Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Philly Non-Sports Card Show - October 20 & 21
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Philly Non-Sports Card Show - October 20 & 21
 Login/Join

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Love the Red Robin card, well done Tom for doing that. Clap

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Page 2 of this thread mentions in and it happens at every Philly show and you posted directly under it Big Grin

Posts: 12153 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Here is some of my haul from the weekend!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Very Nice

Posts: 12153 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
quote:
So sad. I asked how to get that promo several times yesterday. Never heard any talk of a Red Robin event! Where was this information available! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH, now I have to chase it down! Did anyone get an extra?

You also did not come to the gathering this morning. As Hammer said the Red Robin event was mentioned a number of times. Why did you not find one of us? Harris is easy to find as he is always in the area of the NSU table. It's too bad we have a good time and would have liked to meet you.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Very Nice

Thanks Hammer! Some of my haul will be winging it's way to the UK next month! Big Grin Wink

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
quote:
Very Nice

Thanks Hammer! Some of my haul will be winging it's way to the UK next month! Big Grin Wink

It's Ok you can leave harris behind!!! Big Grin

Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I claim image rights on the wolfie sketch.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

Very nice haul! I especially like the Spook Show sketch and the Outer Limits card.

Speaking of Spook Show, I am now seeing Philly Monsterwax 20th Anniversary promos on Ebay. As I am a vintage Halloween freak, I have to get me one of these! Big Grin

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pendragon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Here is some of my haul from the weekend!

Nice haul Batman. Love the Spook Show sketch and nice snag on the Frankenstein film card. Those are not easy to find.

Posts: 429 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: January 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Had a great time at the show! Great weekend, loved chatting with everyone...Good times. Thanks especially to Harris and Roxanne. Really glad to meet you bothSmile

Posts: 1 | Location: nj | Registered: October 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Very nice haul there Batman, you picked up some amazing sketches!

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lark:
Had a great time at the show! Great weekend, loved chatting with everyone...Good times. Thanks especially to Harris and Roxanne. Really glad to meet you bothSmile

Thank you very much Lark. That's very nice of you to say.

I really enjoyed meeting you as well. Thank you for coming to the show and hope to see you again at the show. Best of luck with your art. Smile

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I had a great time at the show! Everybody had great things to say about my promo, I'm very grateful that it was so well-received.

The whole weekend went by very fast, I didn't get to draw as much as I had planned because I was usually engaged in some very deep conversations about everything from Mars Attacks to Bettie Page to ripping out eyeballs (not necessarily in that order Wink).

It was great to meet a lot of collectors, manufacturers and fellow artists who I've never met before (I'm not going to name individual names because I'm sure I'll forget someone Frown). This is one of the best things about the Philly show, and one of the reasons I still attend when I'm not a guest.

The pumpkin decorating contest was fun. I told Cliff I liked a challenge, so he brought me the ugliest pumpkin I'd ever seen! I was expecting something with an odd shape, this thing had the measles! But I made the best of it... I'm sure Harris or Cliff will be posting pics soon.

I bought a box of TrueBlood from Tony (Triangle). He opened the case and said "pick the one you want." Upon closer inspection there was an Archive Box in the case! I didn't hold Tony to his offer. Wink

Thanks to everybody who stopped by my table, to the manufacturers for the awesome promos, and to the Tosers for inviting me back. Already looking forward to the next one.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
I loved this show, and was a great time! See NSU talk post for troubles I had making it to the talk. Next time should be cake walk since I know the area now, this was my first trip there and was successful.

I will never miss the Red Robin event as long as I can attend the show again, mark my wordsSmile The weekend went way to fast!

I have to say, I was most impressed by Tom Breyer (Breygent) and his group! They did a great job of not only making wonderful promos available but also making themselves available to talk with people that attended! They had a nice array of products to purchase as well.

It was good to be able to trade promos at the cryptozoic table and my wife won a prize from Rittenhouse.

I love putting faces with names and can't wait to see some pics from the show shared! Now I know who some of you folks areSmile

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
I had an awesome time at the show on Sunday. Unfortunately I slept in late (because I had a huge day on Saturday at another event) and didn't get there until about 3:00. But I did get some cool Xena cards.

I got the dual Xena/Hercules autograph card, which was the last autograph card that I needed, I got this card at a very good price, thanks to Tony (I think that's his name!)

I also got some other smaller Xena cards that I needed. I found a few that I wanted/needed but ran out of money, sigh. I'll have to remember to bring more next show.

I was disappointed that I couldn't find any of the guild cards (loose, not boxes). Maybe I didn't go to the right tables?

It was great seeing everyone! Great to see Tom aka TWS again!!!! Great to talk with Bev and Byrna, Always love to talk with fellow Xenites! Unfortunately I missed Harris and didn't see Jane Frown Maybe next show.

I am so happy I was able to make this show. It almost didn't happen.

Thanks to the Tosers for a great show!!

Posts: 1950 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It was great chatting with everyone during the weekend. I'm still sorting through all the stuff I came home with. Thanks to all the dealers, manufacturers, artists, NSU crew and attendees for making it another great show. I can't wait until May!

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jessica:
I had an awesome time at the show on Sunday. Unfortunately I slept in late (because I had a huge day on Saturday at another event) and didn't get there until about 3:00. But I did get some cool Xena cards.

I got the dual Xena/Hercules autograph card, which was the last autograph card that I needed, I got this card at a very good price, thanks to Tony (I think that's his name!)

I also got some other smaller Xena cards that I needed. I found a few that I wanted/needed but ran out of money, sigh. I'll have to remember to bring more next show.

I was disappointed that I couldn't find any of the guild cards (loose, not boxes). Maybe I didn't go to the right tables?

It was great seeing everyone! Great to see Tom aka TWS again!!!! Great to talk with Bev and Byrna, Always love to talk with fellow Xenites! Unfortunately I missed Harris and didn't see Jane Frown Maybe next show.

I am so happy I was able to make this show. It almost didn't happen.

Thanks to the Tosers for a great show!!

I did see you Jessica late in the day on Sunday and started to make my way to you to say hi and must have gotten distracted. Glad to hear you had a good time. I'll see you next time for sure!

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did someone already post pics of what was in the Mars Attacks Grab Bags?

Posts: 425 | Location: Ada, MI | Registered: June 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post