Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Chicago Expo Spring Fling March 12th, 2011 & Another Treasure Chest of Art opportunty
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Chicago Expo Spring Fling March 12th, 2011 & Another Treasure Chest of Art opportunty
 Login/Join
 
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pendragon:
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
Any dual sketches this time? Would not want to select a number and get half a sketch.


Just double checked and there are not any puzzle sketches in this one. I will admit that one looks like it might have been part of a puzzle, but it's still pretty nice on it's own.



I just received my 2 two cards and Lucky me, I got it. It's actually 1 of a 3 card puzzle. It looks nice but would look better with the other two. I'm not familiar with any of the characters shown on it. I'm just happy that the money is going to a worthy cause as I'm not really a sketch card collector.


Do you have a scan? I went through them and didn't find any groups by the same artist. Plus, the one I was thinking of has already been shown by someone else.

Just curious. I was told that puzzles would all be contained in one chest, but it it wasn't obvious enough or marked I can see how they might miss some.

Ed

____________________
www.nonsportcardshows.com Home of the Chicago Non-Sport Card Show

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

 
Posts: 4908 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hcbrewer:
will there be more treasure chests for sale this year?
might be interested in one


Chris,

Paul still has chests available, but how long they might last is unknown.

============

Chris and Raven, your second request has been posted on the reservations.

10 cards left. Open to anyone in any quantity.

Ed

____________________
www.nonsportcardshows.com Home of the Chicago Non-Sport Card Show

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

 
Posts: 4908 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of pendragon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
quote:
Originally posted by pendragon:
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
Any dual sketches this time? Would not want to select a number and get half a sketch.


Just double checked and there are not any puzzle sketches in this one. I will admit that one looks like it might have been part of a puzzle, but it's still pretty nice on it's own.



I just received my 2 two cards and Lucky me, I got it. It's actually 1 of a 3 card puzzle. It looks nice but would look better with the other two. I'm not familiar with any of the characters shown on it. I'm just happy that the money is going to a worthy cause as I'm not really a sketch card collector.


Do you have a scan? I went through them and didn't find any groups by the same artist. Plus, the one I was thinking of has already been shown by someone else.

Just curious. I was told that puzzles would all be contained in one chest, but it it wasn't obvious enough or marked I can see how they might miss some.

Ed


Ed,
I'll send you scans via email. I don't have have a site to post pictures.
 
Posts: 428 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: January 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
quote:
Originally posted by hcbrewer:
will there be more treasure chests for sale this year?
might be interested in one


Chris,

Paul still has chests available, but how long they might last is unknown.

Ed

I was interested in getting a chest as well. But, on the site I found it didn't say anything about allowing (or not) overseas orders.

Btw Ed, if the cards aren't numbered #1-50, do you just pick them out at random?

____________________
My Sketch Cards
 
Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Star Mystyk,
Yes, the chests are available to overseas buyers. I just checked the order form to find, it has not been replaced with the current form which calls out the shipping charges for International. Please email me at cecexpo@gmail.com and i will be glad to send you the correct form.
Yes, there are a few chests left available. There will be a special announcement concerning the chests, hopefully in the next 4 or so weeks.
We have been waiting on artwork to come back to complete the project.
We are still offering time payments and Paypal payment as well.
So, if anyone is interested and wants to get in on this special offer, please email me directly.
100% of the net profits, less expenses benefit the Pediatric oncology Treasure Chest Foundation. Thanks again for all of your help.
Paul
 
Posts: 955 | Location: HICKORY HILLS IL | Registered: April 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Pendragon, Please tell me the number written on the back of the card of the puzzle card.
Ed, what chest number would this card be from ?
I will help you find the other 2 panels.
Thanks Paul
 
Posts: 955 | Location: HICKORY HILLS IL | Registered: April 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
Cool, thanks, just sent an email Smile

____________________
My Sketch Cards
 
Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ed

Can I have another 2 being numbers 26 and 41.

thanks

John

____________________
 
Posts: 1942 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of pendragon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PAULM:
Pendragon, Please tell me the number written on the back of the card of the puzzle card.
Ed, what chest number would this card be from ?
I will help you find the other 2 panels.
Thanks Paul


PAULM - The back of the card says "The Endless puzzle 1/3" I don't have the card in front of me so I can't tell you the artist's name.
 
Posts: 428 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: January 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
Here are the two cards I received
have request two more and will most likely purchase a chest as well Clap

thank you to Ed for the P3 and doing this

my apologies in advance for the large size
not sure how to scale it down



 
Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Pendragon, There is a hand written number at the top of the back of the card, it will read _______/ 5000. This is the number I need.
Please see above scan for reference.
Thanks a million!
Paul
 
Posts: 955 | Location: HICKORY HILLS IL | Registered: April 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post



Member
Picture of pendragon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PAULM:
Pendragon, There is a hand written number at the top of the back of the card, it will read _______/ 5000. This is the number I need.
Please see above scan for reference.
Thanks a million!
Paul


Paul, the number is 1419.
Jerry
 
Posts: 428 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: January 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PAULM:
Pendragon, Please tell me the number written on the back of the card of the puzzle card.
Ed, what chest number would this card be from ?
I will help you find the other 2 panels.
Thanks Paul


Paul,

These are from Check #30 this time around.

Ed

____________________
www.nonsportcardshows.com Home of the Chicago Non-Sport Card Show

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

 
Posts: 4908 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Star*Mystyk:
Btw Ed, if the cards aren't numbered #1-50, do you just pick them out at random?


I think I said before, but don't mind saying what I do with these...

First, I shuffle the cards. Mostly because every chest I've seen has all the Star Wars cards at the 'top' of the pile.

Then I go through and put a post-it note on every toploader with a number from 1 to 50.

Then I make the list and pull the cards out of the stack as they are picked.

Then they are packed up in a team bag with a promo card, get sandwiched between 2 layers of cardboard and put in a bubble mailer for the trip to their new homes.

Yes, I peek to see what everyone got. Smile

And... The list has been updated with reservations to date.

Ed

____________________
www.nonsportcardshows.com Home of the Chicago Non-Sport Card Show

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

 
Posts: 4908 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ed

payment made and many thanks for the insight on how it all works.

regards

John

____________________
 
Posts: 1942 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Pendragon,
The card numbers you are looking for to complete the puzzle are 1411 and 1412. Both went to overseas collectors. If you wish me to pursue, I will send an email.
Yes, you are right, the cards look great as a stand alone, and never noticed they made the puzzle.
Sorry about that, I try and be as careful as I can when collating.
Thanks Paul
 
Posts: 955 | Location: HICKORY HILLS IL | Registered: April 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
BTW- the artist of these cards is Nester Celario Jr.
 
Posts: 955 | Location: HICKORY HILLS IL | Registered: April 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of pendragon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PAULM:
Pendragon,
The card numbers you are looking for to complete the puzzle are 1411 and 1412. Both went to overseas collectors. If you wish me to pursue, I will send an email.
Yes, you are right, the cards look great as a stand alone, and never noticed they made the puzzle.
Sorry about that, I try and be as careful as I can when collating.
Thanks Paul


Paul, email sent.
 
Posts: 428 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: January 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hello all! I am getting ready to do some traveling eastbound in search of new Ohio properties. I should be able to make the Ohio announcement in the next week or so, so keep an eye peeled!
Have a great weekend!
Paul
 
Posts: 955 | Location: HICKORY HILLS IL | Registered: April 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of john the hat
posted Hide Post
payment sent Ed

____________________
life is like a spiders web, beautiful to look at, deadly when you get to wrapped up in it. jth 2007
 
Posts: 1115 | Location: England | Registered: March 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  
 

Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Chicago Expo Spring Fling March 12th, 2011 & Another Treasure Chest of Art opportunty

© Non-Sport Update 2013