Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Chicago Non-Sport Card Show April 11 and 12
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chicago Non-Sport Card Show April 11 and 12
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hippiejewel:
See everyone Saturday.....

Jewel Big Grin

Awwwww mannnnnn! Razz

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Hey Jon, I'd be interested in those Survivor Game cards.

Looking forward to seeing everyone Friday and Saturday!

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:
Originally posted by Lovemesomecards:

Adriana just said this morning if I thought she would win the raffle again this time. I told her I hoped not or people would start to think she was a ringer. Wink

Adriana I give you permission to win, tell em wolfie said it was ok. Wavey

Wolfie, the problem is that Adriana has won twice. And both times SHE picked her OWN ticket. I figured it was cute to let a kid draw and the second time I figured it couldn't happen again. She's allowed to win, but she's not drawing tickets anymore.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hippiejewel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by igman7:
quote:
Originally posted by hippiejewel:
See everyone Saturday.....

Jewel Big Grin

Awwwww mannnnnn! Razz

Now shush Iggy........

Jewel Big Grin

Posts: 2035 | Location: Western Burbs of Chicago | Registered: April 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hippiejewel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:
Hey Jon, I'd be interested in those Survivor Game cards.

Looking forward to seeing everyone Friday and Saturday!

Don, I hear you and I have door duties. See you there.....

Jewel Big Grin

Posts: 2035 | Location: Western Burbs of Chicago | Registered: April 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:

Wolfie, the problem is that Adriana has won twice. And both times SHE picked her OWN ticket. I figured it was cute to let a kid draw and the second time I figured it couldn't happen again. She's allowed to win, but she's not drawing tickets anymore.

Ed

I would have loved to see your face the second time. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hippiejewel
posted Hide Post
I may bring a few tshirts I've made. Just for show......See you all soon. Safe travels to everyone.....

Jewel Big Grin

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Surprised there are no show reports - here's mine. Had a good time at the show both days. Friday's attendance was better, and it was a smaller show, but dealers were there, with great prices. If you wanted cards, this was the place to be.
Dealers included Sci Fi Cards, J & K, X-Vader (Card Talk's xtime), Paul Miellero, Webjon, Iggy and Carl, and Looky Here Cards.
Lots of people to see and talk to, Card Talkers Hippiejewel, Lovesmesomecards, Kennywood, Venom5Liter,and Greg Geerts were all present. Other big names from the card world showed up as well, NSU's Scott Thomas, the Wrapper's Les Davis, and Marty Kalinski, who is just getting ready to issue his new set, based on Mardi Gras. It was good to see all of them.

Friday evening we had our second Card Show Dinner at Alberto's, the hotel restaurant. 10 of us had a great dinner, and then Ed gave each of us a special Bates Motel Promo with numbered seal to 25. The first Alberto's promo, thanks to Tom Breyer.

Saturday Marty Kalinski brought a box of extra Breygent World of Fantasy Z cards, for anyone who wanted some. Thanks Marty, very cool cards.

There were drawings for a box and binder of Witchblade on Friday, and Women of Marvel 2 on Saturday. Next fall they plan to do even more drawings. I didn't stick around to see who won on Sat., too tired and happily broke. I got lots of autographs this time, 5 from Game of Thrones, others from Buffy, Bond, and quite a few Benchwarmers, including some new Flo Jalins!

Finished off many wants from my want list, hardly any singles available, but inserts from Bond, Game of Thrones and the old John Wayne set. Bought Jon's Survivor cards, I expected maybe 50 or so cards, there was a stack of them 9 inches high. Hope to complete a set, but we'll see, anyone needs any of my extras, let me know.
Also got a couple of Ed's Mystery Packs, for $20 I got 2 autos and a promo in one, 2 autos, promo and a relic card in the other.

Now, off to sort cards, put them in albums and figure out all those Survivor cards. Thanks to all for another fun show!

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hippiejewel
posted Hide Post
Greetings friends.... Had a great time at the show. Thanks to everyone who provided some amazing promo cards.

Iggy, sorry I missed you buddy. Hope all is okay with you. *Sending positive thoughts*

Thanks to K&J, Sci-fi cards and Looky Here. Always great to see friends.

To Bill and Celeste...... Hail Hydra.....LOL

Also thanks to Ed at Sci Fi for the gift for watching the door at today's show. Much appreciated.

Jewel Big Grin

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Glad to see everyone is having a great time and the show is going well. Thumb Up

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
Had a great time at the show on Friday. I picked up a lot of promo cards that I had been looking for quite a while. There were also 2 autos in a surprise pack from Ed. This show had a wide range of people. I talked with some people who have been coming for many years and a fair amount of first timers.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Finally back home and somewhat settled. Razz

Great seeing collecting friends Don, John, Carl, Mike, Sharon, Paul, Greg, Steve and Jon, and also had some old friends show up.

Overall, a very good show with a steady flow of collectors both days.
The show room was full, every table filled with a wide selection of modern and vintage cards including autos, sketches, packs, boxes, base sets, action figures, comics and more. Plenty of high end stuff plus bargain bins, and vendors willing to buy, sell and trade. One collector showed up with a 1959 Three Stooges set.

The free promos were fantastic. In my humble opinion the best line-up I can recall over the past 10 years. The welcome table also had some free Z cards, and copies of the Wrapper, and a free drawing both days. The exclusive dinner promo was icing on the cake after enjoying a great meal and fellowship. Thanks to Tom. Thumb Up

As always, the hotel was clean and welcoming, the staff was very helpful, and the special room rate was reasonable and appreciated.

If you haven’t ventured to the Chicago show yet or in quite some time…it is well worth the trip. Hope to see you October 3 & 4. Cool

Thanks to Ed & Kevin for arranging the show.

Light haul this trip, I think:
10,000 base singles
12 base sets
380 packs
3 promo sets
15 single promos
1 Dealer Promo
220 chase cards
4 Costume
1 historic relic card
4 Autographs
3 patch cards
1 color sketch
1 autograph/sketch

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post