Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Hollywood Collector's Show in Burbank, CA & Chicago, IL
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hollywood Collector's Show in Burbank, CA & Chicago, IL
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
I've attended the last 6 shows and was wondering if there's anyone else on the boards who's also a fan of this show.
The last 4 shows have been great with many first time autograph show attendees. I've been able to get autographs from Paul Reubens, Katey Sagal, Erik Estrada, Tom Bosley, Henry Winkler, Tony Curtis, Angie Dickinson, E.G. Daily, Charles Fleischer, Micky Dolenz, Elliott Gould, and others.
I've also been able to get autographs from many previous attendees such as Mickey Rooney, Debbie Reynolds, Larry Storch, Ken Berry, Robert Culp, Clint Howard (on a picture also signed by Ron Howard), Linda Blair, Tippi Hedren, Rip Taylor, Adam West, Bill Mumy, Dawn Wells, June Foray, Kevin McCarthy, and others.
So far for the next show they've annonced Carol Channing.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rl75,

Posts: 649 | Location: California | Registered: November 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
INTERESTED IS THERE A WEBSITE FOR THESE SHOWS,THANKS

Posts: 91 | Location: yucca valley,ca 92284 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Hollywood Collector's show does have a website. They usually update it around once a week or so. I'm always checking it for the latest names announced for the next show.
By the way, I forgot to mention in my previous post that they have the shows 4 times a year. The next show is in February.

Posts: 649 | Location: California | Registered: November 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rl75:
The Hollywood Collector's show does have a website. They usually update it around once a week or so. I'm always checking it for the latest names announced for the next show.
By the way, I forgot to mention in my previous post that they have the shows 4 times a year. The next show is in February.

Could you post a link to the website?

Thanks,
-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
New names announced for the February show:

Ernest Borgnine (1st autograph show)

Dick Van Patten

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
They just added a "Lou Grant" reunion with Ed Asner and other cast members.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The show just added Peter Falk (first autograph show), and Larry Storch.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Another pretty big addition: George Kennedy (first autograph show.)

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:
The first group of names for the Chicago show in March has been posted. Among the ones listed so far are:

• Stephanie Powers ("Hart To Hart")
  • Hugh O'Brian ("The Life & Legend Of Wyatt Earp")
  • Bert I. 'Mr. B.I.G.' Gordon ("The Amazing Colossal Man")
  • Karolyn 'Zuzu' Grimes ("It's A Wonderful Life")
  • Ken Norton (Former Heavyweight Champion of the World)
  • Antonio Fargas ('Huggy Bear' on "Starsky & Hutch")

• They're also listing Paul "Pee Wee Herman" Reubens as a possible guest. He has to change some plans in order to make the show.

Bronze Card Talk Member
    posted Hide Post
    The February Burbank show just added Jonathan Winters, Bill Mumy, Margot Kidder, and Joan Leslie.

Bronze Card Talk Member
    posted Hide Post
    The February Burbank show is this weekend. Anyone else planning on going?

Bronze Card Talk Member
    posted Hide Post
    I went to the Burbank show today.
    Here's my haul:

Ernest Borgnine auto
    Jonathan Winters auto
    Ed Asner auto
    Carol Channing auto
    Dick Van Patten auto
    Edd "Kookie" Byrnes auto
    Margot Kidder auto
    Bernie Kopell auto
    Beverly Washburn auto

I had an a hour and twenty minute wait for Ernest Borgnine, but everybody else was 10 minutes or less. I skipped Peter Falk, because after waiting so long for Ernest Borgnine, I didn't want to wait in Falk's hour long line.

Bronze Card Talk Member
    posted Hide Post
    The Burbank April show has had it's first 16 celebrities announced. So far the big name is Lindsay Wagner (first autograph show).

Bronze Card Talk Member
    posted Hide Post
    I believe Lindsey Wagner did the Bionic Show that was held either this past year or year before.It was held on the East Coast, along with many other people that were in the 6 Million Dollar man and Bionic Woman. I understand they tried to get Lee Majors and he had canceled at that time.
    Hope this helps for the record.

Posts: 955 | Location: HICKORY HILLS IL | Registered: April 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Bronze Card Talk Member
    posted Hide Post
    Val Kilmer has cancelled his appearance at this weekend's Chicago show.

Willie Aames and Kevin McCarthy have been added to this April's Burbank show.

Picture of eng621
    posted Hide Post
    I just got back from the show. A little smaller than I remember, but still good. The room was nicely packed.
    I got Auto's from Chanel Ryan (for my son), Eric Estrada (for my wife), Margot kidder & Noel Neill. I bought a Mark Hamill and Ray Griffins (Gonk Droid).
    Plus I found a couple of Star Wars Laser Discc and The book Geogre Lucas for 1/2 price. Not to bad of a day.
    I hope the next is a little bigger.

Posts: 113 | Location: Yorkville,IL., USA | Registered: April 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Bronze Card Talk Member
    posted Hide Post
    How many collectors showed up? Was there enough interest to warrant future shows?

Picture of eng621
    posted Hide Post
    I talked to Ray and he sounded positive. They've already comitted to the fall show, so they will have that one.

Posts: 113 | Location: Yorkville,IL., USA | Registered: April 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Bronze Card Talk Member
    posted Hide Post
    The April Burbank show is getting a "Charles in Charge" reunion. So far, they've announced Willie Aames and Josie Davis. Hopefully they'll announce more.

Bronze Card Talk Member
    posted Hide Post
    New top celebrity announced for the April Burbank show: Patty Duke.