Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Topps Announces Comic-Con International Plans
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Topps Announces Comic-Con International Plans
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
Who's going to Comic-Con?? Topps has some exclusives for Comic-Con this year and they've just announced their plans:

Topps Announces Comic-Con International Plans

GPK and Mars Attacks fans will be pleased. Big Grin

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Harris! I'll be sure to save you one of everything Wink

Posts: 165 | Location: Mars | Registered: April 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paul hart
posted Hide Post
Cards look great Smile
Maybe topps should do goodie bags like
Artbox used to do! They were so popular! Smile

Posts: 353 | Location: uk | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
no topps should not do goody bags - I think we all made more enemies than friends while pretending to not be in line - because once the line officially started it was dog eat dog

Posts: 198 | Location: United States | Registered: December 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sherlock2:
no topps should not do goody bags - I think we all made more enemies than friends while pretending to not be in line - because once the line officially started it was dog eat dog

I always found the Artbox line to be very friendly and orderly, if you got there early, certainly.

I miss Artbox and Inkworks even more when Comic-Con time rolls around...

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I agree the lines were always friendly. Smile

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the lines were not friendly when the product was limited to 50 or less I distinctly remember being 7th or 8th in line and some guy pushing me out of the way - had to elbow him in the gut to get my space back and get him removed from the area and also people were holding spaces in line for people who were not even in the hall yet and standing in line at times meant 2 to 3 hours of pretending to be mulling around the exhibits nearby - but truly some of Artbox stuff was great and is missed

Posts: 198 | Location: United States | Registered: December 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Topps! Looking forward to hunting down the cards.

I hope if you're at SDCC that you'll make it to our meetup as well as others who will attend.

I miss Inkworks and Artbox too but glad that other card folks still have a presence at Con.

BTW Anyone know how the folks that were Artbox are doing?

N

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For those who missed out on the "A" series at SDCC, here's the "B" series available to all on Topps.com

http://www.topps.com/garbage-p...-card-print-set.html

Posts: 165 | Location: Mars | Registered: April 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post