Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Chicago Expo Spring Fling March 12th, 2011 & Another Treasure Chest of Art opportunty
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chicago Expo Spring Fling March 12th, 2011 & Another Treasure Chest of Art opportunty
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:
I keep coming to this thread and thinking there might be news about the show. It seems like this thread is now being used to talk about the Treasure Chest sketch cards.

Perhaps Paul (or one of the moderators) could change the title of THIS thread to something related to the Treasure Chest sketch cards. Then a new, separate thread could be established for discussion and news about the actual show.

I'd hate miss an announcement about the show.

I totally agree.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
The treasure chest, which will be over in a week or so, is helping to support this board. I'm quite sure you will not miss anything important for a show which will not occur for three more months. Roll Eyes

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
The treasure chest, which will be over in a week or so, is helping to support this board. I'm quite sure you will not miss anything important for a show which will not occur for three more months. Roll Eyes

You're right. Instead of trying to get people interested in this show everyone should talk for page after page about stuff that's totally irrelevant to the thread topic.

Not to mention -- perhaps the Treasure Chest cards would be sold out if they were in an appropriately titled thread instead of hiding in a thread about a show.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:
I keep coming to this thread and thinking there might be news about the show. It seems like this thread is now being used to talk about the Treasure Chest sketch cards.

Perhaps Paul (or one of the moderators) could change the title of THIS thread to something related to the Treasure Chest sketch cards. Then a new, separate thread could be established for discussion and news about the actual show.

I'd hate miss an announcement about the show.

Paul specifically asked me to run the Treasure Chest in this thread. It was not my choice of locations.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The reason I specifically asked for this to be in this topic, as it Does have relevance to the show, as the we are trying to let people know that chests are still available and will be at the show.There are still quite a few of the regulars who have not purchased a chest, nor shown full interest in a complete chest, so by offering the cards piece meal this way, it does help create more revenue for the TC, it helps the collector get cards whose artwork they would not otherwise have the opportunity to get,it does create more buzz for the people who are interested in buying a complete chest, it does create exposure for all of the artists who worked hard to help put this together, some of which do attend the Expo, as well as other shows, so in essence, it really allows all people involved to become aware of the cards, artists, the Treasure Chest Foundation and the Expo,itself, all at one time. It seems to me, that this creates more buzz for both, the TC and the Expo rather than two separate topics. We tried to split last time, the results were okay, but I feel that we are getting more exposure for both this way. Until I get a confirmation on something for March, I won't be posting the news, as you all know, I try not to release any details about any project or show, unless I know it is 95% a done deal.I don't like to disappoint people.
Remember, we all need to stick together in this hobby and help support the various products manufacturers put out, the promoters that put on the shows, special products that are offered,the trade magazines and boards that bring us the news on new products and happenings, for if the people do not support these, they, especially, in hard economic times, can one day, just disappear. It happens everyday in business, without warning, it just happens. So, again, please support the Treasure Chest, please support all of the shows in your areas, please support your card dealer and manufacturers. It really is important for the longevity of the hobby and the business.
So with that all being said, and a better understanding for all, we can move on.
Side Note: There will be a special announcement regarding the Treasure Chest of Art coming in the next 8 weeks or so, in its own topic, so please keep your eyes peeled for it. There is some special news.
More March Expo info will be posted in the next 2 weeks or so, as well as separate topics on the future shows. 2011 will be a busy one for everyone, hopefully, prosperous as well.
Thanks everyone for all the support and understanding. See most of you soon.
Take care,
Paul

Posts: 955 | Location: HICKORY HILLS IL | Registered: April 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Except that only probably 1 of the 15 or 16 Treasure Chest Card buyers so far are likely Non-Sport Card Expo attendees based on their locations.

Other folks like Kevin and myself who are likely attendees are coming to this thread looking for show information and not finding it despite the frequent updates.

Clearly the location of TC buyers show that the Treasure Chest buyers and Show Attendees aren't typically the same folks. So basically the marketing at this point is doing a disservice to both groups.

Jon

This message has been edited. Last edited by: webjon,

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Having just found this latest offer can I have numbers 5 and 35.

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
In any event, the people who do all the work have the right to choose the method. Smile

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
List up to date with reservations.

Second wave of mailings should go out Wednesday.

Only 17 left. If they're not all gone by Monday we'll open it up for people to get a 2nd batch.

Ed

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Payment made and I hope a P3 is still available

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hello everyone, looks like there are new images posted from the TC of Art, in the Box Breakdowns category, entitled Chicagoland. Please feel free to view the numerous images to see what other folks are receiving in their treasure Chests of Art.
Thanks Paul
PS there will be new convention news coming in the next 2 weeks, waiting on a confirmation.

Posts: 955 | Location: HICKORY HILLS IL | Registered: April 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Hey Ed! Can I reserve #6 & #23? Thank you!

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Reservation List Up to Date

15 Slots left. On Monday it gets opened up to anyone who migh want more than the first 2!

Ed

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
OK, I'll take my lucky #22 again.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Thank you Ed! Payment sent!

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Reservations are up to date.

Last call on the first wave. When I check in this afternoon I'll open it up to anyone who wants more.

Ed

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
OK, it's been 2 weeks as promised. If anyone would like to reserve additional sketches they are now all on a first-reserved basis with no limit.

Ed

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Ed, I'd like to take #27 and #39 off your hands. Smile

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pendragon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
Any dual sketches this time? Would not want to select a number and get half a sketch.

Just double checked and there are not any puzzle sketches in this one. I will admit that one looks like it might have been part of a puzzle, but it's still pretty nice on it's own.

I just received my 2 two cards and Lucky me, I got it. It's actually 1 of a 3 card puzzle. It looks nice but would look better with the other two. I'm not familiar with any of the characters shown on it. I'm just happy that the money is going to a worthy cause as I'm not really a sketch card collector.

Posts: 429 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: January 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
Ed
I'll take 24 and 36
I got my first two today
will post when I can

will there be more treasure chests for sale this year?
might be interested in one

thanks
Chris

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post