Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Chicago Non-Sport Card Show April 13 and 14
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chicago Non-Sport Card Show April 13 and 14
 Login/Join

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
it all sounds fantastic, good luck with it all Ed, hope you have a great time. Thumb Up

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
LAST CALL... Wave
Anybody else want to work out a pre-show trade? Check out my posts on the trading pages for my base, chase and set wants.

Looks like a good weather forecast. Cool

Somebody please bring a camera and post pics of the show. Surf

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm here so I guess I'm sure I'll be at the show...

Friday Dinner

Alberto's is being remodeled for the upcoming new Burger Theory restaurant.

That said, I still have to eat Friday and I don't want to go anywhere to do that.

We may fill the place up, and we probably won't be able to put tables together, but it's not so large that being apart will be a big deal.

Friday's special is RIBS, for those that are coming.

Show closes at 8, dinner meetup around 8:30. Feel free to go in earlier and just save me a seat! Dance

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
So the show is on Friday the 13th. I'm coming from Crystal Lake.
Should I just wear my hockey mask and bring my machete?

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I'll be out the door in less than an hour. Looking forward to seeing everyone and lots of cards!

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Have a good time Don, hope you get lots of things you like. Wavey

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I did Wolfie. I enjoyed the day and picked up some outstanding items, plus spent time with many good friends from the hobby.

Ed went above and beyond by having a box of Walking Dead Road to Alexandria sent to the hotel for me.
Connie Faye did a killer drawing of Rosita from Walking Dead for me. It is absolutely beautiful.
I picked up several autographs, including Cersei and Bronn from Game of Thrones, Darryl from Walking Dead and a couple of Flo Jalin Benchwarmers.

The dinner at Alberto's was great most of us had the Farm Burger w/egg,bacon and cheese. Enjoyed the company of Kennywood, Stevetrek, Venom5liter, xTime and Rod S. Ed handed out special dinner promos, metal cards of Connie Faye's Martian girl and Ed's show card.
Thanks to all who showed up today, tomorrow I won't make it, but hope everyone has a blast!

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
The card show was thoroughly enjoyable on Friday. As Don mentions above it was great to see everybody. Ed and the dealers had a wide variety of products to offer. I paid too much for somethings and got good deals on others.

I got a promo card that I had been searching for and the picked up the Katie Cook and Chris Archelleos promos from Paul for making a donation to the charity that he supports. There was a dealer from Wisconsin at the show that had some of The Last Jedi Emblem Medallion cards that I needed.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Another fantastic show. We had a full room with a wide selection of cards, comics, action figures, and more.

Lots of buy-sale-trade going on. Bargain bins from 25c a card and UP. At least three vintage dealers were present. Both days were evenly busy.

Friday meal with Cardtalkers was fun. A majority ordered the farmhouse burger. Great seeing friends...Don, Steve, Dave, Greg, Mike, Rod, Kenny, Paul, and so many more. The two metal promos were a nice bonus.

Had a big haul home...autos, relics, chase, base and sets. Will take days to go through it all. Expect major updates to WANT postings.

Thanks to Ed & Kevin for hosting.
Looking forward to October 12-13.

If you took pics please post'em! Smokin'

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post