Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Topps UK Roadshow.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Topps UK Roadshow.
 Login/Join

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted
Topps will be doing a UK Roadshow around the country, loads of cards, competitions, games etc.

Oct 26th Newcastle Metro Centre

Oct 28th Manchester Arndale Centre.

Oct 29th Dudley, Merry Hill Centre.. Smile Thumb Up.........5 miles from me.

Oct 30th London Westfield Stratford City

Oct 31st London Westfield Shepherds Bush

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Too bad they are not bringing this to Memorabilia.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Newcastle one is close to me but I'll be in bed sleeping s it's between night shifts. I'll others know about though.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Too bad they are not bringing this to Memorabilia.

Topps UK no longer attend shows for reasons best known to themselves.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Off to the roadshow tomorrow, see what it's all about. Smile

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Take some pictures, if you can!

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Take some pictures, if you can!

They have loads of pictures up on facebook from the Newcastle one on Saturday.

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Had a great time at the Roadshow today. Topps got exactly what they wanted, thousands of young children at the event playing the games, taking part in the demonstrations and getting all the freebies.

Full report on this including photos will be on the blog when I get around to doing it.

What do you mean do it now. Big Grin

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Had a great time at the Roadshow today. Topps got exactly what they wanted, thousands of young children at the event playing the games, taking part in the demonstrations and getting all the freebies.

Full report on this including photos will be on the blog when I get around to doing it.

What do you mean do it now. Big Grin

I stopped going to the Topps events when I noticed I was about 40 years older than everyone else there.

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Wolfie did a great report from the Topps Half Term Roadshow. Have a look:

Topps Hits The Road In The UK

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I never heard Wolfie talk so much before! I agree an outstanding report! Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
Fantastic report, well done Wolfie. Thumb Up

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Great report

Traded with: RupT, Mar53, LUZNDAVE, Cardz_house , INDYPAT75, blwilson, KADRAN00157, Card Reaper, Tangent, Shaunicus, Ifish, wolfie, rwn410, Geoff bovey, WarriorBabe, womble

Posts: 855 | Location: Coventry - England | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Salama
posted Hide Post
Very good report by Wolfie, great pics. It must be fun to visit shows like this Thumb Up

Posts: 188 | Location: Finland | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Thank you for all the kind words, much appreciated. Clap

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
Around the UK if you can make it:-

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
No show near me this time unfortunatly. Frown

I assume those Milton Keynes, Manchester and London shows tie in with school holidays as they are weekday shows.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
I popped into the Manchester show today. It was extremely busy with kids playing Match Attax and swapping cards with each other. Anybody else remember when they actually traded trading cards?

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WOMBLE:

Anybody else remember when they actually traded trading cards?

Wave

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WOMBLE:
I popped into the Manchester show today. It was extremely busy with kids playing Match Attax and swapping cards with each other. Anybody else remember when they actually traded trading cards?

That is the good thing about Match Attax, cheap packets and accessable to younger people and available in the local newsagents. It's not the same as main stream card collecting though. I would be interested to know if they were swapping any of the Star Wars trading cards? Topps UK (Merlin) have always done the sticker sets very well (I remember they used to have events to swap the Premier League stickers)and the Attax cards with a game as well as a nice card set seem to sell well.

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post