Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Hollywood Collector's Show in Burbank, CA & Chicago, IL
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hollywood Collector's Show in Burbank, CA & Chicago, IL
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just added to the July Burbank show: Paula Abdul.

Posts: 649 | Location: California | Registered: November 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Paula Abdul has cancelled her appearance at next week's show.
Right now, the headliners are Tori Spelling, Dean McDermott, Celeste Holm, and Ed Begley jr. This is definitely the worst lineup in the 3 years I've been attending this show.

Edit: I just noticed that the Ghost Hunters aren't listed for the show anymore either.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rl75,

Posts: 649 | Location: California | Registered: November 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just returned from the April Burbank show. Definitely the poorest celebrity lineup in the 3 years that I've been attending the show. But, at least I didn't have lines for any of the celebrities I wanted to meet, so I finally had enough time to check out what the vendors had for sale.

Here's my in-person autograph haul:

Robert Hegyes, Ron Palillo, and Lawrence Hilton-Jacobs

Barry Pearl and Eddie Deezen

Jamie Donnelly

Annette Cardona

I also picked up these autographs out of a $10 clearance bin:

Jerry Mathers

Emilio Estevez

I was only at the show for 1 and a half hours, so I spent the rest of the day at the LA Zoo and Universal Studios.

One other note: While I was there, the Sweathogs were signing sticker sheets for Donruss Americana.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rl75,

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The first names have been announced for the October Burbank show.

The top names announced so far are:
Linda Evans
Tony Anselmo (voice of Donald Duck)
Margaret Kerry (model for Tinkerbell)
Richard Kiel
Van Snowden (puppeteer)

Lost In Space reunion:
June Lockhart
Angela Cartwright
Marta Kristen
Mark Goddard
Bill Mumy
Bob May

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Bill Farmer (voice of Goofy) has been added to the October Burbank show.

Also, the first names for the September Chicago show have been announced:
Patty Duke
Karolyn Grimes
Taryn Power

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
New name for the October Burbank show: Erika Eleniak.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Added to the October Burbank show: Tommy Kirk (A very nice addition to the lineup for my own PC, if not necessarily a huge name.)

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
New name added for the October Burbank show: Eric Roberts.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Added to the October Burbanks show: Shirley Jones.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Added to the October Burbank show: Barry Bostwick, Alan Ruck, P.J. Soles.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Any chance anyone going to the Chicago show could pick me up an autographed 8x10 from Leslie? I would pay for the autograph, photo, and of course a little extra for your time...

E-mail me at bryanjs14@aol.com if you think you might be able to help me out...Thanks!

Posts: 685 | Location: Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:
Just added today to next month's show in Chicago:

• Leslie Nielsen ("Forbidden Planet", "The Naked Gun")

• Nice addition!

Bronze Card Talk Member
    posted Hide Post
    New addition for the October Burbank show: June Foray.

Gold Card Talk Member
    Picture of TheUberBob
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    quote:
    Originally posted by rl75:

Man...I have always wanted to meet her!

I got to meet her at the San Diego con many yeas ago. She was very, very nice. Somewhere I've still got the convention program that she signed.

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Bronze Card Talk Member
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    quote:

Man...I have always wanted to meet her!

I also previously met her at my first Hollywood Collector's Show three years ago. She was very nice, and spoke as Rocky the Flying Squirrel and Natasha while she was signing my autograph.

posted Hide Post
    Hi, This is my favorite show. I have attended four times since July 05. I was going to go in July, but I agree with you rl it was not a great lineup, so I decided to wait for October. I think this lineup is impressive, and there is still over a month to go! I am looking forward to meeting Eric Roberts, Erika Eleniak, Linda Evans, Donna Mills, and they just added Tracy Scoggins who I always liked as well, so this should be a fun show.

Posts: 10 | Location: Boston | Registered: August 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Bronze Card Talk Member
    posted Hide Post
    Finally someone else that's a fan of the Burbank, CA show and he lives in Boston. How about that.
    I also believe this show's lineup is looking much better than July's. So far, I'm especially looking forward to meeting Tommy Kirk and Juliet Landau.

Bronze Card Talk Member
    posted Hide Post
    Just added for the October Burbank show:

Roger Corman!
    Christopher Atkins
    Nia Peeples

Gold Card Talk Member
    Picture of TheUberBob
    posted Hide Post
    quote:

Roger Corman!

Sweet! That's awesome!

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Bronze Card Talk Member
    posted Hide Post

"Just The Ten Of Us" reunion:

Heather Langenkamp
    Brooke Theiss
    JoAnn Willette