Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Philly Non-Sports Card Show - Oct 15 & 16, 2022
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Philly Non-Sports Card Show - Oct 15 & 16, 2022
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, some of the local collectibles shows were already at $25 or more three years ago just to get in the door. They wanted to be on par with a Comic-Con but they were smaller, with fewer celebrities and had no promos but still wanted to charge a lot. There's still a smaller show around here for around $10 but it's been trying a different venue out of the county so it would cost at least $15 in gas just to get there and there wouldn't be many, if any, cards. I'd be going just to see what's out there for other collectibles.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
Here’s my two cents:

Had a great show. It was nice to see friends old and new. The Tosers always do a great job, so I tip my hat to them. I was busy for a big chunk of time, but managed to expand my personal GOT and Star Trek collection. I managed to make it over to Rittenhouse’s table. They have a new autograph design for the GOT cards, and it is also a gorgeous looking set. I think GOT collectors will be very happy with this set. I know as a collector my shallow pockets will be tested greatly with this set…
They also expand the Iron Anniversary type set with additional characters.

Also made it over to the Cryptozoic table. I have to say, the new Middle Earth set is gorgeous. The display of sketches were gorgeous and the design of the autograph cards are gorgeous too. If you’re a Middle Earth fan, this is a great set for you, but you’ll need deep pockets. Actually, I think this set is out today.

The Card Talk Dinner was very nice. It was nice to meet new people and sit with an old friend. My wife won a CREEPSHOW movie set with the raffle from Fright Rags, much to her delight. For GPK fans, Neil and Halsey Camera gave a presentation of their artwork, and an exclusive promo(I think) that they designed was given out at the dinner. Harris Toser, correct me if I’m wrong…

It was a 5 star weekend.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
Kind of ironic, but the Blowout thread for the Philly show has 3x more posts and 6x more views than this one. . .

Was looking for post show chatter/reviews. . . much more on the Blowout thread than here.

Hope everyone had a great show.

I posted more on my Facebook page. It's just easier to do so, especially when you're sharing pics.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, I was sick and missed the show

How many different new 5Finity promos were at the show ? Does anyone know ?

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Unfortunately, I was sick and missed the show

How many different new 5Finity promos were at the show ? Does anyone know ?

Just one. We handed out a promo for Lovebunny and Mr. Hell. It was more limited than some of the other promos we handed out.

Posts: 12994 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AWR
posted Hide Post
Finally got around to sorting out the cards I picked up at last week's Non-Philly Sport Show.

I had a fun time and want to thank the Tosers, and all the dealers and artists who were set up. Always interesting to talk to other members of the Non-Sports collecting world. Here is the list of cards I picked up:

Ed Webb – SciFi Cards Promos (P71, P72, P74)
Cryptozoic – czX Middle Earth (P7)
Cryptozoic – Outlander Season 5 (P6)
Cryptozoic – Outlander Season 5 (NSU1)
Cryptozoic – The Freak Brothers (P3)
5Finity Productions (P1022)
Perna Studios -- Classic Mythology IV (P2)
Garbage Pail Kids -- Billy & Eddie (Sunday Only Card (1b) (Signed by David Acevedo)
Garbage Pail Kids – Haunted Halsey (1a) (Signed by Neil Camera / Halsey Camera)
Wacky Packages – Philly Non-Sports Card Show (Signed by Neil Camera / Halsey Camera)
SideKick – Francis Albert Sinatra (CTC 17)
Leg Day Cards – Nosferatu Series 2 (NSU P1)
Philly Non-Sports Show (Red Border #116 – Darrell Swigart) (Signed by Darrell Swigart)
Philly Non-Sports Show (Red Border #117 – Ted Dastick, Jr.) (Signed by Ted Dastick, Jr.)
Ted Dastick, Jr. – Mr. Sketch Cards (TD8) (Signed by Ted Dastick, Jr.)
Garbage Chute Droids (S-36) (Signed by Rickey Kipfer)

Star Trek Remastered Original Series Trading Cards (DA9)
Star Trek Remastered Original Series Trading Cards (DA19)
Rittenhouse Packs - (Star Trek 50th, StarTrek:TNG Archives and Inscriptions, Dr. Who)

Posts: 382 | Location: Califon, NJ | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I set up for the first time officially at this show. I thought I brought some amazing things with me (about 27 binders) but people only looked at four of them (STAR WARS-DISNEY-MARVEL-DC) and I didn't even make my table back. I had 2 binders with a nice mix of pack pulled and in person signatures that only a couple people even looked at. Naturally I spent more than I made. Always great to see people and did a couple trades. To those companies represented, thanks for the promos.

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Frank,

You and I traded a few years ago. You had a number of interesting cards on your trade list so it's weird to read that so few collectors even looked through your binders - not even out of slight curiosity at a show devoted to trading cards and with presumably a decent percentage of card collectors in the region in attendance. When I'm at a show, I look through every card binder in sight because you never know what you're going to find.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by FRANK AMICO:
I set up for the first time officially at this show. I thought I brought some amazing things with me (about 27 binders) but people only looked at four of them (STAR WARS-DISNEY-MARVEL-DC) and I didn't even make my table back. I had 2 binders with a nice mix of pack pulled and in person signatures that only a couple people even looked at. Naturally I spent more than I made. Always great to see people and did a couple trades. To those companies represented, thanks for the promos.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I wish you were there. I just found out when I WAS LOOKING AT THE ITEMS I SOLD THAT I HAD A MARVEL MASTERPIECES 2 SPIDER-WOMAN CARD PRICED IN ERROR FOR $2-THE CARD IS WORTH WAY MORE THAN THAT. Who knows how many things I had priced incorrectly. I also brought in a SNOW WHITE POST TOASTIES PANEL FROM THE 30'S THAT NO ONE EVEN LOOKED AT! I put surprises in all my books but I don't think people gave my table a chance. I guess most people went there to fill in sets or buy boxes of new product. Chick did really well. Any other sellers out there do well?

You and I traded a few years ago. You had a number of interesting cards on your trade list so it's weird to read that so few collectors even looked through your binders - not even out of slight curiosity at a show devoted to trading cards and with presumably a decent percentage of card collectors in the region in attendance. When I'm at a show, I look through every card binder in sight because you never know what you're going to find.

Jess

quote:
[/QUOTE]

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wish you were there. I just found out when I WAS LOOKING AT THE ITEMS I SOLD THAT I HAD A MARVEL MASTERPIECES 2 SPIDER-WOMAN CARD PRICED IN ERROR FOR $2-THE CARD IS WORTH WAY MORE THAN THAT. Who knows how many things I had priced incorrectly. I also brought in a SNOW WHITE POST TOASTIES PANEL FROM THE 30'S THAT NO ONE EVEN LOOKED AT! I put surprises in all my books but I don't think people gave my table a chance. I guess most people went there to fill in sets or buy boxes of new product. Chick did really well. Any other sellers out there do well?

You and I traded a few years ago. You had a number of interesting cards on your trade list so it's weird to read that so few collectors even looked through your binders - not even out of slight curiosity at a show devoted to trading cards and with presumably a decent percentage of card collectors in the region in attendance. When I'm at a show, I look through every card binder in sight because you never know what you're going to find. If you are a part of the PROMOTIONAL TRADING CARD GROUP on Facebook you will see some of the items I brought with me. (Free to join this group)

Jess

quote:
[/QUOTE]