Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    HeroesCon Charlotte, NC 2011 June 3rd-5th
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HeroesCon Charlotte, NC 2011 June 3rd-5th
 Login/Join

posted
Hi all.

Didn't see any discussion for this show so I thought I'd start one.

For anyone interested, or in the area, this is a fantastic show for art and comic lovers. No anime, no celebrity panels or crazy media crowds. It's a great show for people who love comic book artists and their art.

There will also be a good bunch of sketch card artists here. I know Richard Cox is coming with a limited print sketch book. I will have a table as well, and our buddy Axebone will be hanging out with a brand new Heroes Con exclusive promo for Dungeon Dolls with art by Scott Blair ( who will also be there; set up ).

While I can't promise I can mail out freebies like I've done in the past, maybe I can snag a few for those who can send in some shipping or SASE's.

Hope to see or meet some of you there!

Posts: 113 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RhiburgerNoCheese:
While I can't promise I can mail out freebies like I've done in the past, maybe I can snag a few for those who can send in some shipping or SASE's.

Hi Rhi,
Let me know what you picked up and I can send you some SASE's for them.
Have a good time there.
It was nice meeting you at Philly.
Peace,
Fred

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
* hugs *

Will do, Fred! Nice meeting you too!

Posts: 113 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
Rhi - sorry I did not make it to Philly this time to meet you and all the other great artists that were there.

If you are able to pick up any extra promo cards, I'd gladly send you SASE's or PayPal you shipping $$$$.

Thanks and have a great show.

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
I go every year and will be there on Saturday Wave

We only have two more weeks to go guys until the show is here Elephant Clap Bouncey

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
too far away for me Frown

will gladly supply SASE for a Dungeon Doll promo

or will trade a Philly Dungeon Doll with anyone

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to meeting anyone who shows up. I am on the site but no table assignment ad of yet. Ugh. LOL

I'm also taking a limited number of pre con commissions if anyone is interested. Please email me at:

new_beginning724@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Chrissums, you'll be missed. It was mice meeting you in Allentown.

posted Hide Post
I'm headed to charlotte for the first time. Anyone who has been before -- are there many non-sport card dealers?

Posts: 93 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: July 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know that Triangle Cards sets up there each year, but I am not sure of any other dealers. Tony came and introduced himself to me the first year I was set up but because I never leave my table as I am drawing the whole time, I don't get to scope out any of the other dealers with cards.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
this is actually one of the nicest run shows that I have ever done. My wife even likes the area. You can walk downtown and feel safe. I just wish they would move the dates because I can never do it on the dates they choose. It seems like they always do the one of the 1st 2 weekends in June and I just can't get away for 5 days.

Have fun, Shelton puts on a great show.

Dave

Posts: 507 | Location: MA | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'll be more then glad to send you a SASE for what ever you can get me. I can send one or two SASE.

What's your address.
Please send it to lcontino@hot.rr.com

Posts: 569 | Location: Killeen, Tx, USA | Registered: June 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post