Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Wizard World Philly • May 30 - June 2
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wizard World Philly • May 30 - June 2
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
I know some Card Talkers are attending. There's a pretty good amount of card artists there (myself included Smile):
Scott Blair
Michael "Locoduck" Duron
Jerry Gaylord "The Franchize"
Rusty Gilligan
Kate Glasheen
Danielle Gransaull
Chadwick Haverland
Tom Hodges
Laura Inglis
Brian Kong
Mark Pingitore
Sara Richard
Chrissie Zullo
...and I'm sure I missed someone. Frown

I was checking the programming schedule and saw this:

FRIDAY
4:00 – 4:45PM TOPPS: SCI-FI RULES IN 2013 Join Topps’ staff as they explore the hottest sci-fi sets from the trading card giant. You’ll hear about the rich history of Topps and Science Fiction - from Mars Attacks to Star Wars - as well as what to expect in 2013, including two brand new products unveiled here for the first time! (ROOM 111)

I don't see a booth for Topps, but if they're doing a panel I have to imagine they'll be set up somewhere. Wonder if they're planning any con exclusives?

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
I know some Card Talkers are attending. There's a pretty good amount of card artists there (myself included Smile):
Scott Blair
Michael "Locoduck" Duron
Jerry Gaylord "The Franchize"
Penelope "Peng-Peng" Gaylord
Bryan "The Flash" Turner
Rusty Gilligan
Kate Glasheen
Danielle Gransaull
Chadwick Haverland
Tom Hodges
Laura Inglis
Brian Kong
Mark Pingitore
Sara Richard
Chrissie Zullo
...and I'm sure I missed someone. Frown

I was checking the programming schedule and saw this:

FRIDAY
4:00 – 4:45PM TOPPS: SCI-FI RULES IN 2013 Join Topps’ staff as they explore the hottest sci-fi sets from the trading card giant. You’ll hear about the rich history of Topps and Science Fiction - from Mars Attacks to Star Wars - as well as what to expect in 2013, including two brand new products unveiled here for the first time! (ROOM 111)

I don't see a booth for Topps, but if they're doing a panel I have to imagine they'll be set up somewhere. Wonder if they're planning any con exclusives?

I added a couple people to your list. Smile

258 Authentic will also be there. It would be cool if Topps had a booth with convention exclusives.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll have to check this out... Good thing I decided to attend last minute!! Thumb Up

Posts: 378 | Location: New Milford, CT | Registered: February 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I will have 2 exclusive promos for the show.

Stephen Amell ( From Arrow )

Matt Smith from Doctor Who

(I only have 5 cases of our NSU Spring Show Mystery Boxes left)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MrBlueofnyc,

Posts: 522 | Location: New York City | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FRIDAY

I don't see a booth for Topps, but if they're doing a panel I have to imagine they'll be set up somewhere. Wonder if they're planning any con exclusives?[/QUOTE]

Just a panel, Ted. We'll have a Mars Attacks promo for every attendee of the panel-- perhaps a special variant of the NSU promo.

Posts: 165 | Location: Mars | Registered: April 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We'll be announcing TWO new sets, btw, and showing lots of behind-the-scenes art and imagery from Mars Attacks and Star Wars.

Believe me when I say the two announcements will surprise and excite people in a big way.

Posts: 165 | Location: Mars | Registered: April 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Naturally this has to be on Friday. The least attended day of the show and a day I am not going to be there.

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If anyone wants to pick up an extra 258 promo (either Matt Smith or the Stephen Amell one), I have an extra Matt Smith Wondercon one that I'd be willing to trade for it!

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Mr. Blue has always been cool so I will ask if he can spare a couple. I almost always buy from him when he has new stuff out.

quote:
Originally posted by riddler_149:
If anyone wants to pick up an extra 258 promo (either Matt Smith or the Stephen Amell one), I have an extra Matt Smith Wondercon one that I'd be willing to trade for it!

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
I will be looking for the 258 West promos as well.
I also need the 2013 C2E2 and 2013 Wondercon ones.

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's my Mars Attacks-inspired print I'll have available at the show.

And I haven't shared this anywhere else yet, but I've got new promo cards to give out at the show as well! Thanks, Versicolor. Smile

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Those are both outstanding, Ted!! I am glad I'll be at the show so I can pick one up.

By the way, I love the what's going on in those deathrays on the right. LOL That's funny.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Those are both outstanding, Ted!! I am glad I'll be at the show so I can pick one up.

By the way, I love the what's going on in those deathrays on the right. LOL That's funny.

Thanks, Harris. See you there!

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Ted that is a GREAT print

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Is the Mars Attacks promo given out at the Topps Panel, different from the Philly show one ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ted, do you have any of your promos left over for trade ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Ted, do you have any of your promos left over for trade ?

I got your email, David. Reply sent. Smile

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Topps has cancelled the panel scheduled for Wizard World this Friday.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sorry everyone, but our host (ie: me) has laryngitis and lost his voice. We were very much looking forward to the panel, and unveling a couple of big new projects. We'll announce them elsewhere... hopefully very soon.

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Martian Commander:
quote:

Sorry everyone, but our host (ie: me) has laryngitis and lost his voice. We were very much looking forward to the panel, and unveling a couple of big new projects. We'll announce them elsewhere... hopefully very soon.

Feel better soon, Martian Commander. Take some Kryptonite, moon rocks, or whatever it is that makes Martian Commanders want to ack, ack, ack and not hack, hack, hack. Big Grin