Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    PHILLY SHOW REPORTS WHERE ?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PHILLY SHOW REPORTS WHERE ?
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of john the hat
posted
WHERE NOTHING THAT BAD GOOD GRIEF

Posts: 1115 | Location: England | Registered: March 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'll post something more detailed when I'm more awake - which may be tomorrow Smile The short version is I picked up most of the promos (if there was one for the Brady Bunch I missed it), picked up lots of cards through trades, sold some artwork and bought a Scooby Doo bobblehead for $1. In other words, I had fun. Smile
It was great meeting my fellow artists in person - who knew so many of us were Stitch fans? Smile
Thanks to the Tosers for inviting me and running a fun show (as always). Thanks also to all the manufacturers that showed up and supported the show with promos and raffle/door prizes.
Special thanks to Cliff and Carol for the pumpin contest idea. Hopefully this becomes a tradition at the October show.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Have you checked the blog? Confused

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of john the hat
posted Hide Post
thank you laura nice to see someone cares love you john

Posts: 1115 | Location: England | Registered: March 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of john the hat
posted Hide Post
cant read blog stupid colors

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
I'll tell you, it was a great show. It seemed like the place was buzzing with people on Saturday(I hope the dealers & artists reaped the rewards). Also, there were a TON of promos offered, more than I can remember in recent times. I saw a lot more older cards being offered than in recent memory too. I was a lucky winner of one of Rittenhouse's raffles(won a Eureka S1 & 2 premium pack). I picked up a Dean Stockwell Twilight Zone auto that I've needed for quite some time, and we visited with our friends....a very nice time indeed.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WandringRebel:
The short version is I picked up most of the promos (if there was one for the Brady Bunch I missed it)

It was behind the stand display on the table, Robert said they were pretty limited so you had to ask for one.

I always have a great time at the show. I'm glad to see new artists all the time. I was there for 4 hours and still hadn't walked the whole room because I was talking with everyone.

Hunting down the promos is fun! Again, there were so many it was nice to pick up the checklist on the way in. It came in very handy as I would have missed a few had I not checked it.

Made a nice trade with Mccheese8472 for one of the Disney Transportation cards I needed - thanks so much.

Best thing about the show - I picked up a Mike Lilly sketch card from the 1st Classic Sci-Fi/Horror Movie Posters set, completing my MASTER SET!! I've been hunting one down for a looooong time, and found a dealer that actually had two! Now I've got everything that was released for the set, I'll have to post pics at some point. Elephant

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
quote:
Originally posted by WandringRebel:
The short version is I picked up most of the promos (if there was one for the Brady Bunch I missed it)

It was behind the stand display on the table, Robert said they were pretty limited so you had to ask for one.

I always have a great time at the show. I'm glad to see new artists all the time. I was there for 4 hours and still hadn't walked the whole room because I was talking with everyone.

Hunting down the promos is fun! Again, there were so many it was nice to pick up the checklist on the way in. It came in very handy as I would have missed a few had I not checked it.

Made a nice trade with Mccheese8472 for one of the Disney Transportation cards I needed - thanks so much.

Best thing about the show - I picked up a Mike Lilly sketch card from the 1st Classic Sci-Fi/Horror Movie Posters set, completing my MASTER SET!! I've been hunting one down for a looooong time, and found a dealer that actually had two! Now I've got everything that was released for the set, I'll have to post pics at some point. Elephant

Next time I'll have to carry the checklist with me... not sure why I didn't think to ask about the Brady promo. Oh well.

Congrats on completing your Master set!

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I had a great time at the show on Saturday. I only made one purchase but it was a biggie. I noticed over the last few Philly shows Kevin from K & J cards had the Star Trek Chris Pine autograph I desperately wanted but I could never get myself to spend that much on it. But now I got tired of waiting. That card just doesn't show up on eBay anymore! And with the all the Pine fakes floating around I'm not sure I would trust one off of eBay anyway. I wanted to buy from a reputable seller. So I decided if he still had it at this show I would step up and buy it. And thankfully he did. So I did. Now I'm very happy.Smile A big thank you to Kevin!

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm still sorting through all the cards I picked up (thanks to trades with Dave Moulder and Chick). In addition to some base sets I picked up a bunch of Disney cards, which is always my goal.Smile I also came home with some cool prizes... I won a Eureka Premium pack at the show on Sunday and someone was nice enough to give me the Suckadelic Series 3 packs they had won at the CT breakfast (and I pulled 2 lenticular puzzle pieces!). It seems like the manufacturers really went all out this year, not just with promo cards but prizes during the weekend as well. Rittenhouse not only was doing prizes at the show but at the Card Talk breakfast a lucky person walked away with an entire BOX of Eureka Premium packs. Cryptozoic once again sponsored the CT breakfast and they also gave away a box of their CBLDF cards. Other CT breakfast door prizes included some Suckadelic Series 3 packs from Sidekick Labs, autograph cards from Studio E, a set of all 5 Benchwarmer promos given out at the show (which included the dealer exclusive autograph card) and Wacky boxes and packs from Topps. Paul Bines also contributed some prizes (including some cool little Doctor Who figures). Thanks to everyone (the Tosers, Batman, Cliff, Alan, Bill, etc) for putting together the Card Talk breakfast each year.

I think that's about it. It was great seeing everyone (I'm not listing names because I always leave someone out) and it was great to finally meet Paul Bines in person! Kudos to Cabbie for putting that entire campaign together.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: WandringRebel,

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Sorry! Just got back from 17 hours of driving up to the show. I was only there on Sat. and had a ton of fun. I met up with a lot of old and new faces. The selection was 10x better than 8 years ago when I last attended. Made a super trade with Jane and then another great trade with Tom Wright (TWS). Won 6 signed comics from 5infinity. Got a deal of 3 boxes of cards one was Six Feet Under for my wife and she got the auto she wanted Peter Krause. Got 2 boxes of Twilight Zone 50th and got 7 autos I needed and 1 duplicate. Brought back home a box of Mad Magazine series II for my son that loved it. Went to the Red Robin gathering and had a good time. I felt really bad for the waitress who was waiting on 24 people who were not ordering food. It was her first "group" and she was really flustered. I ended up giving here 20.00 for a 2.00 Soda because she seemed like a really sweet kid. Went to the breakfast. Did not win anything but talked with Kurt from Crypt. and Steve from Rittenhouse afterwards. Had a nice talk with both. Really excited about The Guild, Smallville 7 to 10 and Big Bang coming out from Kurt and the gang.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:

I know I'm going to regret this, and it will probably be deleted, but...

We are card collectors, we are here on a non-sports site, not facebook. "the blog."

Not all those words are mine, so don't blame me...

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5080 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of john the hat
posted Hide Post
well said thats why I started this link you have said what I could not have put in words, also thought Mr Bines would have done a Special report
after all this was all about Paul and not dee for once

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by john the hat:
well said thats why I started this link you have said what I could not have put in words, also thought Mr Bines would have done a Special report
after all this was all about Paul and not dee for once

I know that Paul did LOTS of interviews with people at the show but he's still here in the States doing some sightseeing. I'm sure that by next week (when he's home) and has had time to recover we'll see a full report from him.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Personaly I slept most of Monday. Got home around 11:30 Sunday night and then was too wired to go to sleep.

High Light of the trip included some massive trades with Tom Jr., Wayne from Zenos, Laura, Stormy, Kevin, Craig and lots of other fine people. The van was full Sunday night.

Came home with negative money, but thats not an odd occurence for this show. I go to get cards to take home to the shows in MA.

Low light of the trip was being awaken at 2:30 saturday night by an idiot playing his car stereo in the parking lot and dancing. I'm assuming he was really ripped.

It was nice seeing everyone again, but this might be my last philly show as a dealer.

Can't wait for my annual birthday party swap at the house in December. If you've never been ask me how to get invited.

Dave

Posts: 507 | Location: MA | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Moulder:

Low light of the trip was being awaken at 2:30 saturday night by an idiot playing his car stereo in the parking lot and dancing. I'm assuming he was really ripped.

Dave

His name wasn't Paul Bines by any chance was it? Big Grin

Posts: 29000 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
quote:
know I'm going to regret this, and it will probably be deleted, but...

We are card collectors, we are here on a non-sports site, not facebook. "the blog."

Not all those words are mine, so don't blame me...

Ed

It's the NSU blog, it's part of this site, an extention of NSU, to try to expand the hobby and NSU's exposure, among other reasons. Maybe if you took the time to actually ask that question or think about it you wouldn't post such ****.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
Sorry! Just got back from 17 hours of driving up to the show. I was only there on Sat. and had a ton of fun. I met up with a lot of old and new faces. The selection was 10x better than 8 years ago when I last attended. Made a super trade with Jane and then another great trade with Tom Wright (TWS). Won 6 signed comics from 5infinity. Got a deal of 3 boxes of cards one was Six Feet Under for my wife and she got the auto she wanted Peter Krause. Got 2 boxes of Twilight Zone 50th and got 7 autos I needed and 1 duplicate. Brought back home a box of Mad Magazine series II for my son that loved it. Went to the Red Robin gathering and had a good time. I felt really bad for the waitress who was waiting on 24 people who were not ordering food. It was her first "group" and she was really flustered. I ended up giving here 20.00 for a 2.00 Soda because she seemed like a really sweet kid. Went to the breakfast. Did not win anything but talked with Kurt from Crypt. and Steve from Rittenhouse afterwards. Had a nice talk with both. Really excited about The Guild, Smallville 7 to 10 and Big Bang coming out from Kurt and the gang.

Your wife has that special box 'touch' - lol! What autographs did you get from your TZ Box?

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
That only contains one report and the thread title is asking about 'reports', as in plural Smile In previous years, there have been several reports posted both during and immediately after the show. Things have been a little slow turning up this time around.

I personally don't expect to see a report from Paul Bines until he gets back to the UK. That's when he will be able to give it all his time and attention. Hopefully, he is currently enjoying his stay in the USA Thumb Up

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Now Now cardtalkers lets not start falling out on reports for cardshows - it is only Tuesday. I know we all like to hear about the shows but lets start complaining NEXT week Big Grin

Posts: 12156 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post