Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
Will there be Mars Attacks themed pumpkin decorating this year? Big Grin

Yeah, we get to blow them up! Dance

Bring your ray guns!

October 05, 2012, 10:04 AM
H_Toser
We will have a lot of prizes to give away at the upcoming show. With this one using Mars Attacks as a theme, most of the prizes are Mars Attacks related. We've put up a special page on the website with a list of what's up for grabs. Most will be given away as door prizes, though some may be held back for our NSU Card Talk Member Gathering. Here's a link to the page:

Philly Non-Sports Card Show Prizes

October 11, 2012, 10:57 AM
Roxanne
The show is almost here. Tomorrow is the last day to make reservations at the Staybridge Suites, right next door to the Hilton Garden Inn http://phillynon-sportscardsho...m/travel-hotel-info/

The rate is $89 +tax and includes fully cooked breakfast for two.

October 13, 2012, 04:56 PM
Logan
One week to go! Metal Clap Bouncey
October 13, 2012, 07:03 PM
H_Toser
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
One week to go! Metal Clap Bouncey

Yep! And several more promo cards to post this week too. Big Grin

October 14, 2012, 05:51 PM
H_Toser

We will be doing a pumpkin contest again at the show. NSU friends Cliff & Carol had this crazy idea last year to get the artist to decorate pumpkins at the Philly Show. Like this year's show, last year's was just a couple of weeks before Halloween.

Here's how it works. We'll be arming each of the artists at the show with pumpkins and asking them to decorate them (time permitting) on Saturday. On Sunday, we'll ask collectors to vote for their favorite and the creator of the winning pumpkin will be awarded a $50 Amazon.com gift card.

So if you see pumpkins around the show, you'll know why! And if you would like to see how the pumpkins came out last year, we did a blog entry on it. Here's a link to that:

NSU Blog: The Great Pumpkin Contest

October 14, 2012, 08:15 PM
Martian Commander
Harris has asked Adam Levine, Topps' Licensing Manager (and Mars Attacks gatekeeper) to speak at the Sunday Morning card-talk forum.

Mr. Levine is preparing a roundtable discussion format, but Harris has also asked him to bring a visual presentation.

So what is it you'd like see?
October 15, 2012, 06:32 PM
H_Toser
Have you been checking the prize page? I've been slowly adding prizes to it including a Wacky Packages #2 comic book signed by Joe Simko and a Mars Attacks The Holidays NYCC Exclusive comic both from this past weekend's New York Comic Con. We have nearly enough prizes to give two away every half-hour during our prize hours. Check at the prize table when you get to the show for the times and be sure to fill out your prize coupon to enter the draws.

quote:
Originally posted by Martian Commander:
Harris has asked Adam Levine, Topps' Licensing Manager (and Mars Attacks gatekeeper) to speak at the Sunday Morning card-talk forum.

Mr. Levine is preparing a roundtable discussion format, but Harris has also asked him to bring a visual presentation.

Also, be sure to see the note above from the Martian Commander. Anyone have input for him?? I know myself, I am curious about what Topps plans for the license now that the Heritage set is out. Will there be more card sets and if so, with what on them? Maybe stuff taken from the IDW books?

And now that Topps and IDW has announced all those Mars Attacks cross overs (KISS, Tranformers, etc.), will we get cards from those??

What would everyone else like to see Adam present on or including in his presentation?

Thanks.

October 17, 2012, 09:37 AM
Flag City Collectibles
For entry tickets to show are there age cut offs or do children need tickets as well? Is there any benefit to get two one day passes versus the weekend pass? I know some shows conventions limit exclusives per day per pass or weekend pass.

Thanks for the heads up. Driving over 1000 miles for my first show leaving tomorrow night to get there for the weekendSmile

October 17, 2012, 09:40 AM
H_Toser
Children under 12 get in free. Two day passes are less expensive then two one-day passes.

See you at the show.

October 17, 2012, 10:41 AM
wolfie
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:

Children under 12 get in free.

Good news for me as i'm under 12...honest. Wavey

October 17, 2012, 10:51 AM
Batman
quote:

I have been picking up several of the licensed products like the bobble head, wall graphics, t-shirt, etc. I would be interested in seeing or hearing about other Mars Attacks licensed merchandise. Smile

October 17, 2012, 07:56 PM
H_Toser
Good news. We're happy to announce the first 25 people through the door on Saturday AND Sunday will receive a Mars Attacks/Alien grab bag as a thank you for coming to the show. The grab bag includes a sheet of Mars Attacks temporary tattoos from the 1990s and a Mars Attacks button, also from the 1990s. See them both below. Random grab bags will also contain the alien eraser shown below.

See you at the show.

October 18, 2012, 04:12 AM
hammer
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:

Children under 12 get in free.

Good news for me as i'm under 12...honest. Wavey

Mental age doesn't count
October 18, 2012, 06:35 AM
wolfie
More wolfie discrimination. Big Grin

October 18, 2012, 09:12 AM
t.breyer
Promos for the Philly Show

Deadworld UK promo

3 Grimm foil version promo cards

Special Jim Kyle promo to be announced later (how its being handed out)

October 18, 2012, 10:03 AM
Batman
Outstanding! Thanks Tom! Smile Thumb Up

October 18, 2012, 10:54 AM
Flag City Collectibles
TOM,

NICE STUFF! I am a huge fan of those Grimm promos so can't waitSmile

October 18, 2012, 10:55 AM
Bill DeFranzo
Just under the wire to be included, in detail, on the Promo Checklist (roadmap)

Thank you. I especially love those World of Fantasy promos!

AKA: Promo Czar (self-appointed)