Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
San Diego Comic Con Get together???

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6236037711/m/9357079286

July 03, 2016, 04:24 PM
Ace of Hearts
San Diego Comic Con Get together???
Anyone planning a get-together during Comic Con?
July 04, 2016, 03:14 PM
chesspieceface
I was really going to try to make the get together this year, but I couldn't even get tickets for a single day Comic Con, so my 20 year attendance streak is ending.

Oh well, I'm happy for everyone going, especially the first timers, and I'll try again next year...

July 05, 2016, 08:56 AM
H_Toser
That a shame, chesspieceface. Sorry to hear you missed out.

July 06, 2016, 02:17 AM
pendragon
Yes, There will be a gathering. This year it's on Saturday night. More information will be coming shortly. And you don't need a SDCC pass to come to the dinner since it's outside of the hall.
July 07, 2016, 03:40 AM
chesspieceface
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
That a shame, chesspieceface. Sorry to hear you missed out.

Thanks, Harris. I don't want to jinx it, but I may have a shot to go for a day or two after all. My fingers are so crossed, they are tied in knots.

I also really want to make the Philly Show someday, but that's a little trickier still, living in California as I do. I hoping to make it part of a larger trip East someday.

July 11, 2016, 01:45 AM
pendragon
Hi All, due to technical difficulties, Natalie has been unable to post so she's asked me to post the details for the up coming 2016 San Diego Comic Con Card Talk Dinner. The event will be held on Saturday July 23, 7:30 at the wonderful Harbor House Restaurant located in Seaport Village. This is the same location as last year. If you would like to attend please email Natalie (NL) at muffylk@yahoo.com ASAP with how many in your group as we need a head count very soon. There is no cost to attend and no SDCC badge necessary. All food and drink are your own expence.

Last years gathering was a great time with special guest and we even had fireworks! So come one, come all and meet fellow card talkers and card collectors. There'll be prizes and surprises throughout the evening.

Hope to see you there and Happy Collecting!
July 16, 2016, 11:45 AM
NL
Hello!

I'm responding to email from those who plan to attend the dinner.

We need a count for the venue.

There will be some really great raffle prizes AND an exclusive but you gotta show up and stay for either!

Also Mark's Non-Sports cards sent me some of what he'll have for Comic Con, card packs - 3 levels labeled A B and C. There's a limited amount of each pack - $40 for A, $60 for B and $80 for C pack. You can check him out on Facebook for greater detail.

Per Pendragon's post the dinner is at
Harbor House - Seaport Village
Saturday July 23 at 7:30 PM

The event is open to card traders so don't worry if you're not attending Con. But please bring cards to do some trading.

I promise this year we will post pictures. Since I really suck at it, someone else will be delegated to do that task!

See you all at the show and don't forget to email me if you plan to attend.

NL
July 20, 2016, 04:59 AM
Heroes For Hire
Anyone hanging out before Saturday?
July 29, 2016, 08:59 PM
NL
Thanks to everyone for coming to our 3rd SDCC Cardtalk dinner. It was a blast and we're already gearing up for next year!!

First I want to thank the following:
DC
Mark's Non Sports
Triangle Cards
Endless World Cards
Faerie Metal
Breygent
Tim Shay

All were very generous in donating some great items ranging from attendee giveaways to prizes. We had enough so that everyone got a prize!

The only negative is that we were so busy, talking, eating and trading - we forgot to take pictures!! If anyone snuck a few picture takings please share. Shake Head

I'm hoping that next year will allow us to have the dinner on a night where more people can attend. I know we missed a fair amount of people this year and that was a bummer.

I'll be sending some of our extra's to Harris for the upcoming Philly show and posting some here on NSU after Chesspieceface ends his giveaways (that is if you don't mind kind sir). That way we can share a little something from Con for those who couldn't make it.

It was a blast but so glad it's over!

Ciao from your friendly southern Cali girl!

NL Surf Surf
July 29, 2016, 09:18 PM
chesspieceface
Haha, that's fine, Natalie. I'm trying to give it away as fast I can! (Just waitin' on a reply or two, but I hope to have it done by Sunday.)

As tough as it was to get passes this year, I don't know if I'll make Comic-Con next year, but I do hope to make the dinner and meet my fellow card-lovin' peeps. Sounds like it was lot of fun this year, as usual. Thanks for all of your effort on these.

July 29, 2016, 10:03 PM
riddler_149
I think that a special thank you needs to be given to Debi, Jerry, and especially Natalie for organizing an amazing event for everyone! I'm especially amazed by the fact that Natalie was able to work con, be on the judging panel for the Eisners, have her commitment to the SDCC board and still have time to gather give always for everyone and coordinate a dinner get together! Thumb Up

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/
July 30, 2016, 12:09 AM
NL
Aww man, totally left out my buds Jerry and Debi who are always ready to help and Jerry really scored us some treasure!
Thanks for the kind words David. We really miss you.
July 30, 2016, 02:18 AM
Rich65
I am sorry I missed this but my wife and I were so wiped out by the evening we went back to our room and crashed. Hopefully next year, glad to hear everyone had fun. Thumb Up
I only did one trade but it filled a big hole in my Bond collection. I was able to get the 9 case incentive Daniel Craig auto from the last Bond set.
My main thing I wanted to do this year
I got to do and that was meet Ian McShane. He was very nice and he even signed a Deadwood and Lovejoy photo for my wife and myself.
July 30, 2016, 06:37 PM
pendragon
Thanks to all who attended the dinner this year. We all had a great time. I also wanted to add one more to the Nat's thank you list. A HUGE thank you to Richard Parks of RRParks Cards for the great Three Stooges/Grim Reaper promos. He was VERY generous to us and I am personally grateful for his contribution. I hope to see you all again next year if not sooner!
July 30, 2016, 10:33 PM
NL
Thanks Jerry, I meant to edit my post but have been gone all day.

We are so grateful to RRParks cards for these awesome uncut sheets

NL

quote:
Originally posted by pendragon:
Thanks to all who attended the dinner this year. We all had a great time. I also wanted to add one more to the Nat's thank you list. A HUGE thank you to Richard Parks of RRParks Cards for the great Three Stooges/Grim Reaper promos. He was VERY generous to us and I am personally grateful for his contribution. I hope to see you all again next year if not sooner!

August 01, 2016, 01:00 AM
dcole
quote:
Originally posted by NL:
Aww man, totally left out my buds Jerry and Debi who are always ready to help and Jerry really scored us some treasure!
Thanks for the kind words David. We really miss you.

Thanks Nat! I was more than happy to help out with the dinner and had a great time, as always. Thumb Up

I'll reiterate our thanks to everyone who donated items for our great goodie bags and prize giveaways. Your generosity really made this a special event!

Hope to see even more folks next year! Wave

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.
August 01, 2016, 06:24 AM
wolfie
I just arrived, where is everyone? Big Grin

August 01, 2016, 09:24 AM
NL
Stay where you are. I'm coming to get you. I have a leash and crate ready for you Sir Furry Paws!