Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Fall Chicago Non-Sport Card Show September 30 and October 1st!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fall Chicago Non-Sport Card Show September 30 and October 1st!
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
And... This was going to be tomorrow's tease but I don't know if I'll get online tomorrow due to packing and moving.

So, Scifi Cards P46

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
I would also like to announce that we have two dealers doing their first Chicago Non-Sport Card Show. I hope everyone makes them feel welcome, and spend a few at their tables if you feel so inclined.

quote:
Leo Guerrero

Look for Comic Books from the Bronze, Copper, and modern age as well as toys and collectible from this new exhibitor.

Rick Rann

Rick is a local dealer bringing lots of "older" cards. Help him feel welcome at his first show with us!

Only a few days until the show (and 1800 miles).

Get those want lists dusted off and updated. Nothing sadder than hearing someone forgot their want list.

Ed

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Looks like another great card to add to my set Ed. Clap

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Did P43 come out and i somehow missed it?

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Anyone up for trades? Will bring a box of recent promos and inserts. Also my stack of autos for trade.
Does anyone collect the McFarlane Walking Dead Mini Figures? I have a few for trade, looking for ones I don't have. Also have a few Funco Game of Thrones Mystery Minis for trade.
Looking forward to seeing everyone there

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Starting to box things up.

Last chance to make any special request.
Check out postings under Modern & Vintage trading threads.

Email by Noon Wednesday. Big Grin Thumb Up

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
I will be bringing my extra Mars Attacks Occupation,
Doctor Who Timeless, and Decision 2016 cards. Always looking for promos.

I need promo cards from U.S. Autographs The Mob. Looking for Game of Thrones Season 5 base cards.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
I will be bringing my box of extras. Not much new there unfortunately but you never know.

Only one of the kiddos is coming along this time and our ETA will be around the dinner gathering. New job means no leaving early for the card show. Frown

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Hope everyone has a great time at the show this weekend. Wavey

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Will Breygent have any new promos at the show ? Dinner promos, etc. ?

Posts: 3994 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hippiejewel
posted Hide Post
I'll be there at the door on Saturday. Will have some decals and die cuts. See you all there.....

Jewel Big Grin

Posts: 2035 | Location: Western Burbs of Chicago | Registered: April 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Will Breygent have any new promos at the show ? Dinner promos, etc. ?

At this point I do not have any Breygent promos to give out.

FedEx willing, that should change before the doors open.

Dinner is just dinner. No promos implied or promised.

Ed

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
FedEx willing, that should change before the doors open.

Dinner is just dinner. No promos implied or promised.

Ed[/QUOTE]

Come on FedEx don't let us down. Hope you drive was uneventful!

Can't wait to see you all.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
promo delivered today

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome -- Breygent Rocks!

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
It was another cool show, and it's not over, going back tomorrow. Great to see many friends, picked up a few things off the want list.
Yes, there were promos at the dinner, but really, we all don't go for the promos, it's nice just to sit a talk, and food is great.
I probably will not do a show blog as I have in the past, but will give a more detailed report tomorrow

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hippiejewel
posted Hide Post
Will see everyone shortly.....

Jewel Big Grin

Posts: 2035 | Location: Western Burbs of Chicago | Registered: April 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hippiejewel:
Will see everyone shortly.....

Jewel Big Grin

Great stuff......and don't call me shortly. Big Grin

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
The show is over, and was another good one. Thanks to Ed and Kevin for hosting this show, and to the staff at the Holiday Inn.
It was great seeing all my Card Talk and hobby friends, Lovesmesomecards, xTime, Kennywood, Hippiejewel, Rod S, Stevetrek, WebJon, Scott Thomas, Iggy, Brian S. and I'm sure I've forgotten someone...
A couple of dealers had some nice old cards, xTime is a dealer extraordinaire when it comes to new and old singles.
The show artist, Rich Kunz is a delight to talk with, and his art is very nicely done. He had prints, bookmarks and tShirts for sale. He did the show card with Frankenstein's monster on it.
Thanks also to RR Parks, who donated boxes for the drawing, and exclusive show promos, as well as loose packs to give out at the door.

The dinner was great, and at the end Ed handed out metal cards of the show promo from Sci Fi cards and the Frankenstein card.

Also was good to talk with David DeFranzo, his dad Bill was a good friend at the Chicago show and will be long remembered by us.

Finished a bunch of stuff off my want list, picked up a nice Rosita auto from Walking Dead and a box of new Star Wars Rogue One Mission Breifing, which I hope to post in box breakdowns.

Hope everyone had a great time and got somethings they needed, and a bunch of things they didn't need!

posted Hide Post
Unfortunately I was only able to make a brief pit stop at the show today, but I'm so glad I did -- always great to chat with everyone, even if I could only talk for a few minutes with most folks, I really enjoyed it. . .

And I wasn't planning on spending any money, but I did manage to find a great card for my collection so out came the credit card.

Good to see you all!

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post