Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    SEPT 11TH & 12TH CAROL STREAM (CHICAGO) IL CECE PRESENTS the First Fall Festival
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SEPT 11TH & 12TH CAROL STREAM (CHICAGO) IL CECE PRESENTS the First Fall Festival
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
Hello All!
Hope everyone is having a nice summer so far.
Below is the information for our First Fall Festival coming this Sept. 11th and 12th.

Where: Holiday Inn & Suites 150 S. Gary Ave Carol Stream, IL. 60188
Friday, Sept 11th 2pm to 7pm
Charity Dinner Fri. Sept 11th 7:30pm to ??
Charity Breakfast Sat. Sept 12th 7:30am-8:30am
Sat. Sept 12th show hours 9am to 3pm

Admission is $ 6.00 per adult per day or $ 10.00/2 day pass per adult. Children under age 5 are FREE!

Discounted Hotel rates
FREE Parking

Non-Sport Trading Cards, Comic Books, Movie items, toys,& other collectibles.

Artists : Mark McHaley, Connie Faye, Chris Ness, Jeff Clark & Tony Miello

Trick or Treat among the exhibitors and freebies for ALL the Children ages 17 and under.

Children's costume contest

Charity Breakfast $ 19.00 per person
Charity Dinner $ 65.00 per person

Also, please note: I will be celebrating my birthday, Sept 11th at the dinner- I am the BIG 50 this year!! So, please come on out and enjoy the evening with us as well.

Life Size, fully functional robots, Silent Auction, Raffles, giveaways and a special store full of items to benefit TWO charities this year!
The U.S. Veterans Home at Manteno (Illinois) and the Pediatric Oncology Treasure Chest Foundation.

We are offering a SPECIAL LIMITED EDITION PRINT dedicated to the Women marines, created by Connie Faye, $ 20.00 per print, limited to 30 pieces only, with 24 remaining. For those who would like to view the print and or place an order, please visit the website at www.chicagolandexpo.com.
We are also offering presale tickets to the show as well as the food functions.

Sign up for our free E-Newsletter for show and activity updates on the website as well.

Hope to see everyone there!

Please note: we still have a small handful of tables for both exhibitors and creators available. Please drop me a line to inquire.
thanks and have a great day!
Paul

Posts: 955 | Location: HICKORY HILLS IL | Registered: April 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
only one week away now. Hope everyone is getting excited!

Make sure you visit our new artist, Chris Ness, his work is amazing!

Also, please stop by Connie Faye's booth and order your special art print of the female marines. All proceeds will bebenfit the vets at the US Veteran's Home at Manteno.
Thanks Paul

Posts: 955 | Location: HICKORY HILLS IL | Registered: April 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I'll be there Paul, looking forward to this!

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of sthomas
posted Hide Post
Long live the CECE. . .Will be there

Posts: 92 | Location: Chicago area | Registered: February 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
So who else is going? Only 1 day away. I'll be there for sure on Friday, may show up on Sat. Have a handful of promos from a set featured in New and Noteworthy next issue for Card Talkers.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
Not going to be able to make it. Bummed. Have fun to those of you going. Sorry to miss Ms. Faye and the other artists Frown

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
While I had to cancel both this and Ed & Kevin's shows while I care for my wife, I will be making a cameo appearance tonight. Hope to see some of you there.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Had a nice time at Paul's Fall Festival. Not as many card dealers, but many comics, toys and movie posters and photos. And there were still cards there. Picked up a few from my want list. Got a beautiful Connie Faye sketch. Will post pictures and full report in the next day or two.

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Harris has posted my blog article and pics about the Fall Festival - check them out on today's NSU Blog.

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:
Harris has posted my blog article and pics about the Fall Festival - check them out on today's NSU Blog.

Thanks Don. Here's the link to Don's report:

First Fall Festival Comic Book+ Show Report

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Nice report and nice photos. The show looks as if it is very well run and full of all sorts of stuff people would want.

So.....................

How come there is nobody there? Confused

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

Just read your report. Don, is there a way to contact Connie Faye re. her Sister Veterans prints? If there are any left I'd like to purchase one, as I'm a Marine Corps veteran myself. I'm always interested in donating to things benefiting vets in need. Smile

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Semper Fi Debi! You can check out Connie's website at www.conniefaye.com and contct her from there

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Great report, Don!

Thumb Up

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Semper Fi Debi! You can check out Connie's website at www.conniefaye.com and contct her from there

Thanks Don! I'm going to contact her via her site and inquire about the print.

So were you a Devil Dog too? Ooo-rah!! Thumb Up

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
No Debi, US Army, but I have a lot of USMC friends.
I'm pretty sure there were some prints left over.

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Paul just posted on Face Book that the extra prints are available from the CECE website. Just use the link in Paul's first post in this threat to contact him.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Paul just posted on Face Book that the extra prints are available from the CECE website. Just use the link in Paul's first post in this threat to contact him.

Thanks Don! I just now ordered my print from the CECE site. Metal

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
We have an interview today on the NSU blog with Fall Festival show promoter Paul Maiellaro. NSU's Scott Thomas conducted this in conjunction with the show last weekend and it's a pretty interesting read for anyone who would like to know what Paul and Diane plan for their future shows. Here's the link:

A Show With Benefits

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dcole:
quote:

Thanks Don! I just now ordered my print from the CECE site. Metal

Received my print the other day. It looks great and is a fitting tribute to us female Jarheads (lol) past and present. Wink
Thanks again for mentioning these, Don. Always want to support vets!