Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    2011 Dates for the Philly Non-Sports Card Show in Allentown
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2011 Dates for the Philly Non-Sports Card Show in Allentown
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
We've set the dates for the 2011 Spring and Fall Philly Non-Sports Card Show in Allentown, PA.

Spring Show (#54)
May 14-15, 2011 - Saturday and Sunday

Fall Show (#55)
Weekend of October 21-23

The Fall Show is where it gets tricky. We may try the show on Friday and Saturday based on some dealer input. The show will definitely be held the weekend of October 21, however, and this is one week later then what has been posted previously. We have moved the show back by a week so it will not conflict with the 2011 New York Comic Con.

Everyone please mark your calendars! Thanks.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I don't have my 2011 calendar yet, but I will make a mental note of the dates! Big Grin

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aww man. . . I was chatting with some folks yesterday about coming out to check out the New York Con and Philly show next year hoping they'd be on the same weekend again.

And I just realized the Spring show is the same weekend at Motor City. . .

Guess you guys will have to have all the fun without me . . . Oy!

Jon

Posts: 5413 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Dates marked!

I like the idea of Friday/Saturday in the fall. This way people who have football games, etc. to go to on Saturday or Sunday can come to the show on Friday.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Elaine and I are looking forward to the spring show. Dance

Posts: 96 | Location: Canada | Registered: July 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Maybe you should just make it Sat only. I think even less people would show up on friday due to work than would show up on sunday.

Posts: 522 | Location: New York City | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Fridays in the past have had good attendance, in part because it's the first day of the show. I think they also had later times, like 1 to 7, which would give people attending the show some flexibility with work. Both the Philly Show and Dee had Friday shows in the past. I like the idea of trying something a bit different. A lot of dealers and collectors come from a long way to set-up, it would be hard to justify doing only a one day show.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
Fridays in the past have had good attendance, in part because it's the first day of the show. I think they also had later times, like 1 to 7, which would give people attending the show some flexibility with work. Both the Philly Show and Dee had Friday shows in the past.

All good points, Batman. If it was a Fri/Sat show, the hours would be later on Friday, like you said and like Frank and Dee used to do. So it would have a start of around 2 PM.

quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
A lot of dealers and collectors come from a long way to set-up, it would be hard to justify doing only a one day show.

Yes, that is definitely true.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Perna:
Elaine and I are looking forward to the spring show. Dance

Tony~ Can't wait to meet you and Elaine!

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
From a dealers standpoint, I prefer the Friday/Saturday show. You set up, then do the show. Then on Saturday, after the show, you go home and still have Sunday to do other things.
I know alot of customers that can't make Sunday's for personal reasons and I know in the past Fridays were great.

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
May plane tickets booked Dance

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Shorts at Red Robin! Dance

Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
I am glad you switch the October weekend
as before it was on our Thanksgiving
(I live in Canada)
I was able to go last October but there was no way I was going to miss two Thanksgivings in a row
I am looking forward to both shows now Smile

let us know when you decide the final dates

I would prefer all 3 days Friday, Saturday and Sunday Clap - more time to search through card bins

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:

Yayyyyyyyyyyyy, I will get to meet you Graham (and hopefully hang out). Smile

Posts: 2279 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MikeFitz
posted Hide Post
I love the idea of Friday and Saturday. Dealers I've spoken with are behind this arrangement as well. Doing my best to get there in Spring, but if the Fri/Sat works out for Fall, it will be a lot easier for me.

Posts: 1457 | Location: New England | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elaine Perna:
quote:

Nice idea, but will we be able to ditch that Tony bloke? Wink

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Elaine Perna:
quote:

Nice idea, but will we be able to ditch that Tony bloke? Wink

Hey now!

Posts: 96 | Location: Canada | Registered: July 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:

The bad news is that I am coming as well Big Grin

Posts: 12157 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:

Great stuff Bouncey Now I've got someone that can keep Tony busy Big Grin

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:

Great stuff Bouncey Now I've got someone that can keep Tony busy Big Grin

What the!!??? Your a sneaky one Mr. Head.