Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Philly Non-Sports Card Show - Apr 22 & 23, 2017
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Philly Non-Sports Card Show - Apr 22 & 23, 2017
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
The 66th Philly Non-Sports Card Show takes place April 22 & 23 at the Merchants Square Mall in Allentown, PA. I wanted to pass along a bit more info as we work on website updates.

- In honor of 50 years of Wacky Packages and 32 year of Garbage Pail Kids, our show's theme this time will be Garbage Pail Kids and Wacky Packages.

- Guests at the 66th Philly Show will be: Neil Camera, Layron DeJarnette, Smokin' Joe, Chad Scheres, Joe Simko, and Jeff Zapata.

- Hotels - Once again, we are using the Hilton Garden Inn as our host hotel and will also be offering discounted rooms at the Wingate by Windham. You can book at the Hilton Garden Inn (1787-B Airport Rd, Allentown, PA 18109) for $92 per night including breakfast. Use the booking code PNS and book by 4/6.

The Wingate by Windham is offering a rate of $99 which also includes breakfast. To book at the Wingate, you will need to call the hotel at 610-366-1600. Book by 4/1 for the show rate.

- We are working on some special things this time but can not announce those details just yet. Please keep an eye out both here and on the Philly Non-Sports Card Show website ( phillynon-sportscardshow.com) which should be re-launched soon with the 66th show details.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
The Philly Non-Sports Card Show website is now back up and running (with just a couple of pages yet to be updated). The info for the April 22/23 show is now listed including guests, hotel information, etc. Have a look:

Philly Non-Sports Card Show website

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
We're hosting a dinner at the upcoming 66th show. In keeping with our Wacky Packages and Garbage Pail Kids theme, our dinner will be similarly themed as well. And you can dine with the six exhibiting artists and receive an exclusive (and very limited-edition) promo card with art by George Wright.

Details are here: http://phillynon-sportscardshow.com/dinner/

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Who is coming to the show? Hammer and I will be there!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
Who is coming to the show? Hammer and I will be there!

are you trying to put people off? Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
I wish I could go. I hope everyone will have a great time at the show. Please take a lot of photos. Smile

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elaine Perna:
I wish I could go Smile
Frown Frown

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
Couldn't make the last two years but I will be attending this year and bringing my daughter for her first time.

Bring your Grundy's!

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
This list of exhibitors for this weekend's Philly Show is now online here.

Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, I cannot attend this year's spring show. I wish I could. I always have a great time. The move into April from May doesn't work for me. I hope the dates for the Fall show will line up better for me.

Have a great time everyone!

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
We will miss seeing you Curler hope you can make the fall show. Hammer and Mrs. Hammer are here as well as I hoping for a great show and some extracurricular activities as well first order of business is to have a beer!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Day one has finished and day two is nearly starting. Seemed to be a good turnout yesterday and dealers appeared to be doing well. It was nice to have a brand new product like game of thrones available at the show. The show exclusive garbage pail kids set sold out its Saturday allocation and it was good to see so youngsters there buying packs and boxes. Missed having the Byers at the show but cryptozoic had some samples of upcoming sets (and supergirls tiny skirt) plus they had their spin the wheel giveway and I got a nice sketch.

Plenty of vintage dealers appeared busy as well. Really if you live within travelling distance of the show and you collect trading cards you must attend, the Tosers do a great job in hosting the event. I even hear there is a special card at the meeting this morning Big Grin.

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of andynova
posted Hide Post
I had a nice time at the show Saturday. It seemed to me that it was a bit more crowded this year than previous, which is always good. I loved the metal Philly promo card #97. It was quite a surprise to get that. Thanks to Harris for all his hard work on the show.

I was able to find some of my needs from the various dealers. I am always amazed at the sheer selection that is available. Notably absent from the show was any presence from Rittenhouse and Breygent, whether in attendance or providing promos. Had a nice chat with George Wright about his Galactic Groceries.

See you in October.

Posts: 106 | Location: West Chester, PA, USA | Registered: December 18, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
It looks like the show went well.

Were the dates announced for the next show?

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curler:
It looks like the show went well.

Were the dates announced for the next show?

Hi Curler:

Good question! The dates for the Fall Philly Show are October 21 & 22.

Thanks!

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I forgot to post, but as usual I had a great time at the show on Sunday. The GPK panel in the morning was great!

It's always nice seeing my friends again. Missed a few regulars, hope all is well with them.

Really enjoyed all the promos. Not as many as usual, but the quality certainly made up for the quantity. I know Bill DeFranzo was the one who made up the super-helpful promo checklists, it would be nice to see them continue.

Bought a couple Star Wars boxes, got an auto I needed from one, but of course out of the other box I pulled an auto I purchased separately at the show. Roll Eyes

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post