Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SDCC 2018
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
Are we having the traditional Card Talk meetup/dinner on Saturday night? It's always one of the highlights for me, nice to sit and chat with folks and find out about the stuff I didn't find yet.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, we are!! Same place as last year, I believe, just have to confirm the details with Nat. Smile

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Hurray. Surf

Posts: 28997 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hopefully I will be able to find the meet up this y
ear. I went to the restaurant and the hostess had no clue and I e-mailed a couple people and no one replied so I left.

Posts: 193 | Location: Ca | Registered: June 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pendragon
posted Hide Post
Hi All, Yes I can officially announce that we are indeed having the SDCC Card Talk Meetup/Dinner On Saturday night July 21 @ 7:30pm at the Seasons 52 restaurant. Same place as last year. 789 W Harbor Dr. Walking distance from the Convention Center and right next door to the Manchester Grand Hyatt. If you are interested in attending please RSVP to either Natalie (NL) or myself Pendragon with the number in your party. We will need a head count for the seating and other surprises. Looking forward to seeing one and all!

Posts: 429 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: January 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hello,

Thanks Jerry and Debi for posting. We are at the same venue Seasons 52 across from the Manchester Hyatt, starting at 7 pm. Will be emailing or dming peeps to confirm as we need close to an accurate count.

Getting everything ready so all that Cardtalkers need to do is order and have a great time.

Gonna have some giveaways, prizes and changing up some stuff so please rsvp and join us at the Con Cardtalk dinner!

NL

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
Please include me in your count.
Bob

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like the show is getting some bad publicity from the media, unfortunately

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/18...n-preview/index.html

Posts: 3988 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
The press can write lots of articles about the darker side of celebrity fans, just take a look at the comments on social media. The fan sites themselves are overrun with stans and shippers and trolls. SDCC has nothing to do with it, except as a huge outlet for the studios to heavily promote their new products and showcase their star actors. Its supposed to be good press.

If the celebrities themselves are souring on meeting their public at large gatherings because of things that show up on fans sites or Twitter or whatever, that's a different matter and not the fault of any event.

Posts: 10366 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thank you NL, Debi and Jerry for organizing another fun dinner.This is always one of the highlights of SDCC for me as it's nice to sit down and catch up with everyone. Thanks also to everyone who donated prizes for the raffle.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post