jack Hai, Brett Wood, Dan Parsons

Clap Very nice!

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Anybody up for another one?

Also Last Call for John91c, if I don't hear from you soon I'll have to see if anyone else wants those 2.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Absolutely, that was fun! Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here was my sketch, an awesome Rainbow Brite by Cassie James. Thanks, Ed!

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
Here was my sketch, an awesome Rainbow Brite by Cassie James. Thanks, Ed!

Very awesome! Clap
I still have my Rainbow Brite doll from when I was a kid around here somewhere.

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
We WILL be doing another group break on a treasure chest! Bouncey

Paul is going to get me a chest at the Detroit Fanfare show the last weekend of the month. So, look for an announcement the first week of November.

Ed

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Excellent.
I won't be after any puzzle cards the next time, though.Smile

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
Mine arrived late last week:

Amy Provonost - cute, cuddly little dragon ; )

Thanks again Ed for making this possible!

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1176 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
The Adams looks like an Octopus!

Boom...

Good eye.

Posts: 70 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:
Looks like Adams uses stencils or printing blocks for his art cards. I like my robot I got of his, at least i can tell what it is.

Linocut is a printmaking technique, a variant of woodcut in which a sheet of linoleum (sometimes mounted on a wooden block) is used for the relief surface. A design is cut into the linoleum surface with a sharp knife, V-shaped chisel or gouge, with the raised (uncarved) areas representing a reversal (mirror image) of the parts to show printed. The linoleum sheet is inked with a roller (called a brayer), and then impressed onto paper or fabric. The actual printing can be done by hand or with a press.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jadams,

Posts: 70 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Jason

Many thanks for taking the time and trouble to explain how your artwork is accomplished. It seems to me that you need a variety of skills to achieve the finished article.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
Jason

Many thanks for taking the time and trouble to explain how your artwork is accomplished. It seems to me that you need a variety of skills to achieve the finished article.

regards

John

No trouble at all, I will always answer questions. I know it's not a master piece, but hopefully there is someone out there that will appreciate what I do. I just want to offer an alternative to the traditional sketch card.

I'm fairly certain that I'm the only guy doing Linos for sketch cards.

If anyone has any other questions, please feel free to ask and I will answer the best I can.

Jason

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jadams:
Linocut is a printmaking technique, a variant of woodcut in which a sheet of linoleum (sometimes mounted on a wooden block) is used for the relief surface. A design is cut into the linoleum surface with a sharp knife, V-shaped chisel or gouge, with the raised (uncarved) areas representing a reversal (mirror image) of the parts to show printed. The linoleum sheet is inked with a roller (called a brayer), and then impressed onto paper or fabric. The actual printing can be done by hand or with a press.

Jason,

Please don't take this the wrong way. I'm not trying to belittle your artistic talent (I can't color inside the lines). I liked the Thor cards you showed in another thread. But I do have a question.

Since you are making a printing plate of sorts, does this not make the cards something other than 1 of 1 pieces of art? Can you not make several identical cards from the same cut piece?

I only ask because many people think that is the real charm to sketch cards, holding a unique piece of art.

Just playing a little bit of devil's advocate.

Ed

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of john the hat
posted Hide Post
here be my 2 from the last chest ,dont know who the girly is though

Posts: 1115 | Location: England | Registered: March 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post