Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Chicago Expo Spring Fling March 12th, 2011 & Another Treasure Chest of Art opportunty
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chicago Expo Spring Fling March 12th, 2011 & Another Treasure Chest of Art opportunty
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Everything paid for has been packed and will ship out in Tuesday's mail! Thumb Up

8 Sketch Cards left to reserve? Anyone?

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Hi Ed, put me down for 21 and 25. Money order on the way.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My first two choices arrived today as below

Choice 5 by Dave Dorman 483/5000
[IMG:left] [/IMG]

Choice 35 by Daniel Bergen

Ed

many thanks for your Sci Fi P3 promo and the Dangerous Divas P1 promo

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
That Wall-E is awesome!
Clap

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Ed,

I will take 43 and 47.

Thanks mucho!
NL

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Reservations are up to date!

Only 4 sketches left in this one!

Ed

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Lizzy:
That Wall-E is awesome!
Clap

Thanks Miss Lizzy

I had no idea who the character was but I do now. I failed to notice the name on the robot and even if I had it would have still meant nothing to me. A friend I showed the card to (after seeing your post) revealed the story.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
All request that have been paid for have been shipped!

4 Left. Any takers for 1 or all?

Ed

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hey Ed.....I'll take #28

Greg

Posts: 1357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Go on, Ed. I'll take the remaining 3.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
And with that... We are done!

Just a few left for payment and we can get these off my desk. Cool

Thanks to all who participated. Clap

Ed

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Collectors and Artists and Dealers !!!

Mark your calendars - there will be 4 shows in Chicago area this year and I am working on 2 shows in Ohio. Unfortunately, MO. appears to have been put on the back burner, for now.
Mar 12th is the next up and coming show. I will be introducing a very special, low cost admission- We will be doing this through offering, for the first time- An annual admission pass- good for all of the CECE Shows in the country !
The base admission for any single show will remain the same at $ 4.00 per person daily for general admission and $ 8.00 per person, daily for Early Bird Admission, however, with the pass, you pay a one time fee of $ 10.00 general admission, or $ 15.00 Early Bird Admission and you can come and go all year long, no matter where the show is held in the US!
There are ways to be the economic downturn and I am here to help!
This is the first time we are offering such a spectacular deal and looking forward to seeing many of you come out in March to purchase your Annual passes. I will try to have something special for the First 100 Annual Pass Holders as well! it's a surprise!
Thanks and see you all there!
Paul
There will be other special announcements following.
Thanks and have a great night!
Paul

Posts: 955 | Location: HICKORY HILLS IL | Registered: April 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Please make one of the Chicago shows a 2-dayer. It's hard to justify 15 hours of driving for a 4 hour show. Regret a Missouri show did not work out, but I'm not really surprised. Thanks for the effort.

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sorry Xtime, 2 day Chicago shows are not in the schedule for 2011.We will miss you, as you are always welcome, anytime.
I will keep you informed on anything closer to home though.
Thanks Paul

Posts: 955 | Location: HICKORY HILLS IL | Registered: April 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Was hoping for at least a 2-day Sept show.
Bummer. Frown

Will very likely miss seeing all my tradin friends this year.

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xtime:
Was hoping for at least a 2-day Sept show.
Bummer. Frown

Will very likely miss seeing all my tradin friends this year.

That sucks. . .

The 1 day format definitely makes the show much less of an 'event.' 4 shows a year gives me the opportunity to pick and choose which ones to visit, so that's a bonus.

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, too, that business in general is down, here and everywhere. It no longer warrants a multiple day event in this area, at least, at this time.Let me share a little insight with everyone. It is much more of a premium for a hotel to lock down a room overnight and lose all the social events they could have had and made more money on.
As you all are aware, I have changed and modified the show format dozens of times adding and subtracting things from the show, trying to keep up with what some people want, and still be affordable for everyone, unfortunately, there just isn't enough of those people to help pay all of the expenses.
Some of the other changes coming are that there will be no or few celebrities, as they too, are costly.
We are streamlining the show to be mean and lean. I feel, at this point, by offering a few more shows, it will help accommodate people's time schedules a little better. By offering the fantastic deal on an annual pass, that also should help the show as well.
So, I do listen to what people have to say, I evaluate it, and use what I think would be beneficial overall. Hopefully, in spite of the economy being what it is, I hope to see more people turn out for the show, every show. We want 2011 to be as successful for the dealers, artists and of course the show itself.
Collectors, please keep in mind, that if it were not for you supporting the shows, there would be NO shows to go to.And I like going to shows too!
Thanks to everyone for coming in the past and hopefully, we can see some of you who have not made it in a while, as well as our regulars.
So, if you have any constructive thoughts, or ideas, please share them with us. I would love to hear them. I would love to discuss the logistics. We are here for you.
Thanks a million and see you all in March.
Paul

posted Hide Post
Hey Paul. . .

You certainly know the economics of your show better than anyone, so whatever you need to do to keep it rolling!

My only thought is that the show calendar is getting busy in Chicago with 4 CECE shows + C2E2 and Wizard, not to mention other shows in reasonable driving distance. I hope CECE can still draw collectors from outside the Chicago metro area. As always I'll be attending (perhaps as a dealer once or twice), but unless the stars align I probably won't make all 4 shows.

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that's the other thing that is not helping local shows much. In 2011, the calendar has grown a lot smaller. I noticed this when I started to book dates, and there are a ton more shows large and small across the country. Hope the hobby can support all of this.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just received my second batch of two sketches from Ed and they are as follows:

No 41 Cassie James with card the numbered 218/5000

No 26 Alian Norte with the card numbered 2515/5000

many thanks to Ed for making the cards available

regards

John