Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    April 2012 Philly Show Reports
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

April 2012 Philly Show Reports
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post

My Hire Car and European Taxi

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
Oooooo, I spy with my little eye, Spider-man cards at the Rittenhouse booth! Smile Did anybody snap a closer pic? Thanks!

Posts: 209 | Location: El Cajon, California | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I'm sure some pics will up at some point, they had the two different Spider-Man autos and the autographed costume card on display, they are nice looking cards!! Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
I'm sure some pics will up at some point, they had the two different Spider-Man autos and the autographed costume card on display, they are nice looking cards!! Thumb Up

Oh, now I really want to see pictures! Was there a Peter Parker auto and a Spiderman auto, or two Spiderman autos?

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by robomole:
Oooooo, I spy with my little eye, Spider-man cards at the Rittenhouse booth! Smile Did anybody snap a closer pic? Thanks!

No I didn't but as Batman says - They were VERY nice

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
Tony and I had a really great time at the Philly show again. It was really awesome to catch-up with everyone!! Thank you Harris for inviting us again. A LOT of fun was had. Right George? Wink

George and Roxanne Toser

Here are some pics that I was able to take at the show. Smile

Sunday morning breakfast panel

Me and Axebone

Meghan Hetrick's Osiris base card art! It's gorgeous! Smile

Benchwarmer Model Billie Jo Powers

Benchwarmer Models Mary Riley, (George) and Billie Jo Powers

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Elaine Perna,

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
Rhiannon Owens (who else)

Rhiannon Owens (chatting away with SWBill)

Sean Pence setting up his display

Tony Perna wearing an Orca hat (he'll do anything for Godzilla stuff). Wink

Irish beauty Veronica O'Connell

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Day 2 got off to a good start with the Card Talk breakfast. I was the lucky winner of a small box of goodies that included a Doctor Who Big Screen card set, some autographs and a variety of UK promo cards. Thanks again to Alan of Enterprise1999 Trading Cards for donating the prize (which was even wrapped in a cloth with the pattern of the British flag.

Back at the show I finished up some trades with Dave, Brian, Chick and and picked up some things from Tom Unique. I think I ended up getting 7-8 boxes from Dave so I should be all set for open that box day. Smile I spent some time chatting with Szym about his purchases and we compared notes on Cult-Stuff’s Propaganda card set as we were both looking for inserts. I ended up getting 2 sets/packs of Propaganda Posters (and the case card and some loose cloth cards), a pack/set of Age of Sorcery, mini-master sets of Vampirella 2 and Red Sonja, a mini-master Classic Mythology set, the Warlord of Mars preview set, a few sketch cards (scan below) and unopened boxes of the Hildebrandt Brothers, Judgement Day, Marvel 1st Covers, Marvel Universe IV, a couple different pinup girl boxes and a couple of the older Comic Images Spider-Man boxes. I also picked up a sketchbook from Axebone... you can't really beat a full color sketch book for $10 - and it came with 3 limited promo cards.

Attendance seemed much higher than for Sunday and there were also a couple of television camera crews walking around. I don’t know how much of the increased attendance was due to the Benchwarmer girls and Twin Galaxies but I’m sure both had something to do with it. There didn’t seem to be much crossover between the video gamers and the rest of the show but I think that it was a different and pleasant weekend for both groups.

A Disney patch from Kevin LePore and Disney Parking card from Bill DeFranzo

My sketch card acquisitions for the weekend

Assorted Disney and Hanna Barbera cards tha

A small sample of my CardTalk prize

Thanks again to everyone who supplied prizes and promos for the show. I’m looking forward to the Pop Art Con in June.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Great reports everyone! I really love your pictures, Elaine, especially the one of Rhi with her name on her head and the ones of George.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I got back from the Show late Tuesday feeling VERY tired as I find it difficult to sleep on planes.

First I would like thank Harris his Mother and Father along with the other NSU team for the very friendly welcome to the Europeans who attended the Show.

They worked tirelessly throughout to make the Show the success it was.

I spent most of my time looking through dealers binders for missing cards from my want and picked up a few.

My first purchase a case/pack lot of West-Authentic Show exclusive packs will post the breakdown in a day or two on the Box Breakdown section.

I was pleased that the Brit Box I put together went down well.

As one of the Europeans who benefitted from Hammer's assistance I would like to state how much I appreciated it as the U.S. does not appear to have heard of Public Transport, not in AllenTown at least.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Thumb Up

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
I got back from the Show late Tuesday feeling VERY tired as I find it difficult to sleep on planes.

First I would like thank Harris his Mother and Father along with the other NSU team for the very friendly welcome to the Europeans who attended the Show.

They worked tirelessly throughout to make the Show the success it was.

I spent most of my time looking through dealers binders for missing cards from my want and picked up a few.

My first purchase a case/pack lot of West-Authentic Show exclusive packs will post the breakdown in a day or two on the Box Breakdown section.

I was pleased that the Brit Box I put together went down well.

As one of the Europeans who benefitted from Hammer's assistance I would like to state how much I appreciated it as the U.S. does not appear to have heard of Public Transport, not in AllenTown at least.

Yeah, outside of the major cities there is no public transportation. Everything is just to spread out and to many people, thats why everyone must own a car here if you live out side of a major city, or rent one when you travel to locations like these here.

Posts: 522 | Location: New York City | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
How far is the show from Philadelphia?

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:

60-90 mins I think, not 100% sure but at least 1 hour I think

Posts: 522 | Location: New York City | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Minimum 90 min drive

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:

The Merchants Square Mall is also just about the same distance to Newark Liberty as it is from Philadelphia International, so you might consider flying into Newark if you are considering coming, Triple-Frog. Plus you can get some discounted rates into Newark since it's a large airport.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
quote:

The Merchants Square Mall is also just about the same distance to Newark Liberty as it is from Philadelphia International, so you might consider flying into Newark if you are considering coming, Triple-Frog. Plus you can get some discounted rates into Newark since it's a large airport.

JFK is the cheapest to fly in to, you then can take the A train to penn station or port authority, meet up with someone coming to the show from NYC to get a ride there and back. as well, I would only do this if you were to save a couple hundred less

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
When I was coming to the USA two or three times a year I always came through Newark as it's the only direct UK-USA flight from my local airport in Birmingham.

I had visited Philadelphia about 10 years ago to see some baseball and ice hockey games before going on to my usual stop in Las Vegas and really enjoyed it.

Visiting the USA is not an option at the moment but if circumstances change I would hope to combine the Philly show into my plans.Until then I will have to make do with seeing you at the NEC Harris Smile .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

I drive through Philly from NJ and it takes me about 80 minutes. So from Philly, figure a little less than that.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
no more pics?

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post