Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    April 2012 Philly Show Reports
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

April 2012 Philly Show Reports
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Excellent reports, one and all Thumb Up Can't wait until I'm fit enough to attend Wave

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I can't believe that no one has posted about these cool pens we got at the Card Talk gathering Sunday morning. Roxanne, Alan, Marlin, Harris and Bill all staring at me while I sit here paying the bills! Big Grin

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by damien:
no more pics?

I have some but I still haven't had the time to get them ready. We at deadline on the next issue which hasn't given me a lot of free time. I am working on the Card Talk artists' panel video tonight though and hopefully that will be online shortly. Smile

Batman~ Thanks for pointing that out. That was probably the coolest promo of the show, wasn't it? Wink

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
I can't believe that no one has posted about these cool pens we got at the Card Talk gathering Sunday morning. Roxanne, Alan, Marlin, Harris and Bill all staring at me while I sit here paying the bills! Big Grin

I didn't see those. Frown

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
will list a couple of my sketch pick ups

starting with my favorite
Rhiannon Owens - Dungeon Dolls Oversized AP

we all missed Trevor Murphy
- but this made up for it

and of course Veronica was there

my Mythology sketches can be found on my website
perna studios

- I was lucky enough to get one of the Philly limited sketch cards

another Rhiannon - can't have enough of them

and I finally got the sketch that was started at last falls show - Rogue tribute

Sean Pence-Rhiannon Owens-Michael Potter-Tony Perna

all that in the first 15 minutes of the show Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hcbrewer,

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Batman~ Thanks for pointing that out. That was probably the coolest promo of the show, wasn't it? Wink

It certainly shows you in a much younger time!!! Big Grin

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Really nice sketches Chris. Thumb Up

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hcbrewer:

and I finally got the sketch that was started at last falls show - Rogue tribute

Sean Pence-Rhiannon Owens-Michael Potter-Tony Perna

all that in the first 15 minutes of the show Smile

Looks even better in Real-Life - FANTASTIC piece of Art Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sad to say, but I used the pen all day and didn't even notice the pictures on it.

It is a cool pen.

Dave

quote:

Posts: 507 | Location: MA | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Moulder:
Sad to say, but I used the pen all day and didn't even notice the pictures on it.

It is a cool pen.

Dave

quote:

So much for fame. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elaine Perna:
quote:

Hmmmmm.......Incentive to get the Perna's back to Allentown. I like it!! Smile Smile Smile

My mother put a show report on the blog today:

Philly Non-Sports Show Report

And this afternoon, we should have the artist panel up on the blog for anyone who would like to see it.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Elaine Perna:
quote:

Hmmmmm.......Incentive to get the Perna's back to Allentown. I like it!! Smile Smile Smile

My mother put a show report on the blog today:

Philly Non-Sports Show Report

And this afternoon, we should have the artist panel up on the blog for anyone who would like to see it.

Great report Roxanne! I saw the camera crews on Sunday, but I had no idea that the show also had some coverage in the newspaper.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
The artist panel is up and online now too. You can see it on the blog:

Philly Show Artists’ Q&A Panel

Or on YouTube:

YouTube - Aritsts' Q&A Panel at Spring Philly Non-Sports Card Show

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
The artist panel is up and online now too. You can see it on the blog:

Philly Show Artists’ Q&A Panel

Or on YouTube:

YouTube - Aritsts' Q&A Panel at Spring Philly Non-Sports Card Show

Very cool!

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
GREAT SHOW REPORTS & PIX...

ALLENTOWN HAS BECOME THE PROMISED LAND FOR NON-SPORTS COLLECTORS! Thumb Up

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Greetings fellow Card Collectors, Just wanted to say how much fun I had at the show, it was my first, took my son with me and we had a blast, picked up a box of Samurai Jack, set of Planet of the Apes, Family Guy Star Wars New Hope, 2 sets of Star Trek: Remastered and 40th Anniversary, and last but not least a Box of LOST cards. Thank you Marlin & Roxanne, see you guys next year, what a cool show!

Posts: 3 | Location: NYC | Registered: April 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigma253:
Greetings fellow Card Collectors, Just wanted to say how much fun I had at the show, it was my first, took my son with me and we had a blast, picked up a box of Samurai Jack, set of Planet of the Apes, Family Guy Star Wars New Hope, 2 sets of Star Trek: Remastered and 40th Anniversary, and last but not least a Box of LOST cards. Thank you Marlin & Roxanne, see you guys next year, what a cool show!

Very nice of you to post this, Sigma253. Welcome to Card Talk. See you at the next show! Smile

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
OK, here come just a few photos from Barbara Chance. To see more of Barbara's awesome photos, pick-up the upcoming Jun/Jul issue of Non-Sport Update. We'll have more of them in the issue - in fact, we have a good many of Cliff Tooker's and Barbara Chance's photos in the issue.

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post

Artist Sean Pence (photo by Barbara Chance)

Artist David Gross (photo by Barbara Chance)

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post

Artists Tony and Elaine Perna photo by Barbara Chance

The NSU Card Talk Artists Q&A Panel (l to r): Elaine Perna, Tony Perna, Rhiannon Owens, and Axebone photo by Barbara Chance