Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    2011 Dates for the Philly Non-Sports Card Show in Allentown
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2011 Dates for the Philly Non-Sports Card Show in Allentown
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Perna:
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
The bad news is that I am coming as well Big Grin

Great stuff Bouncey Now I've got someone that can keep Tony busy Big Grin

What the!!??? Your a sneaky one Mr. Head.

I can't help but sing your reply to the Grinch theme. Big Grin

Posts: 1571 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Perna:
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
quote:
The bad news is that I am coming as well Big Grin

Great stuff Bouncey Now I've got someone that can keep Tony busy Big Grin

What the!!??? Your a sneaky one Mr. Head.

I can't help but sing your reply to the Grinch theme. Big Grin

LOL!!! That's how I wanted it read. Smile

Posts: 96 | Location: Canada | Registered: July 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a dealer that sets up at the show, I like the idea of Friday/Saturday.

BUT, it makes more sense to me to start the show at 4:00 pm and run it until 8:00 pm or 9:00pm on Friday - for a couple of reasons.

That time difference would enable some of us to avoid paying for 2 nights at a hotel, reducing the cost of doing the show, both dealers and customers alike.

For some of us, it would save us having to take an additional day off from regular jobs and losing that pay/vacation day.

Never mind the fact that for those of us who have to drive around 350 miles there, including time for traffic delays, and a couple of stops we have to allow 9 hours drive time, plus a couple of hours for set up. A 1:00 pm start time means we'd have to leave home around 3:30 AM. A 4:00 pm start time allows for a more reasonable 7-7:30 a.m. departure in preparation for a very long day ahead.

I would think that economic issues are more important these days than any time we can remember....and that saving alot of folks money would only benefit the show in terms of attendance, and $ available to be spent there (and saving dealers' costs).

Bev
B&B Grrrl AF & Cards

Posts: 31 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
I prefer the Friday/Saturday show

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I hope you will all be attending the May show as me and Graham don't want to see two tables and 5 people when we get there Shake Head

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
I hope you will all be attending the May show as me and Graham don't want to see two tables and 5 people when we get there Shake Head

The 3 Toser's, 2 Reighter's, and our two tables? What do you have against us? Razz

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
quote:
I hope you will all be attending the May show as me and Graham don't want to see two tables and 5 people when we get there

I can promise that you won't be disappointed, there is way more than 5 tables and I am bringing a special surprise guest, just to meet Graham! Cool

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
quote:

The 3 Toser's, 2 Reighter's, and our two tables? What do you have against us? Razz

How long have you got Big Grin

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
quote:
I hope you will all be attending the May show as me and Graham don't want to see two tables and 5 people when we get there

I can promise that you won't be disappointed, there is way more than 5 tables and I am bringing a special surprise guest, just to meet Graham! Cool

I hope it's not the Headless Goofball. There's nothing "special" about that. Big Grin

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
No, it's not Headless... Big Grin

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Headless Horseman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I hope it's not the Headless Goofball. There's nothing "special" about that. Big Grin

It's Jim Streich!!!

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Very few things phase me, although a daughter, shotgun and preacher might just do it Eek

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure Allentown is ready for you, Graham! Big Grin

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:

Agreed!!! Maybe we should have a sign or something -- Warning - Funny English Block; Beware of falling barbs and jokes.

It's a good thing we have Kevin too to even things out. Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
100 DAYS TO GO Dance Elephant Bouncey Metal Clap

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
But who's counting? Razz

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:

Nobody will EVER be ready for him Shake Head

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
quote:
But who's counting? Razz

I'm not counting. Wink

Okay, okay. I am. Big Grin

Posts: 2291 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
96 days to go Big Grin

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
96 days to go Big Grin

Look forward to seeing you there, Hammer, along with Elaine, Batman, Tom, Bev, Tony, and Ted there. Maybe even Headless Horseman and Graham too. Razz