Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Wizard World Philly • May 30 - June 2
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wizard World Philly • May 30 - June 2
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MrBlueofnyc:
(I only have 5 cases of our NSU Spring Show Mystery Boxes left)

Just sent you an email to see if you have any cases left Wave

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
quote:
Originally posted by Martian Commander:
quote:
Topps has cancelled the panel scheduled for Wizard World this Friday.

Sorry everyone, but our host (ie: me) has laryngitis and lost his voice. We were very much looking forward to the panel, and unveling a couple of big new projects. We'll announce them elsewhere... hopefully very soon.

Feel better soon, Martian Commander. Take some Kryptonite, moon rocks, or whatever it is that makes Martian Commanders want to ack, ack, ack and not hack, hack, hack. Big Grin

Thanks, Harris.

One thing we were going to announce is that we will be posting a behind-the-scenes look at the creation of Mars Attacks cards all summer. From sketches to finished paintings, fans will see the creation from start to finish.

If you're not following on facebook-- go like us now!

We'll post the first sketch tomorrow.

-MC

Posts: 165 | Location: Mars | Registered: April 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
We have a story on the blog this afternoon about three promo cards that will be available exclusively at Wizard World Philly, for any of you lucky enough to be able to attend:

Some Very Cool (and Very Limited) Promo Cards Being Given Away at Wizard World This Weekend
  • Machete
  • Steam Wars
  • Romper Zombie
You might want to check out the story anyway as these might be on your want list, even if you can't make the show.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was told only 10 Lohan cards were brought to Wizard World.

quote:
We have a story on the blog this afternoon about three promo cards that will be available exclusively at Wizard World Philly, for any of you lucky enough to be able to attend:

Some Very Cool (and Very Limited) Promo Cards Being Given Away at Wizard World This Weekend
  • Machete
  • Steam Wars
  • Romper Zombie
You might want to check out the story anyway as these might be on your want list, even if you can't make the show.

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
10? Holy cow!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
10!¡ wow. Glad I got there early.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This was what I was told by someone working in the Geek Room. I would like someone to confirm this. I guess that means you got one Jane. I am curious to see how many of these actually turn up.

quote:
Originally posted by jane:
10!¡ wow. Glad I got there early.

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There were at least 4 of them displayed with props/photos, so if there really only 10 that exist it means only 6 were given out. I did ask if I could get 1 of the cards that were part of a display and was told no.
Everyone at the booth was very polite but I still don't know exactly what the point of the Geek Room was. Were they supposed to be promoting licenses that they have or be a green room where celebrites could come and sign stuff?

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
One of the buxom ladies whom I talked into giving me the Lohan promo mentioned something about coming back and getting it signed, but I didn't understand what she meant, as she had a very thick accent. She didn't seem to get the whole promo card thing....I don't know who was supposed to sign it. I wasn't going to ruin the card though.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
One of the producers of the Machette movie (not Robert Rodriquez) was there on Saturday.

Over on their Facebook page it says there were 20 of the Lindsay Lohan promo cards.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Batman has done a review of Wizard World Philadelphia for the blog today. We also have a gallery up of about 20 or so photos. So if anyone's interested in reading or seeing some sights from around the show floor, here's the link:

Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con 2013

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks to everyone who stopped by my table over the weekend! I'm exhausted, but had a lot of fun for my first show of this size.

Best score of the weekend:

Thanks to Laura Inglis for the intel on the Geek Room booth having these in the photo frames (did you ever go to try to get one on Sunday?). I saw Geek Room dismantling their booth at the end of the day Sunday, so I made my way over. I chatted up a girl and asked about the card, she said they were all long gone. I mentioned the ones in the photo frames (which were down). She looked puzzled, and said to wait a sec. As I could see her shuffling through the frames, some bozo came out asking sternly "Can I help you?" I told him the other girl was helping me find something. "What is she looking for?" I told him the Lohan card. He said "They're gone, there were only like 20." It was obvious I was bothering him. Just as he said this, the lady came out and handed me the Lohan card!

You can see the back is damaged from where it was taped into the frame, but I'm just happy to have the card. Mission accomplished! Metal

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
Thanks to everyone who stopped by my table over the weekend! I'm exhausted, but had a lot of fun for my first show of this size.

Best score of the weekend:

Thanks to Laura Inglis for the intel on the Geek Room booth having these in the photo frames (did you ever go to try to get one on Sunday?). I saw Geek Room dismantling their booth at the end of the day Sunday, so I made my way over. I chatted up a girl and asked about the card, she said they were all long gone. I mentioned the ones in the photo frames (which were down). She looked puzzled, and said to wait a sec. As I could see her shuffling through the frames, some bozo came out asking sternly "Can I help you?" I told him the other girl was helping me find something. "What is she looking for?" I told him the Lohan card. He said "They're gone, there were only like 20." It was obvious I was bothering him. Just as he said this, the lady came out and handed me the Lohan card!

You can see the back is damaged from where it was taped into the frame, but I'm just happy to have the card. Mission accomplished! Metal

I did try and get one. Guess I should have chatted up one of the girls instead of the guy with the camera. Oh well. Glad that at least one of us was able to get one of the cards.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Anyone pick up Rusty's Chuck Jones Bugs Bunny tribute card ? Anyone willing to part with it, trade, etc. ?

David

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post