Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Hollywood Collector's Show in Burbank, CA & Chicago, IL
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hollywood Collector's Show in Burbank, CA & Chicago, IL
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheUberBob:
A friend of mine ran into Davy Jones in a pub when she was working in the UK in the 90's and got him to autograph the back of one of her business cards for me. Smile

-Bob-

Although I live in L.A. county and have met many celebrities, I've never ran into one unexpectedly and got an autograph.
I've seen Tom Hanks, Danny Bonaduce and housekeeper Adelaide from Diff'rent Strokes but never in a situation right to ask for an autograph.

Posts: 649 | Location: California | Registered: November 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
quote:
A friend of mine ran into Davy Jones in a pub when she was working in the UK in the 90's and got him to autograph the back of one of her business cards for me.

-Bob-

Dance singing Daydream Believer to myself... Big Grin

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:
Since the topic's been raised, I've got to share this story. About 4-5 years ago, I happened to see in our local paper that Davy Jones was going to be putting on a local concert. I actually had to have my wife read the story because I was certain I'd misread the information.

It turned out that Davy Jones was a friend of one of the local mayors who asked Davy Jones if he'd do a show. The show was in the parking lot of a local school. The admission price was five dollars but you had to bring your own chairs. So, for a grand total of $10, my wife and I enjoyed an evening, outdoor concert by Davy Jones. We sat about 20 feet from him and he put on a GREAT show! For the location and the price, I expected, at most, a half hour show. He put on a show that lasted almost 2 hours, with an intermission in between. Then after the show, he hung around and signed autographs for everyone. That had to be the best concert I've ever attended.

From everything I've heard about him, he appears to be a great guy. At the show where I got his autograph, he talked with everyone, gave all the money to charity, and only charged $10 (compared to the normal $20-40).

Posts: 649 | Location: California | Registered: November 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here are the first celebrities announced for the February 2011 Burbank show.

Pam Grier
Otis Day
Pat Priest

Lost in Space reunion:

Mark Goddard (Don West)
Bill Mumy (Will Robinson)
Marta Kristen (Judy Robinson)

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rl75:

From everything I've heard about him, he appears to be a great guy. At the show where I got his autograph, he talked with everyone, gave all the money to charity, and only charged $10 (compared to the normal $20-40).

I'm glad to hear this. In some of the Monkees related interviews I've seen of him he seems to be very bitter about many of the things that happened because of the show (in terms of how he was treated by folks in charge) so I'm glad to see that hasn't infected the rest of his life and outlook.

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just announced for the February 2011 Burbank show:

Angie Dickinson
Kim Darby
Tracy Nelson

Dark Shadows reunion:

David Selby (Quentin Collins)
Kathryn Leigh Scott (Maggie Evans)
Lara Parker (Angelique)

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Great Harry Anderson auto,always watched Night Court when it was on Smile

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spidergoblin:
Great Harry Anderson auto,always watched Night Court when it was on Smile

He seemed to be a crowd pleaser. A bunch of celebrities and their handlers told me they loved that autograph too.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just added for the February 2011 Burbank show:

Della Reese
Rich Little
Lita Ford
Fred Williamson

Animation actors reunion:

June Foray (Rocky the Flying Squirrel)
Janet Waldo (Judy Jetson)
Marvin Kaplan (Choo Choo on Top Cat)
Leo DeLyon (Spook & Brain on Top Cat)

Summer School reunion:

Dean Cameron (Francis "Chainsaw" Gremp)
Patrick Labyorteaux (Kevin Winchester)

updated Dark Shadows reunion:

David Selby (Quentin Collins)
Kathryn Leigh Scott (Maggie Evans)
Lara Parker (Angelique)
Christopher Pennock (Cyrus Longworth)
Jerry Lacy (Gregory Trask)

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Adrian Booth aka Lorna Gray
Richard Roundtree
Christopher Mayer
Amanda Pays

Love Boat reunion:

Gavin Macleod (Captain Stubing)
Lauren Tewes (Julie McCoy)
Bernie Kopell (Doctor Bricker)

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Loni Anderson
Vivica A. Fox

Just One Of The Guys reunion:

Joyce Hyser (Terry Griffith)
Clayton Rohner (Rick Morehouse)

updated Lost in Space reunion:

June Lockhart (Maureen Robinson)
Mark Goddard (Don West)
Bill Mumy (Will Robinson)
Marta Kristen (Judy Robinson)

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just added for the February show:

George Hamilton
Cindy Morgan

Josie and the Pussycats reunion:

Janet Waldo (Josie McCoy)
Jackie Joseph (Melody Valentine)
Barbara Pariot (Valerie Brown)
Sherry Alberoni (Alexandra Cabot)

Hunter reunion:

Fred Dryer (Rick Hunter)
Stepfanie Kramer (Dee Dee McCall)

Dukes of Hazzard replacement cast reunion:

Byron Cherry (Coy Duke)
Christopher Mayer (Vance Duke)

The Love Boat reunion has been postponed.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Robert Blake
Alan Thicke
Vicki Lewis
Valerie Perrine
Lonette McKee

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just got back from the February 2011 Hollywood Show in Burbank, CA. I'm lucky I was able to get my most wanted auto as the top draw Robert Blake (making his first autograph show appearance) decided to leave after only signing for a little over an hour. Here's my in-person autograph haul.

Robert Blake

George Hamilton

Alan Thicke

Jason Lively

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
You got some great autos there... Fantastic shot of George Hamilton! Warren Beatty, Robert Wagner and Georgie are the last major actors around from that bygone studio era, right?

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BILLZEE:
You got some great autos there... Fantastic shot of George Hamilton! Warren Beatty, Robert Wagner and Georgie are the last major actors around from that bygone studio era, right?

I'm pretty sure that studio era is still well represented. Off the top of my head I can think of Peter Fonda, Robert Redford, Kirk Douglas, Ernest Borgnine, Jack Nicholson, Angie Dickinson, and Debbie Reynolds.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Oh-h-h thats true! There are some more around....

But I didn't think that Nicholson and Peter Fonda came up thru the big studio contract system...?

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think they both started with independent films, but became stars during the period.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just heard that Robert Blake showed up at the show today, caused a ruckus, and was kicked out.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
I hear he's quite a character in-person... Would have liked to have seen that!

Tanya Roberts walked out at the Fall Chicago Expo show I attended, after only an hour or two... Its sort of funny! Razz