Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Philly Show Promos - May 2016
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Philly Show Promos - May 2016
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
We've started a new page on the Philly Non-Sports Card Show website for promo cards that will be given away at the upcoming show in May. You can find the page here: Philly Non-Sports Card Show site - Promos.

So far, there are just a few cards shown but we'll have many, many more to add in the days leading up to the show on May 14 & 15. You'll see them all collected on the promo page of the Philly Non-Sports Card Show website.

First of all, we'll have two red border Philly Show promo cards to give away at the door in promo packs. What will they be? Come to the show and find out!

In addition to those, we'll have a Spellcasters II promo card to give away to show attendees from Perna Studios. The card features art by Jessica Hickman and is numbered P4. It will be given away in Saturday's promo packs which all collectors will receive on entry to the show while supplies last. See it below:

Perna Studios has several other promo cards planned so stay tuned for more on that as well as they rest of them.

See you at the show. It's two months away and still lot of time to plan to be there!

Posts: 12994 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Nice Smile

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Below is the next Philly Non-Sports Card Show free promo card. This one is from Perna Studios and is the Spellcasters II P5 promo card. The card features art by Mike Rooth. It will be given away in Sunday's promo packs which all collectors attending on Sunday will receive on entry to the show while supplies last. See it below:

Perna Studios has other promo cards planned so stay tuned for more on that as well as promo cards from other manufactures. You can see the promos posted thus far at: Philly Non-Sports Card Show site - Promos.

See you at the show. Plan to be there!

Posts: 12994 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
Great looking card

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Love these Spellcaster's cards. Smile

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
Advance warning - there will be an extremely limited edition UK CardCast promo card at the show - more details to follow!
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Nice Paul!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Quaint1:
Advance warning - there will be an extremely limited edition UK CardCast promo card at the show - more details to follow!
Au Res.,
Paul

Excellent. See you there.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Below is another free promo card that will be given away at the upcoming Philly Non-Sports Card Show. This is another card from Perna Studios, this time featuring art from their upcoming Hallowe'en: Witchcraft series. The card features art by Juri H. Chinchilla. It is numbered P1 and will be given away at Perna Studios artist table during the show. See it below:

There will be one more card given away by Perna Studios, which we'll post here soon. And of course there are more promos from other manufacturers to be posted soon. So be sure to stay tuned. You can see the promos posted thus far at: Philly Non-Sports Card Show site - Promos.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Nice

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
WOW, that Witchcraft promo looks great! I cannot WAIT for this set to come out!! Bouncey Dance Elephant

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
Those are great looking promo cards. I wonder what will be posted next.

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Hi All:

Here is the last of four free promo cards from Perna Studios to be given away at the upcoming Philly Non-Sports Card Show. This one is another terrific card from Perna Studios' upcoming Hallowe'en: Witchcraft series. The card features art by Lynne Anderson. It is numbered P2 and will be given away at Perna Studios artist table during the show. See it below:

There will be several more promo cards to show from other card manufacturers so be sure to stay tuned. You can see the promos posted thus far at: Philly Non-Sports Card Show site - Promos.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Lovely

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Below is the next Philly Non-Sports Card Show free promo card. This show exclusive card is from Iron Dead Studios and is for their Iron Dead Legends 2016 trading card series. The promo card is unnumbered. It will be given away in promo packs while supplies last. See it below:

We'll have more promo cards from other manufacturers to show off soon so stay tuned. You can see the promos posted thus far at: Philly Non-Sports Card Show site - Promos.

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Here is another promo card that will be given away the Philly Non-Sports Card Show. This show exclusive card is from RRParks CARDS and is for their Chronicles of The Three Stooges Series Five. The promo card is numbered #2 PROMO. It is more limited then most and will be given away in random promo packs. See it below:

We'll have more promo cards from other manufacturers to show off soon so stay tuned. You can see the promos posted thus far at: Philly Non-Sports Card Show site - Promos.

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Below are images of two more promo cards that will be available at the upcoming Philly Non-Sports Card Show. These show exclusive cards are for the Monsterwax series Dinosaur Galaxy. They are Promo 3 and Promo 4 and since they are more limited then others, they will be included in random promo packs given away with paid admission to the show.

We'll have more promo cards from other manufacturers to show off soon. You can see all of the promo cards posted thus far on the promo page of the Philly Non-Sports Card Show website.

See you at the show.

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Here are two metal cards that will be available at the upcoming Philly Non-Sports Card Show on May 14 & 15.

The card below is a tribute to friend of NSU Cliff Tooker, who passed away last year. The photo on the front was taken by Cliff. The metal card will cost $10 and proceeds will be donated to one of Cliff's favorite charities, Capital Area Greenbelt Association (CAGA). Only 20 silver cards have been produced. We haven't confirmed it yet but I think the card will be available for sale at the prize table. The card has been produced by UK CardCast and Faerie Metal.

The second metal card is also from UK CardCast and will available to the first 25 attendees each day. The card promotes the UK CardCast podcast.

Get to the show early to get one!

There will be VERY limited variant versions of both cards. Check with Paul Bines (aka Quaint1) for details on the distribution of those.

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Darn it! Why o Why Can't I make it! Everyone needs a card of Paul!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
Sorry Barrett! Big Grin

As Harris mentioned, there are variants of both cards - in fact, he posted a picture of one of them! The Ring-Tailed Gull picture is of the Gold variant, which is limited to 5. One of these is for my personal archive, one is for Carol Tooker, who kindly gave her permission to use Cliff's photography for the card - this leaves three, of which one will be a raffle prize (assuming there is a raffle) at the Card Talk meeting on Sunday morning - if there isn't a raffle, I might run an informal auction for it, with the proceeds going to the same charity as the regular cards. the other two are probably going to be competition prizes on my podcast and probably here on Card Talk. The regular card is silver, limited to 20 and will be sold for $10 at the show.

My card (the UK CardCast card) also has variants - gold and silver numbered cards, limited to 5 each. (the regular card is limited to 50 total and is unnumbered)
Again, I'm keeping a pair of the variants, and will likely offer a pair as a raffle prize, the rest I will make available as competition prizes here and on the podcast.

I should say that I don't have ANY of these cards at the moment - I won't see them until the show! I suspect the Cliff Tooker Ring-Tailed Gull card will be extremely popular, so if you want one, get to the show early!
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post