Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
TREASURE CHEST of ART- Opportunity to support Treasure Chest

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6236037711/m/983109925

January 29, 2011, 07:58 PM
PAULM
TREASURE CHEST of ART- Opportunity to support Treasure Chest
Artists and Dealers - we are now taking applications for the March 12th Chicago Expo. If you are interested in setting up a table, please post here and or email me directly at cecexpo@gmail.com.
Artists, there are limited number of tables available, please let me know asap, and i will send you the details.
Thanks and have a great night!
Paul
January 29, 2011, 08:10 PM
jadams
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
quote:
Originally posted by jadams:
Linocut is a printmaking technique, a variant of woodcut in which a sheet of linoleum (sometimes mounted on a wooden block) is used for the relief surface. A design is cut into the linoleum surface with a sharp knife, V-shaped chisel or gouge, with the raised (uncarved) areas representing a reversal (mirror image) of the parts to show printed. The linoleum sheet is inked with a roller (called a brayer), and then impressed onto paper or fabric. The actual printing can be done by hand or with a press.

Jason,

Please don't take this the wrong way. I'm not trying to belittle your artistic talent (I can't color inside the lines). I liked the Thor cards you showed in another thread. But I do have a question.

Since you are making a printing plate of sorts, does this not make the cards something other than 1 of 1 pieces of art? Can you not make several identical cards from the same cut piece?

I only ask because many people think that is the real charm to sketch cards, holding a unique piece of art.

Just playing a little bit of devil's advocate.

Ed

Each print is unique. You'd have to see them to see that. If you have ever inked something that was hand inked, there are nooks and crannies that get filled then pressed onto the paper/card. So each one in and of itself is unique. These have texture to them, different placement, etc.

Much more goes into printing up one of these types of cards than a quick 5 second sketch of your favorite Star Wars character.

I use this style to give the collector an alternative so to speak. I know it's not for everyone, but it's something different than the same ol same ol.

Each "printing plate" is hand carve, no acid cut, no burning, etc.

Thanks for asking.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jadams,
January 30, 2011, 05:34 PM
PAULM
Hello All,
The website is updated with current contracts for everyone.
I am introducing a very special Annual Pass to all of the CECE U.S. Shows for only $ 10.00 per person.
Check it out.
Also, posted is the group shot of the 2010 10th Anniversary Expo as well. See how many people you can identify.
See you all soon.
Paul
January 30, 2011, 08:34 PM
Don Norton
Wow - 2 shows in 2 days in 2 different cities in Ohio...

I'm up for a Annual pass though. Looking forward to the March show!
January 30, 2011, 09:42 PM
Scifi Cards
quote:
Wow - 2 shows in 2 days in 2 different cities in Ohio...

Yeah, tell me. Big Grin

At least day two takes me closer to home instead of further away. Thumb Up

I see it as a win/win. Collectors don't necessarily have to travel so far, and dealers get a fresh group of customers each day.

As long as we can get the word out to those new areas it should be a worthwhile weekend. That will be the key!

Paul- When you have fliers ready send me the PDF's or Word files so I can put them in orders and my newsletter.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

February 12, 2011, 07:34 PM
PAULM
Thanks again to everyone who help support us, the Treasure Chest and the NSU board! There are a lot of very nice cards out there, please post if you have not already.
Also, we are getting ready for the 2nd release of the Treasure Chest of Art coming soon.
We'll keep you informed!
See you in Ohio and Chicago!
Paul