Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Wizard World Chicago
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wizard World Chicago
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted
My Booth is already Lined-Up

I had a great time at WW Columbus

This Line-Up is Fantastic

David Tennant
Alex Kingston
John Barrowman
Catherine Tate
Jenna Coleman
Elizabeth Olsen - Scarlet Witch
Paul Bettany - Vision
The Hardy Boyz - WWE
Alexa Bliss - WWE
Kevin Owens - WWE
Charlotte Flair - WWE
Roman Reigns - WWE
Danny Trejo
Lennie James
Jon Heder
Christian Kane
Gene Simmons
Michael Rooker
Tom Wilson
Summer Glau
Jewel Staite
Elizabeth Henstridge
Cobie Smulders
Colin Donnell
Gaten Matarazzo
Caleb McLaughlin
Billy Boyd
Loni Anderson
John Cusack
Charisma Carpenter
Nicholas Brendon
Dean Cain
Kevin Conroy
Loren Lester
Thomas Ian Nicholas
Barry Bostwick
Kevin Sorbo
Lou Ferrigno
&

MORE GUESTS COMING SOON

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I would have thought more guests was bad for you and your booth, people will have no money left to spend with you.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I did not realize that John Cusack appeared at shows

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:

Considering what he gives you as an autograph, meeting him in-person is the only reason why a fan might want to pay. His signature is such a disgrace, I have never thought his certified cards worth the money just because they are not cheap and the autograph is one of the worst you will ever see.

Yeah, this is an entertainment show like all of the Cons have become. The guests will take up all the money and all the time on lines. The people walking around in their cute outfits never buy a thing. Big Grin

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
I have to disagree, Columbus did Very well for me.

but I do Specialize to an extreme.

My Photobooks went over Very Well & so did my photos... Cards did OK. My Biggest Seller?

John Barrowman SDCC Cosplay Photo

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:

Considering what he gives you as an autograph, meeting him in-person is the only reason why a fan might want to pay. His signature is such a disgrace, I have never thought his certified cards worth the money just because they are not cheap and the autograph is one of the worst you will ever see.

Yeah, this is an entertainment show like all of the Cons have become. The guests will take up all the money and all the time on lines. The people walking around in their cute outfits never buy a thing. Big Grin

I just didn't think a movie star of his stature would do shows. Sure, he may not be an A list actor anymore, but you never see any of his contemporaries at these things, like the 1980s Brat Pack folks. Maybe I am wrong

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just didn't think a movie star of his stature would do shows. Sure, he may not be an A list actor anymore, but you never see any of his contemporaries at these things, like the 1980s Brat Pack folks. Maybe I am wrong

No, not wrong, its just that you have no way of knowing why or when certain celebrities change their signing habits. You can't say so and so will never do a personal signing. You can't say so and so will never have a certified autograph card in a set. I can name maybe 5 actors I don't expect to see do paid appearances, the are old and rich. Everybody else is up for grabs, including many others who are old and rich. Big Grin

Apart from the general middle career crisis that hits certain celebrities, some of the show appearances are really promotional work for TV shows or films. If an actor is in a type of movie or show that blends well with science fiction or horror or comic fans, the studio may want them to show up for panels and interviews at Cons and such. So that's another reason why we are seeing some of these actors doing personal appearances.

Talking about Cusack, I don't know how rare he is on the circuit, but he has been on certified cards for quite awhile now. There are several products for which he has signed and I wanted to pick one of them up until I saw the autographs. I know he has signed better on some examples of photos that I have seen, but on the cards I looked at its just JC that is barely readable, except you know it must be JC. Frown

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, I looked at Cusack's signature on ebay and it is awful ! Just a line, nothing decipherable

He's one of these guys who people remember as being the cool, hip fellow from the 1980s and 1990s films, but most of what he's done over the last 10 or so years (with exceptions) seems to be going straight to Video on Demand. He also had a few big budget disaster films in the early 2010s, but at age 51, his career is not what it used to be. Everyone gets old.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?...OOs&feature=youtu.be

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Ouch! Saw that Tennant had to back out last minute due to a family illness.

Seems like a lot of refund demands going down on facebook.

You notice any painful drops in attendance because of it?

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post